Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR has banned a sct tire that's barely released

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 11:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Thank you, yet again "ROAR", with this ban you have given me yet ANOTHER reason NOT to attend a "ROAR" sanctioned event! Not like there are that many even...

Can anyone out there actually tell us who "ROAR" is and who gave them all the "power" that they perceive themselves to have? I myself have never been to a "ROAR" event but I have heard they don't actually DO anything but pick up their fees and move out. So what do they really "DO" besides make up stupid rules and why do we then really give a rats ass what they think?

Also, great idea about Proline and J Concepts banning "ROAR" events!

I also agree in the creation of a sanctioning body created with racers in mind that ISN'T retarded! That actually works WITH racers AND manufacturers! I know that sounds crazy!

If none of that sounds appetizing; I say screw it , run whatever ya want, and just hope "they" dont catch you and drive off with you in the back of a black cargo van!

PS: I'm gonna get a pair of ribs, just to try out!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Roar has a tight bottom hole and is really strict. Not many people run this series no more because the "rules" over power the "fun".
Old 12-31-2010, 12:37 AM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hm.... ROAR....

I remember before I quit racing, ROAR had banned Mamba motors. I figured it was because they had their hands in LRP and Novaks pockets when they drafted the rules.

Whatever lowlifes I thought they were, I am not sure banning ribbed front tires in SCT is a good move or not. They are trying to slow the trucks down, but I don't know where the line should be drawn.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Thats pretty funny from someone who isn't affected by ROAR rules. (In Australia)

Another point for my non-ROAR member statement....
Unfortunately other bodies tend to slavishly adopt ROAR rules.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

This thread was funny until it turned ridiculous.
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/..._Rule_Book.pdf
Old 12-31-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jedev
JC and Proline should make some blue ribbed tires.
Heck Yeah! Fight the Machine.

I'm stocking up on 3 pairs JC Ribs and Pactra Neon Blue paint before they go extinct.

I'm all for slowing the trucks down, but if I can get away with a tire noone else has.......
Old 12-31-2010, 07:40 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Heck Yeah! Fight the Machine.

I'm stocking up on 3 pairs JC Ribs and Pactra Neon Blue paint before they go extinct.

I'm all for slowing the trucks down, but if I can get away with a tire noone else has.......
Not much fighting a machine that has been doa for years. In all reality ROAR making these tires illegal won't change anything as local tracks won't give a crap as they most won't run a ROAR race if you paid them to.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

All it takes is one ROAR sanctioned event per year in a region to have an influence. Like it or not, most tracks follow ROAR. Therefore, so do you.

There's nobody saying you can't buy and use them, your track isn't ROAR, right? So why all the animosity?
Old 12-31-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Funny thing is this kinda stuff isn't an issue with the professional drivers, they pretty much just follow the rules, most of the pro's have completely ROAR legal cars and trucks.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It states in the rules that tracks are encouraged to select a standard tire that works well on their surface. IMO Club and non ROAR races should be any SCT tire, any ROAR or other large event IMO the track should choose a specific tire well in advance to allow everyone a chance to test with it. Why is this a big deal? I would love to see the tracks use a standard tire would save me money, might even encourage the tire companies to sponsor the track or race and offer deals to the local racers.

The few racers effected by this rule should be happy all that this means is a level playing field.

Last edited by bllski; 12-31-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCHR
Funny thing is this kinda stuff isn't an issue with the professional drivers, they pretty much just follow the rules, most of the pro's have completely ROAR legal cars and trucks.
RCHR, stop stating the obvious, & quit trying to put it all in perspective!

Sorry man just messing with ya! I agree with you 100%!!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
All it takes is one ROAR sanctioned event per year in a region to have an influence. Like it or not, most tracks follow ROAR. Therefore, so do you.

There's nobody saying you can't buy and use them, your track isn't ROAR, right? So why all the animosity?
Exactly, thats what I dont get...why do people really care about this so much? ROAR didnt say that Proline and JC cant sell them and that the racers cant use them a their local tracks! Figure it out people!!!!

Its only at sanctioned ROAR races that they are banned!!!! DUH! You guys act like ROAR is trying to tell you what you can and cant do in your regular lives...... get over it. Its not as big a deal as you guys are making it out to be
Old 12-31-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I remember when every track followed ROAR rules (80's and 90's). That way someone one from one track would be able to race at any track in the country and be sure he could get his car in his chosen class. Now it seems that every one has said "chunk the rules, WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANT TO DO." Lets face it. The manufacturers build their vehicles to pass ROAR, EFRA, & IMFAR rules. Without their input you would have 18" wide 1/8th scale buggies and other crazy things of that nature. As it has been said many times, ROAR banning these tires at their events will NOT affect you running at your local club track unless they religiously follow ROAR rules at the club race level.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default we are lucky

first off what kills racing to me is havin fast guys in spec classes anyplace that runs sct should run a spec or sportsman class(rules don't matter just stick to them,thats another thread) and a mod class for the fast guys.a new guy to the hobby might not stick around if he doesn't feel like he has a chance. we are complaining about another tire? why not complain about the price of these tires 25 bucks a pair are you kidding why are 1/10 scale buggy tires 12 bucks. I love having tuning options and tires are the best option in my pit box.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rib tires on a short course truck Now they can look just as stupid/out of scale as a 1/10th truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.