MBX6 ECO Thread

Reply

Old 01-14-2011, 12:32 AM
  #16  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Drift_Buggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,661
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Apparantly due to late January. Anyone know the differences between it and the MBX6? & if you can get the conversion kit by itself?
Drift_Buggy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:52 AM
  #17  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Drift_Buggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,661
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Do you know what size battery tray?
Drift_Buggy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:55 AM
  #18  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,518
Default

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy View Post
Apparantly due to late January. Anyone know the differences between it and the MBX6? & if you can get the conversion kit by itself?
Mugen will not release a conversion kit for the car. You can but all pieces serperate, but that will be expensive I guess. I don't know if the batterytray will the nitro mbx6 because the eco chasis is 5mm longer.

Or you buy the mbx6 or you buy a nitro mbx6 and the Tekno V4 if money is not an issue.
The Tekno chasis is also 5mm longer than nitro chasis, but the balance is very good and it's very narrow. The Tekno makes the car a bit more nimble and more predictable.
morgoth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:27 AM
  #19  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (96)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norcal
Posts: 929
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy View Post
Do you know what size battery tray?
Battery Tray Dimensions: 50x140mm
eddiemoney13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:04 AM
  #20  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 413
Default

edit
mihaelbencek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:26 AM
  #21  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Drift_Buggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,661
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Mugen will not release a conversion kit for the car. You can but all pieces serperate, but that will be expensive I guess. I don't know if the batterytray will the nitro mbx6 because the eco chasis is 5mm longer.

Or you buy the mbx6 or you buy a nitro mbx6 and the Tekno V4 if money is not an issue.
The Tekno chasis is also 5mm longer than nitro chasis, but the balance is very good and it's very narrow. The Tekno makes the car a bit more nimble and more predictable.
Not really interested in the Tekno kit. Just want something I can buy, put a esc/motor/radio in and go. Been there and done all that before with a Losi 8IGHT but not wanting to run mech brakes, clutch etc.

Originally Posted by eddiemoney13 View Post
Battery Tray Dimensions: 50x140mm
Thanks. Wanting to work out what 4S batteries are going to fit.
Drift_Buggy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:11 AM
  #22  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,518
Default

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy View Post
Not really interested in the Tekno kit. Just want something I can buy, put a esc/motor/radio in and go. Been there and done all that before with a Losi 8IGHT but not wanting to run mech brakes, clutch etc.
I run normal pinions on the V4.
morgoth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:49 PM
  #23  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

It has been released in Japan. My LHS in Japan just got one yesterday. Looks clean. Plastic spur gear surprised me. I like the body alot.
igyrigged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:45 PM
  #24  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
It has been released in Japan. My LHS in Japan just got one yesterday. Looks clean. Plastic spur gear surprised me. I like the body alot.
any upgrades when compared to the original mbx6 other than the longer chassis and plastic spur?
samita is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:31 AM
  #25  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
RCZILLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 189
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
It has been released in Japan. My LHS in Japan just got one yesterday. Looks clean. Plastic spur gear surprised me. I like the body alot.
True, most stores in US are saying late Febuary now. Plastic Spurs are pretty much standard on all 1/8 electric buggies.
RCZILLA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:07 AM
  #26  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,518
Default

Quote from Mugen Seiki about the eco: "Look for this kit to hit hobby shops by the middle of February! Back order yours now!"

The plastic spur is interesting for those who want to lighten their mbx6 with an other conversion. The AE plastic spur is about 20g lighter than the steel spur, so I expect the same from the mugen spur.
morgoth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:55 AM
  #27  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by samita View Post
any upgrades when compared to the original mbx6 other than the longer chassis and plastic spur?
Nope, only other differences were just the aluminium shock towers and longer front and rear chassis braces that are plastic.
igyrigged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:50 AM
  #28  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
buzzlitebeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 81
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Got any pics of your new buggy?
buzzlitebeer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:04 AM
  #29  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by buzzlitebeer View Post
Got any pics of your new buggy?
I actually just ordered one today after seeing one that the LHS worker had preordered.
igyrigged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:25 AM
  #30  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
Nope, only other differences were just the aluminium shock towers and longer front and rear chassis braces that are plastic.
Thanks!
samita is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service