Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Elite RC Ten-X conversion kit for the Losi Ten-T & 810 > Elite RC Ten-X conversion kit for the Losi Ten-T & 810

Elite RC Ten-X conversion kit for the Losi Ten-T & 810

Old 12-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Elite RC Ten-X conversion kit for the Losi Ten-T & 810

Looks to be a pretty sweet setup.

Kit will let you convert your Ten-T/810 to either a SC truck or 1/8 buggy.

Kit will include:

# Extended lightened chassis machined from 7075 T6 aluminum
# Elite Slide/lock Motor mount with original built in bearing design machined from 7075 T7 aluminum
# Aluminum battery tray, acts as a heatsink for lipo packs, machined and lightened from 6061 aluminum
# Rear extended drive cup machined from 7075 T6 aluminum
# Center diff top plate with Elite insignia, machined from 6061 aluminum
# Nerf bar mounts for use with Traxxas Slash 4x4 nerf bars(sold separately)

This what your 810 will loook like with the Elite Ten-X kit.. (Tekno mud guards & Traxxas pushrod 5318X required Sold Separately)

Old 12-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

that kit is awesome. Looks like a nice clean install.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where is this kit sold?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.elitercd.com/index.php?op...id=75&Itemid=2
Old 02-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

elitercd.com

This is sweet. ThunderbirdJunkie wants to build him a Ten-T based 1/8 buggy.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have the kit, it is really nice. I do not have a 810 yet to try it out. Waiting on Payday!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

$200 seems steep considering I can get the Losi motor mount for $35, battery tray for $11, and servo/Rx mount for $11(using stock chassis, an 810 roller on ebay is $200 brand new). I know it comes with a chassis, but I can wait for the 4WD SCT to come out and use that to get the wheelbase right. It looks like I could do the conversion for about $135, since the SCT chassis is $65, rear drive shaft is $12.99, (I like having a single drive shaft rather than an extension.)

I'm not knocking the Elite kit, just looking for a more efficient option. Its looking like waiting a few months for the 4WD SCT to come out will make it cheaper, and I can use standard Losi equipment for parts support.(jeez Losi, are you listening, you could build a game changer for the brushless 8th scale market with parts you already have!)

I want to build a brushless 8th scale that weighs at or near what a nitro weighs. I'm looking at the new Castle 4WD SCT system for power, since it will handle 4S. It should run nice and cool at 2400 Kv. A 3300 4S pack is pretty light, and should offer plenty of run time.

Here's the castle system I want to use:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Package-2400kV
Old 02-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
$200 seems steep considering I can get the Losi motor mount for $35, battery tray for $11, and servo/Rx mount for $11(using stock chassis, an 810 roller on ebay is $200 brand new). I know it comes with a chassis, but I can wait for the 4WD SCT to come out and use that to get the wheelbase right. It looks like I could do the conversion for about $135, since the SCT chassis is $65, rear drive shaft is $12.99, (I like having a single drive shaft rather than an extension.)

I'm not knocking the Elite kit, just looking for a more efficient option. Its looking like waiting a few months for the 4WD SCT to come out will make it cheaper, and I can use standard Losi equipment for parts support.(jeez Losi, are you listening, you could build a game changer for the brushless 8th scale market with parts you already have!)

I want to build a brushless 8th scale that weighs at or near what a nitro weighs. I'm looking at the new Castle 4WD SCT system for power, since it will handle 4S. It should run nice and cool at 2400 Kv. A 3300 4S pack is pretty light, and should offer plenty of run time.

Here's the castle system I want to use:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Package-2400kV

The losi parts won't be anywhere near as nice as the Elite stuff. The Elite Mount is bar none the best in the business. I've had them all. Not saying the Losi mount won't work, but the quality differences will be patently obvious.

The 810e will be substantially less than a nitro. Mine is a porker and it weighs 2800 (6.25lbs) grams. My buddy got his below 6lbs. You would be able to run 20-30 minute mains easily with the 810 with reasonable small packs.

You can build a regular 1/8 that weighs less than a nitro and just over the legal limit. My Xray 808 with a 6s 2650 pack is like 3250 grams RTR and that is without any special light weight parts.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

These were also out quite a bit before they announced the TEN-SCTE.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

The problem is, if I show up to a race with an 810 converted, and it weighs about 6 lbs, people are gonna cry about a huge advantage, and they'd be right.

