Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your RC8Be set up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default What is your RC8Be set up?

Just ordered a RC8Be kit. That is it...Just the KIT. I am wondering what radio, what motor, basically what components should I get to make a screamin fast RC8Be. Money is not an issue.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Thumbs up

You need track time to be screaming fast. If you want reliable electronics that are powerful, you should just pick up the Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2200kv system. Reliable, and more powerful than you could imagine. Use a 4s lipo like the Amain hobbies protek line, or some other similar 4s lipo. If you race indoor on a small track use a 3s lipo.

Pick up a hitech 7955 steering servo and you'll never ever have to worry about servo failure. Pretty much bomb proof. That's it.

Oh, and if you need a radio, any of the spektrum line of radios will get the job done. I use a DX2S and it is great. It has DSM2 and is fast enough for me.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
You need track time to be screaming fast. If you want reliable electronics that are powerful, you should just pick up the Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2200kv system. Reliable, and more powerful than you could imagine. Use a 4s lipo like the Amain hobbies protek line, or some other similar 4s lipo. If you race indoor on a small track use a 3s lipo.

Pick up a hitech 7955 steering servo and you'll never ever have to worry about servo failure. Pretty much bomb proof. That's it.

Oh, and if you need a radio, any of the spektrum line of radios will get the job done. I use a DX2S and it is great. It has DSM2 and is fast enough for me.

Thanks so much! Yea I'm getting back to a childhood hobby. Does neighborhood ownage classify as track time?! haha. I will take your considerations highly. Thanks again!