Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
OFNA Hyper 10sc Question >

OFNA Hyper 10sc Question

OFNA Hyper 10sc Question

Old 12-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default OFNA Hyper 10sc Question

Hey, I've been thinking about buying the 10SC 4x4. I have a few concerns..

My local Track is Outdoor Dirt. Will I run into problems with the spur/pinion gear? I currently drive a Slash 4x4. Just wondering. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post

My local Track is Outdoor Dirt. Will I run into problems with the spur/pinion gear? I currently drive a Slash 4x4. Just wondering. Thanks.
The Hyper runs, at least the older generation Hyper's do, a metal spur and pinion so no problems there. As for the Delrin spur in the Bump 2.0 edition I can't imagine any issues there either as I ran a Delrin setup in my Jammin for half a season on a large 1/8th scale track and had "0" issues. You should be just fine. Just make sure you set your gear mesh properly and all else should take care of itself.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post

where ru running in socal???
Old 12-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcjunky10 View Post
The Hyper runs, at least the older generation Hyper's do, a metal spur and pinion so no problems there. As for the Delrin spur in the Bump 2.0 edition I can't imagine any issues there either as I ran a Delrin setup in my Jammin for half a season on a large 1/8th scale track and had "0" issues. You should be just fine. Just make sure you set your gear mesh properly and all else should take care of itself.
My brother just about a Hyper 10SC, not the Nitrohouse Bump Edition, and it came with the blue derlin spur gear already. Though it says to replace it with the STRC derlin spur gear as they said the blue one will leak and everything.

The Bump 2.0 Edition comes with the STRC derlin spur gear as long with the blue one.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default just get it

if you do get the hyper 10 , you will ask yourself , why did i wast all this time with a slash 4x4. get it!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I have 2 of them and I race them hard. The only breakage I have had is axles.
If you maintain them well they are really great.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I just got mine after having a slash 4x4 all last summer. Mine currently has a metal spur on it but it has a spare plastic one. should i put the plastic one on.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I see no advantage to switching other than the Delrin gear is 3x as wide and meshes better with the pinion. The metal gear doesn't leak and gives the truck an evil sound. Also, less rotating mass has advantages and disadvantages. I have one with and one without.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Slash 4x4 racer here....

Not to hijack the thread, but others that came from the slash - what did you notice most about the hyper?
I race mine, and seem to do ok. I'm very new to racing - but my slash feels great, and I usually am toward the front of the pack.

Looking to get into one, but I have a LOT invested in my slash, as far as spares and such go. I might try to find one used...
Old 12-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Just picked this thing up, I was smart and didn't get the RTR version. Not sure on what goodies I'm going to add. Ill keep you all posted.
Here it is in stock out the box form. Out the box, way better than the slash 4x4 and i have yet to run it lol. I do own a slash 4x4. Night and day so far.

Pics taken with my iPhone 3g, no the best, but eh..

Old 12-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

You will love the truck.

I had a buddy that bought a Slash 4x4 quite a while ago and after having handling problems and even some parts breaking (when they first came out and they had a few problems with a couple parts, fixed now), he sold it and told himself 4wd SC was not worth it. Spent all his time in 2wd SC. Well I bought my Bump Edition 2.0 Hyper and he looked at it, liked how it was all put together and everything but was on the fence still. He then came with me when I drove it, BONE STOCK, and I let him take it for a few laps. A few laps turned into more and more laps every time he made a lap. lol. Couple days passed and he drove it again, again exact same thing. Two days later, he had a Bump Edition 2.0 Hyper on the way to his house! lol.

What are some things to be fast in the hyper? Easy.
1: buy it
2: build the shocks
3: go win

That is like literally all it takes to be fast right off the bat. Hell, if it makes ME look fast then you know it's a good truck!!! lol.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
I see no advantage to switching other than the Delrin gear is 3x as wide and meshes better with the pinion. The metal gear doesn't leak and gives the truck an evil sound. Also, less rotating mass has advantages and disadvantages. I have one with and one without.
The delrin spur that we supply for the Bump edition is also half the weight of the steel metal gear (metal = 18grams, our delrin = 9 grams) and what this translate to is a bit more rip/bottom end and also it slows down the truck quicker too when you slam on the breaks. I can hit breaks hard enough where the truck filp over forward

Steve
Old 12-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GoatsnBros View Post
Slash 4x4 racer here....

Not to hijack the thread, but others that came from the slash - what did you notice most about the hyper?
I race mine, and seem to do ok. I'm very new to racing - but my slash feels great, and I usually am toward the front of the pack.

Looking to get into one, but I have a LOT invested in my slash, as far as spares and such go. I might try to find one used...
Having driven a Slash 4x4 for some time (product testing...etc.) and I race the Hyper10SC on a weekly basis for the past year, I can say the Slash 4x4 is a good combination for someone that races occasionally and bash in their backyard as well. However, the biggest difference I noticed with the Slash is that due to its higher center of gravity, it tends to get unstable in the high-speed sweeper and have more of a tendency to roll over. It also suffer a bit in off-camber tight turns where again due to the higher CG, it wants to roll over as well.

Steve
Old 12-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default cars

hey im a beginner and i dont know if i should get the traxxas slash 4x4 or the evader ext2 rtr? reply please