What I want, is something that weighs pretty much the same as a nitro. Not a half lb heavier, not over a lb lighter. I know it can be done, I'm just hoping ONE of the RC Racing companies will come up with something before I'm old and gray.

Brushless 8th scale has been around for years now, regularly raced, electronics proven. So why the heck are we having to convert, rebuild, and engineer these things? Several new 4WD SCTs have come about, pretty much all can run 10th scale electronics. So why can't they just slap an 8th scale body on, and let us sort out the setup? That's practically what they did with the 810, they just ruined the idea with a freakin nitro engine and too short of a wheel base!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
The problem is, if I show up to a race with an 810 converted, and it weighs about 6 lbs, people are gonna cry about a huge advantage, and they'd be right.

What I want, is something that weighs pretty much the same as a nitro. Not a half lb heavier, not over a lb lighter. I know it can be done, I'm just hoping ONE of the RC Racing companies will come up with something before I'm old and gray.

Brushless 8th scale has been around for years now, regularly raced, electronics proven. So why the heck are we having to convert, rebuild, and engineer these things? Several new 4WD SCTs have come about, pretty much all can run 10th scale electronics. So why can't they just slap an 8th scale body on, and let us sort out the setup? That's practically what they did with the 810, they just ruined the idea with a freakin nitro engine and too short of a wheel base!

I hear you. I really think electric 8th scale will evolve towards lighter cars similar to the 810 sooner than later. It is what is needed to get the most run time. While lipo batteries have made leaps and bounds, the extra 1.5-2lbs that a 1/8 lugs around versus my 810 makes a HUGE difference in run time. Also, it seems electric 1/8 is popular at indoor tracks more than anything and we simply do not need 8lb missiles indoors. My 810e can more than hold its own against regulation sized/powered 1/8s. I also have a car now that can easily run a 20 minute, maybe even 30 minute main without weighing 8.5lbs and not needing a battery swap. I think my 810e is going to be my car for the summer unless something dramatically changes.

I think the problem is ROAR is preventing the class from evolving where the technology takes it. Whether there are a lot of ROAR races or not, the reality is ROAR influences manufacturers and rules at many tracks. As a result, when they make a ruling, no matter how stupid and pig headed, it has a negative impact on the class. Mfgs don't want to make stuff that is out of spec out of risk of not having a car that can compete at major races, even if the car is embraced by club racers.

If anyone tries to bitch and moan about my 810e, I will just point out that my car is a RTR kit and they essentially got whupped by a budget racer.

My buddy is building a new 808 I believe using the Castle 1415 for 3s. This should put the weight just under the legal limit. The battery box is where a lot of the extra weight comes from. As I said, you can build a nitro weight electric, you just won't be able to run much longer than 10 minute mains and you need to pick a smaller battery along with the right chassis. The 808 is the lightest 1/8. I think a mugen is pretty light. the ve8 is a porker.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Well, a while back a guy started running a Nexx 8 in our growing BL 8th scale buggy class. With the Castle 2650 on 4S its a MONSTER. There's a good sized triple in the last layout at the old track. Most of the 8th scales could make it, but it took some focus and effort to pull it off. This guy, with not much skill/experience was not only clearing the section entirely, but practically flying off the track!

I knew then, that the lighter weight BL 8th scales were evolving. My tired old 8ight E felt real porky. Since I've been running a Hyper 10 SC on the same track, it really exaggerated that sensation every time I drove it.

I may build my own Nexx 8; dang things are cheap($250, with a coupon that's closer to $200). I don't like the saddle pack style battery configuration, nor the limited motor space... but I can't argue with its performance.

If I can build another name brand car that does the same thing, I'll be a happy camper. I just had high hopes SOMEBODY would realize the potential of something like the 810, but without going too far(I mean keeping it around 7lbs RTR). As it stands, it should be pretty easy. They already have the freakin parts. Hell, imagine if somebody did the same thing with that belt driven contraption AE came up with. It already has the right foot print. I sure hope the growing popularity of 4WD Short Course helps feed the fire needed to make it happen... same foot print... just sayin...
Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The Elite mount is second to none. The chassis also moves the center diff back 10mm and is slightly shorter than the Losi SCT chassis.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is my Losi Ten SC (Elite Chassis).

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I thought the ERC chassis made the car longer than a standard 1/8 buggy. The 810 really doesn't need to be longer than the stock chassis from what Ive seen with it so far. Handles good just how it is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service