Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 owners... what's the best? >

Jammin SCRT10 owners... what's the best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin SCRT10 owners... what's the best?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Jammin SCRT10 owners... what's the best?

I'm venturing into this model for the upcoming season. I've got the 4x4 Slash, 2X4 Slash, Blitz and my latest 2X4 Slash with STRC's LCG conversion (which is awesome BTW). But I like to see how the others compare and this truck looks very well built despite the brushed setup. So, being that parts pretty much need to be ordered if I break something, I would like to know what upgrades you've done with your truck that you felt was the way to go. You know, you broke part "X" 3 times and finally decided to do something about it. What was it that you did to make it last. Secondly, I would like to know some of the racer tips that have been done as well. For example, I've read that the front shock towers got swapped out to a taller one to use a longer set of shocks, but I don't know what parts were used to complete this mod, and I don't know if its all that its cracked up to be.

So spill the beans, I will appreciate any and all input. maybe this can be the thread that others will go to as well. Thanks guys!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitrohobbiest
I'm venturing into this model for the upcoming season. I've got the 4x4 Slash, 2X4 Slash, Blitz and my latest 2X4 Slash with STRC's LCG conversion (which is awesome BTW). But I like to see how the others compare and this truck looks very well built despite the brushed setup. So, being that parts pretty much need to be ordered if I break something, I would like to know what upgrades you've done with your truck that you felt was the way to go. You know, you broke part "X" 3 times and finally decided to do something about it. What was it that you did to make it last. Secondly, I would like to know some of the racer tips that have been done as well. For example, I've read that the front shock towers got swapped out to a taller one to use a longer set of shocks, but I don't know what parts were used to complete this mod, and I don't know if its all that its cracked up to be.

So spill the beans, I will appreciate any and all input. maybe this can be the thread that others will go to as well. Thanks guys!!!
The truck is great on 1/10 size tracks. Both front and rear body mounts will snap easily if you flip it on it's lid. I have used the SNR carbon fiber towers with integrated body mounts and even snapped a couple of sets of those. I also tried the STRC towers and the elite rc, both of which are aluminum and both of which have bent also. Like others have said there is only one fix, just don't flip the truck over. Easier said than done though. If you plan on running it on 1/8 tracks, just save your money and wait for the Losi to come out. These trucks and the flight characteristics with modified motors are too touch for big air stuff. The 4.5 motor that everyone seems to run has a large amount of drag brake that causes the truck to nose dive off most jumps if you do not stay in the throttle. Another thing you might want to consider is if you plan on racing. I travel to a couple of different tracks and getting enough guys with 4wd vehicles at the track on the same day and place is tough. The class has not taken off like I had expected. Seems to have larger turn outs on the west coast. Most of the decent videos of Chad Bradley wheeling this truck and making it look awesome are on tracks geared to 1/10 design.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitrohobbiest

There is a TON of resources available on the Jammin SCRT-10 thread!
I must be lucky! I'm still on my stock body mounts and I've rolled the hell outta my truck! But I have only ran it inside on a 1/10 scale track and 12 or so laps on an 1/8th scale track outside! Its been more than tough for me so far! I have a few hop-ups but in reality its great out of the box!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...in-scrt10.html
Old 12-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the link... I did see that one and then saw 500+ pages and was like, seriously? There's no way I have the patience to weed out the 4 pages of useful info and the 490+ of useless back and forth blah. I apologize. I value the search feature but that link will surely bring on the gray hair!

I do plan to run it at a local track that I have a part in maintaining. It will be going through a remodel in the late winter/early spring which will open it up to partial 1/8th scale size but is intended for mostly 1/10th scale running. As the track is now, the 1/10th scale bl trucks clear the largest doubles and the brushed barely do in 2 wheel drive. The 4X4 classes dominate however its technical enough where the 2X4 class runs very close in numbers.
I do have the truck in my possession and its an interesting design. The weight of it makes me a bit surprised to see a brushed motor powering it, especially with 4x4. I'll give it a few runs but then its onto BL. I have some options already but unsure if the combination is usable. I have a Mamba Max ESC and a Mamba Monster ESC to power the combo and then I have a 1512 1/8th scale Castle motor to put in it. I also have a couple Veleneon Traxxas motors I could run as well. But I was also figuring I would just buy one good motor and dedicate it for the Jammin. I don't want crazy speed as this track isn't set up for that so I'm looking for reliable temps and power. I was thinking a 4000 range Kv motor but what do you all suggest that is not sensored?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I also saw that daunting thread... have read a lot of it... some great info here... but what Nitrohobbiest isnt saying is hes worrying about beating me... both of us went to the SCRT this year in hopes of kicking the daylights out of the low laptime holder which is using a slash 4x4... what IS good about the track as it is (before the coming changes) is that fast laps are in the high 17s and even the class I plaqued out in (2-wheel drive stadium brushed) is at a mid 19... so the track is competitive no matter what class you run...

