Wiki Posts
Search

MBX6 ECO Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by colter
Got my first club race E-buggy win over the weekend with the Eco. Only 2 others were running, but both good drivers so I felt good about it. Turning pretty consistent laps with more to be had as I continue to work on my set-up. Still fighting a push turning in and middle of only high speed turn on the smaller indoor, high bite clay track I am running on. I am losing a ton of time in this turn- as well as still over driving a few corners. This thing turns on a dime though through all the tight/technical/lower speed turns. Really enjoying it and looking forward to getting it out on some larger tracks in the coming months. In the meantime, gonna change the rear plate to 2.75 toe and 1 degree kick up to see if that will free me up a bit, but still be controllable. Any other suggestions?
being new on this buggy myself I don't have any suggestions but would like to hear your set up discoveries so far.

I run indoor high bite myself.

thanks
Old 05-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PorTX
Any suggestions? Probably a dumb question, but was in hopes someone could help guide me in the right direction.
Change your pistons to the 6 hole, or go up 5wt
Old 05-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leaderbeanjr
Just got my ECO all done, just finished painting the body can't wait to go run it..
sweet paint job I really like it
Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1bigshane
i have cracked 3 rear diff housings, anyone else??? never did on my nitro
I cracked the metal plate in front of the diff and also cracked the rear diff in the process
Old 05-18-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jurquhart
I cracked the metal plate in front of the diff and also cracked the rear diff in the process
+1
Old 05-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+2
Old 05-18-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by buggy8
being new on this buggy myself I don't have any suggestions but would like to hear your set up discoveries so far.

I run indoor high bite myself.

thanks
I went to 7k in the center diff as opposed to going up in the rear as I still wanted to make sure that I had good rotation but wanted to take some of the snappy looseness out. This definitely worked- as now I am fighting a tighter buggy in a couple of areas that is costing me time. I have also played around with the caster (moving all shims in front of the upper arms instead of rear) to get more high speed turning and this has helped a bit, but not enough. I am going to try the different rear toe block this weekend first, but if that does not help me I am thinking about going back to 10k in the center diff and working from there to get a bit of the looseness out that this will create. (I actually turned my fastest lap with 10k in the center diff first time out, but overall looseness was too much for me to put down really consistent laps) Maybe go to 4 or 5k in the rear. Still using stock black springs and oil from the box set-up. Gonna experiement a bit this weekend with moving up oil weight all the way around I think if I have time. Also- if you are on a really high bite track you may want to look into some heavier sway bars and or the +1 or +2 mm offset hubs to help with traction rolling. Was running HB Beams all the way around and had a rolling problem but switched over to Losi Reptiles soft compound in an effort to free the buggy up a bit. Cant say that the Reptiles did much of that- but not having near the traction roll problems and the grip level is still good. The track that I run at has the tires for 10 bux for 2 with inserts so it was a no brainer to try them and the owner suggested them as well and they have worked greatly. May be worth trying in your case as well if you can find a good deal on them. Hope some of this helps.

Last edited by colter; 05-18-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)
Default Looking to buy an ECO!

ECO fans are any of the Mugen faithful looking to part with their ECO rollers? If so, please pm details as I will be looking to pick one of these up in the next week. Also, I've read the last 20 pages or so, what should I be looking for by way of extras/upgrades when I make my purchase, are rear bulkheads an issue?

When I ran my MBX6T I ran all the M2C suspension holders but don't know that you need them on this ride. Also, can someone point me to a good starting setup for large outdoor motocross style tracks?

Thanks guys...hard to believe this rig is 11ounces lighter than my RC8BE!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I got crossed up over the largest jump on our track (not huge 20+ft) and my buggy hit with a huge THUD and whipped itself into a barrel roll. Nothing at all was broken or scathed.

LOVE THIS thing.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yacagree
+1
+3
Old 05-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjunky10
ECO fans are any of the Mugen faithful looking to part with their ECO rollers? If so, please pm details as I will be looking to pick one of these up in the next week. Also, I've read the last 20 pages or so, what should I be looking for by way of extras/upgrades when I make my purchase, are rear bulkheads an issue?

When I ran my MBX6T I ran all the M2C suspension holders but don't know that you need them on this ride. Also, can someone point me to a good starting setup for large outdoor motocross style tracks?

Thanks guys...hard to believe this rig is 11ounces lighter than my RC8BE!

Im pretty sure I just saw two or three fs in the fs threads , type it in on a search and you should find a few fs.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Justpassedu
Im pretty sure I just saw two or three fs in the fs threads , type it in on a search and you should find a few fs.
True, but unfortunately they sell as fast they get listed. I think I've found one....!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OWTKAST cpt
I got crossed up over the largest jump on our track (not huge 20+ft) and my buggy hit with a huge THUD and whipped itself into a barrel roll. Nothing at all was broken or scathed.

LOVE THIS thing.
I have 3 ECO's for myself, wife and One I practice with 2-3 days a week. We are racing the heck out of them every week and nothing is breaking except for a turnbuckle after a huge cartwheel.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just picked up a nitro roller that I'm going to convert to electric wit the tekno v4 kit. Will standard mod1 pinions work or do I need to get the tekno long shank pinions?

Also, is there anything else I should mod/upgrade in the process? I'm not racing, just bashing, so I'm looking more for durability. But I do have a Tekin RX8/T8 1900 combo I'm putting in it.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dogwood174
I have 3 ECO's for myself, wife and One I practice with 2-3 days a week. We are racing the heck out of them every week and nothing is breaking except for a turnbuckle after a huge cartwheel.
That's a nice gift to the wife , I wish my girl was into rc , I think she'd really enjoy it if she got into but she thinks it's a waste of money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.