Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 lightest parts thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mulepic
Thanks for the link, I'll try to import the data.

That's the goal of rcweights.com. The information is out there and just about everyone who races weighs their parts but it's so difficult to find. It's literally a needle in a hay stack. But if we can contribute what we know to rcweights.com we can make this valuable information readily available.
You're right, if everyone weights one part, we will finally have all of them .. which would be awesome
Old 12-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it would be nice if everything was organized into catagories... tires, wheels, batteries, motors, etc...

...At least before the list grows too big to manage
Old 12-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SpEEdyBL
it would be nice if everything was organized into catagories... tires, wheels, batteries, motors, etc...

...At least before the list grows too big to manage
I'll edit my first post but I have no weights for the moment, I need your help

Edit: done

Last edited by Pulse_; 12-31-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

added a few items... AKA tire foam, proline tire and foam.. and a ofna buggy wheel.. thats all the new unused stuff i have sitting around

the AKA turggy foam was 119g each
Old 12-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

From my perspective (basher only, no racing) I still like to have a relatively light vehicle, but I want it to be tough too, and lower maintenance. That is why I look to carbon fiber parts. Shock towers, steering brace, radio/servo tray, even the chassis for my Jammin. I choose to stick with the hardened steel drivetrain parts over alloy to reduce wear and the maintenance that comes with.

The main downside of carbon fiber is that at the failure point it will snap instead of bend. So if you are racing, you can finish the race with a bent alloy tower, but a snapped CF tower will take you out. But for me being a basher breaking down isn't so critical.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:33 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Big Racing

Chassis weighs 290g (10.2 oz).After milling the original RC8B chassis by Big-Racing it weighs 230g (8.1 oz).It lose 60g (2.1 oz)
They sent me message that will cost me $240. dollars for light weight chassis.

http://www.big-racing.net/html/chassis.html
Attached Thumbnails 1/8 lightest parts thread-light-weight-rc8.jpg  
Old 12-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fallguy
added a few items... AKA tire foam, proline tire and foam.. and a ofna buggy wheel.. thats all the new unused stuff i have sitting around

Please also add your weights on this topic so that I don't have to look on other sites what weights what .

The problem with rcweights and tarzee is that it's hard to read IMO; I want all the parts to be separated and list them from the lightest to the heaviest.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Castle Creations 1800kv 1518/1Y 476g
Old 12-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Another thing that would be good to look at is the price of the stock part vs. the price of the lightweight alternative. Then you could calculate how much it costs per gram of weight reduction for each piece. It would really help those on a tighter budget decide which lightweight option parts get them the most "bang for their buck" so to speak.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by simplechamp
Another thing that would be good to look at is the price of the stock part vs. the price of the lightweight alternative. Then you could calculate how much it costs per gram of weight reduction for each piece. It would really help those on a tighter budget decide which lightweight option parts get them the most "bang for their buck" so to speak.
This would be complicated as hell .

If people want to compare specific parts prices it's very easy for them as all infos are on the web. It would be very long for me to look at each price. What's more they're changing from a shop to an other. Still this can be made in another topic and would be interesting.

I prefer taking my time to focus on the parts that have no data concerning their weights.

The best way to help to do a significant list is to give me the part name and its weight, I will organize all datas . I don't wanna create a debate here, my only intention is to complete the lack of infos.

If you guys could just weight one tire, or one wheel or whatever it would help everybody

Thanks for your comprehension
Old 01-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

That's actually a good idea. It can't be that hard Pulse.

In google docs you can make a public excel sheet.
Just drop in: Item #, weight, original part weight, price, price/gram

If you fill in the formula once, it calculates automaticly all the other cells.

I don't know if you should set the write rights public. It's cool because everyone can work it, but if a jerk deletes it all...
Old 01-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

my scale was messed up.. the foam is 46g
Old 01-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

my scale was messed up.. the foam is 46g

hrmm according to my old chart, truggy foams were 40.2g and those would be the version w/o the softening rings cut out.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by jasonwipf
I'll jump in.

Battery: Turnegy Nano-techs have a lighterweight chemistry

no no no im sick of hearing person after person say turnigy nano-techs are lightweight why does everybody keep saying this? yes they are a great battery but in every case ive ever seen the better the battery the higher the weight! turnigy nano-techs are turnigy's "Heaviest" battery line.....but also there highest c rating and the best battery but NOT light by any means

turnigy nano tech 4s 5000 45c 585 grams
turnigy 4s 5000 35c 554 grams
turnigy 4s 5000 30c 537 grams
turnigy 4s 5000 20c 536 grams

hyperion 4s 5000 45c 572 grams
hyperion 4s 5000 35c 545 grams
hyperion 4s 5000 25c 498 grams
Old 01-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Integra
hrmm according to my old chart, truggy foams were 40.2g and those would be the version w/o the softening rings cut out.

yep the old ones... but it is a used one.. its been out of the tire for a few months.. so i dont think it would be holding any water...

i dont know how good this scale is..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.