R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Setting ride height for an SC10 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/465479-setting-ride-height-sc10.html)

DirtyCookieX 12-28-2010 11:21 AM

Setting ride height for an SC10

What is proper way to measure ride height for this truck? Do I measure distance from the ground to frame or ground to A-Arms?

jaggededge 12-28-2010 11:34 AM

I go for flat dog bones/a-arms and adjust springs and oil for the conditions.

DirtyCookieX 12-28-2010 11:38 AM

thank you for the tip!

I made some adjustments last night and my truck seems to dip in front off jumps more (without braking in the air). How can I adjust to have the truck flatter in the air?

SLO county race 12-28-2010 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by DirtyCookieX (Post 8401295)
thank you for the tip!

I made some adjustments last night and my truck seems to dip in front off jumps more (without braking in the air). How can I adjust to have the truck flatter in the air?

Do you ever use the throttle in the air?

DirtyCookieX 12-28-2010 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by SLO county race (Post 8401313)
Do you ever use the throttle in the air?

haha good point, im gonna try that next time :nod:

Zerodefect 12-28-2010 01:58 PM

I set my front arms a hair below level and my bones a a hair below level.

I'm not sure where AE measures for their team setup sheets. I made a block cut to exactly some of thier ride ht settings. Slid it under the chassis and it was 4x4 kinda height. Way too high.

DirtyCookieX 12-28-2010 02:26 PM

"I go for flat dog bones/a-arms and adjust springs and oil for the conditions"

Originally Posted by Zerodefect (Post 8401801)

I'm not sure where AE measures for their team setup sheets. I made a block cut to exactly some of thier ride ht settings. Slid it under the chassis and it was 4x4 kinda height. Way too high.

did you make the adjustments through the shock bodies or actual shock placement?

Zerodefect 12-28-2010 02:41 PM

Set ride ht. by moving the spring collars up or down, more or less spring preload.

Some cars don't have threaded shock bodies, they use spring preload clips/spacers.

Moving the shocks around changes geometry and that deos a whole lot of things. Side effects may include ride ht, but that's not the purpose of moving the shocks.

racer1812 12-28-2010 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Zerodefect (Post 8401801)

Rear is right under the tranny case, the part sticking through the hole in the rear plate. Front is right where the chassis starts to widen out, basically right where the 3 screws are for the top plate. This is straight from Chad Due.

DirtyCookieX 12-30-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 8403375)
Rear is right under the tranny case, the part sticking through the hole in the rear plate. Front is right where the chassis starts to widen out, basically right where the 3 screws are for the top plate. This is straight from Chad Due.

Good info, thank you!

For now Im going with ZeroDefect's recommdation and stock springs, hopefully this helps...