"THAT" guy at the track

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"THAT" guy at the track

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

I am "that guy" who has been the retread in the sport, did this when I was a teenager and now again today in my late 30's

I am "that guy" who shows up on a practice day and drives great but now "this guy" took a break from rc (few months)to ride my dirtbike and cant drive worth a crap and blame it on my car,LOL! "It's not me guy"LOL!

I am "that guy" who is going to race my first rc race since 1994 tonight!

Hopefully I can be "that guy" who finishes well and enjoys his evening with his 12yr old son who is "that kid" who needs a little spark under him to get him off his home computer and out having fun with all the other kids,big and small.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bambambennett
I am "that guy" who has been the retread in the sport, did this when I was a teenager and now again today in my late 30's

I am "that guy" who shows up on a practice day and drives great but now "this guy" took a break from rc (few months)to ride my dirtbike and cant drive worth a crap and blame it on my car,LOL! "It's not me guy"LOL!

I am "that guy" who is going to race my first rc race since 1994 tonight!

Hopefully I can be "that guy" who finishes well and enjoys his evening with his 12yr old son who is "that kid" who needs a little spark under him to get him off his home computer and out having fun with all the other kids,big and small.
I'm "that guy" also I haven't raced since 94. it was my first return to racing this summer. I used to race buggies and stadium trucks back in 94 (the good old gold pan days), now I race SCT's. My son is six and does not quite have the dexterity to control a truck but he likes to go to the track and watch me drive next year I will set up a truck for him with a 17T motor to start him out.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

I am now "That Guy" who won the novice class tonight while my son got 3rd. Great fun for "These Guys"! ........ And he is hooked on racing now.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Initiate

That Guy whos spares are all worn out but wouldn't take less than the cost of a new one knowing you need it, but anything you have and
he needs is worthless and wants you to give it to him.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

How about that guy who thinks just because he is fast and has sone or two limited sponsers that you should paint for him for free!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm 24 and just getting back into rc, but I can remember "that guy" at the old parking lot races when I was about 12. He looked rough, talked rough, and chain smoked cigs all day long. Neck tattoos, rat tail, Budweiser snap back and all. Looks usually are deceiving, and in his grumpy-bear fashion he was usually found lending a helping hand and was a friggin wizz. Right after he patched some frantic kid's car together (like myself) he would smoke everyone in his Serpent, or Tamiya open wheel thing-a-ma-jig..