So... on to the thread... I am noticing a heck of a lot of pros and not many cons in this new truck over the slash (I have both as well) and feel even the maintainence is going to be a LOT less with the much less concealed drivetrain...
Old 01-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

I guess we are both excited to get these trucks running for the real deal. I did finish the mods I decided to go with which are mostly STRC upgrades. Everything fit quite nicely and looks sharp although at quick glance you wouldn't know there were any upgrades because of that smokey gun metal finish that seems to melt into the black plastic background. But it did seem to remove some of the slop in the front end so I'm happy with that.

I also went with a new motor and ESC combo right away. I made my choice based on what was compatible with my Mamba Max ESC. I chose a Tekin Redline 538 which is the sensorless 3800kv motor. Being that I haven't even powered up the radio yet, I stuck with the stock pinion for now and I'll see how she goes when the weather permits a good day of running. I'm still contemplating a set of 1/8th scale dishes but it will mean carving my virgin Jammin shell to make room for the much taller tires. Orgnoi1 and I have discovered that the AKA 4X4 Slash adapters fit nicely although we haven't nailed down if the spacing is correct but honestly I am not that concerned. We have no Corr specific rules at the track here so all is fair game. I still think it would be within the limits anyhow.

At this point I am waiting to see how much difference the taller front shock tower is going to make on Orgnoi1's truck versus my STRC stock sized one. I may have regretted my choice of staying stock but we'll see. I am resourceful so I might be able to get something in there to increase the travel without respending on replacements. All in the fun I guess...
Old 01-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

The truck is a killer..

App 15 packs hardcore racing on carpet with supergrip...

Steering posts = 1 broken..

Still stock mounts, and i do not think i ever have to change them .

I use Ballistic 550 4.5 geared 13T..and do not feel any "nose" dive in this, but otherhand i have moved my batteryholed max rear, and pack max rear (need to dremel in the batt-box) and some foam in the front of pack.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I have run the crap out of my Jammin and have never broke a body mount. The only part I have broke so far was a upper control arm. The only must upgrade I would do right away is the strc hyper steering mod. No offense to some of you that are having breaking issues but if you are having that many problems it isn't going to matter what 4x4 sc you drive. They will all break at some point with enough abuse. The Jammin in my opinion is one of the most durable and best performing 4x4 sc's out right now.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I don't break a whole lot but I do go through bearings like mad. Especially the rear carrier bearings. You might as well order a few sets from acer. I also break axles from time to time.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I broke mass front, upper and lower a-arms. Somewhere around 15 in the year I've had the Jammin. Over all it's been a great truck, I did the Losi BB shock mod and a few other things, it's fast but I felt it's to fragile for my crappy driving. I bought a Losi Ten T and converted it to a SC for durability, it's pretty sick.

My Jammin on track

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Losi Ten X SC4 on track

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

those are some awesome track vids. Tracks look fun to run on.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
I have run the crap out of my Jammin and have never broke a body mount. The only part I have broke so far was a upper control arm. The only must upgrade I would do right away is the strc hyper steering mod. No offense to some of you that are having breaking issues but if you are having that many problems it isn't going to matter what 4x4 sc you drive. They will all break at some point with enough abuse. The Jammin in my opinion is one of the most durable and best performing 4x4 sc's out right now.
"my name is Joe and I'm an RC addict." Glad to see you finally admitted this.
Our 12 step program is Friday at 7:00pm in Mishawaka. Bring the 2wd.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:52 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

+1 VERY NICE VIDEO.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I agree... pretty awesome video...
Old 01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion
+1 VERY NICE VIDEO.
Thanks guys!

I should mention both trucks are running SNR shock towers and body mounts, the best Jammin/Losi Ten upgrades period!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.