R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-28-2004, 07:37 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Bmx360Biker
Default Which Engine and Radio for MBX-R2

I am still new to all this, I have decided to get a MBX-R2. I need to decide on a radio and engine for it. I would like some recommendations because I have no idea about the engine part. I have heard good things about futuba and a few other companies but I just wanted some input from you guys to help me make the best decision. I am kind of on a small budget since the car wasn't cheap to begin with :P So try and keep these 2 important parts realistic for a beginner.
Bmx360Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:37 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Engine-wise..I'd go for the O.S. RG. It's cheap, easy to tune, and makes good enough power to keep you happy.

As far as radio systems..you get what you pay for. Being cheap here could lead to problems that could destroy your whole investment. If you can spring the dough, pick up an Airtronics MX-3. If not..any FM radio will do.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:27 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Bmx360Biker

I guess my question should have been a bit more specific. I was looking at engines and there are like .15 .21 all these differnt numbers :P I have no clue what will fit and what is best for this buggy. As far as radio, don't you think as long as I get one of the big names I'll be pretty safe with a product of theirs? Even if it is on their low end.
Bmx360Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
Tech Elite

You will need a .21 for your buggy...basically anything will work. There are some larger engines (.247, .26, etc.) that will work.

You really should get an FM radio for your nitro car, although basically anything from the big brands should be fine. The MX-3 is probably one of the best for your applications, as well as the JR XR3.