Wiki Posts
Search

SC10 indoor Carpet Help, 180's are killing me

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SC10 indoor Carpet Help, 180's are killing me

Im running my FT SC10 indoors on ozite carpet no jumps...Just a road course. Im getting killed in the 180's. We have 4 other SC10's on the track and all of them have a helluva time on the switchbacks. Most of the other trucks are Traxxis.

I dont have my setup sheet in front of me but its a carpet setup. Ive added 7mm of internal spacers, 40wt shock oil all around. Ive gone from 0 camber in the rear to a current -2. Ive also gone with -2 in the front.

Slight toe out to even now, that seemed to help. Ive even added some weight up front.

Im also running the stock SC10 tires all the way around. Most of the traxxis guys are running foams. Cant find them for my truck yet....go figure.....why would the industry supply the AE vehicle with foam tires for racing. Who would race and Associated.

It has a ton of push out of the box, and I dont think Ive gotten rid of it. Ive been told that the SC10 should be more nimble, but ive yet to see it. The only thing that I havent tried is getting the front end down and bringing the back end up. A ride height adjustment. Just try to get some weight in the front.

Anyone have any expierence with haveing the same problem? How is your AE, vs the Traxxis on carpet?

Any tecniques for improveing the 180 turn of the SC10 would be appreciated.

KC
Old 01-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

the push is from the lack of tire.

what springs are you using? ball diff? tight or loose? gearing? motor?
Old 01-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Lack of tire in front?

Ball diff, 17.5 ballistic, grey in the rear, red up front. About 10mm down on the shock collar in the rear, about 4mm up front on the shock collar
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

yea lack of front tire. what are you using in rear the subcultures??

on my Ft kit i put double dee's on the front and the thing turns on a dime, but! I'm on clay. i would think a small pin would still be ideal for carpet but ill let someone else chime in with an experienced answer on that. whats springs are you using?
Old 01-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

We had to run stock SC10 tires all the way around. Now I HAVE to run the foams.....which means the adapter in the rear, but dont know what im gonna do with the fronts. Might need another post to figure out how to get a foam tire in the front.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hnasdad;
Trinity/Epic make foams for on standard Associated rims. Also try the inline front axles.
Bob Oaks
Old 01-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

They are supposed too, but only in stock for the slash. Tell me more about the front axels?
Old 01-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How tight is your rear diff??? If it's too tight, it will push the front wheels right through the corner.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

an 1/8 to a 1/4 turn off of snug. I took it too squeaky loose and ended up tighenting it back to spec.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

-gear diff w/ black grease
-short wheelbase
-inline axles
-blitz tires rear
-sc10 tires front
-silver springs in front
-green in back
Old 01-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone with a T4/B4 use the inline axels with success. I went to the AE website and they list two of them. Not sure which ones will work on the SC10...obviously the T4 style, which one.

Will these esentially be the adapter im looking for to fit a Slash tire on the front.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Read on a different forum that a guy on rctech called " gone banana " can make foams for just about anything. PM him.

Foams just have more grip in general on carpet.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hnasdad
Im running my FT SC10 indoors on ozite carpet no jumps...Just a road course. Im getting killed in the 180's. We have 4 other SC10's on the track and all of them have a helluva time on the switchbacks. Most of the other trucks are Traxxis.

I dont have my setup sheet in front of me but its a carpet setup. Ive added 7mm of internal spacers, 40wt shock oil all around. Ive gone from 0 camber in the rear to a current -2. Ive also gone with -2 in the front.

Slight toe out to even now, that seemed to help. Ive even added some weight up front.

Im also running the stock SC10 tires all the way around. Most of the traxxis guys are running foams. Cant find them for my truck yet....go figure.....why would the industry supply the AE vehicle with foam tires for racing. Who would race and Associated.

It has a ton of push out of the box, and I dont think Ive gotten rid of it. Ive been told that the SC10 should be more nimble, but ive yet to see it. The only thing that I havent tried is getting the front end down and bringing the back end up. A ride height adjustment. Just try to get some weight in the front.

Anyone have any expierence with haveing the same problem? How is your AE, vs the Traxxis on carpet?

Any tecniques for improveing the 180 turn of the SC10 would be appreciated.

KC
One thing that no one has addressed is roll center and weight transfer. SC10s should be able to run circles around Slash trucks. If you miss the setup, the truck won't turn tight like it should or can. One tuning change will impact the other. You need a front and rear setup that work together. Only make one change at a time, test, and make notes. Use blank setup sheets to keep track of what works and what doesn't for a given track and conditions. This is the only way you will learn.

Try the following setup changes:

Front:
Blue front springs with 30wt shock fluid and #3 piston
Shock mount 1 on the tower and Outside on the Arms
Camber: -1.0
Toe: 0
Front control arm: 1 on the tower and A on the castor block
1 washer on the inside control arm ball stud on the tower.
Axle height set in the middle (1 washer up/1 down)

Rear:
Green rear shock springs, 27.5 fluid, #1 piston
Shock mount 2 on tower and inside on arm
Rear Toe: 3deg mount / standard hub carrier
Rear Control arm: 1 on tower and C on hub carrier
1 washer on ball stud on tower
Short wheel base at hub carrier (both washers to the rear of hub)

Try the above and see if it doesn't feel better.
I wouldn't think you wouldn't need to add any weight on a high bite carpet track. I only add weight to the front if I am pushing in the front too much and weight in the rear only if needed. You want the truck balanced. You don't want the truck too stiff or you won't get weight transfer.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Have you rebuild your shocks recently??? If so, how much rebound do you have the shocks set at. If they are too stiff, the chassis won't be able to roll to let the tire dig in.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

I am having the exact same problem with my sc10. Its pushing through the corners. Stock tires. The above advice doesnr mention tires. Should we do those adjustments with the stock tires or upgrade to something else? My track is carpet with jumps and 1 switchback.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.