Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ST-RR Brushless conversion help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default ST-RR Brushless conversion help.

Got a Kyosho ST-RR that's ready for BL conversion.(quitting nitro for good!lol) Has anyone converted one those? I was looking at the kyosho conversion kit but it said it uses 2 2cell batteries? Is that true? Becuz I've already have bunch of 4s lipos. Then I was looking at the speedpassion kit? It looked cheesy..anyone used those? Any other kits out there for the ST-RR? Any feedback would be appreciated!
Old 03-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I think the Kyosho kit is a single tray, so the 4S is fine. I don't know why they suggest 2S since they just stack them together right next to eachother anyway.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simplechamp
I think the Kyosho kit is a single tray, so the 4S is fine. I don't know why they suggest 2S since they just stack them together right next to eachother anyway.
I thought so as well..but on amain's description it said uses 2 2s lipos... I iwsh I knew for sure so I can get it..anyone used the speedpassion kit?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I just looked at a pic of the kit, you can definitely use a 4S lipo. It's a single tray. The SpeedPassion kit uses 2 trays, so for that you would need a 2x2S setup.

To me the Kyosho kit looks better, and I think the SpeedPassion kit only allows 36mm diameter motors, so you wouldn't be able to use Castle or Tekin motors.