Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Agama A8 "e" Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by simplechamp
Looking good! Always thought the Agama was a nice buggy.

I would definitely look into a better mounting setup for the ESC though.
I need to try it out to test the durability of this set up, but the lexan piece is very good attached, even screwed to the rear chassis brace. The only matter that worry me is the esc fan working vertical. Maybe I´ll look for another lay out before testing.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Initiate

The bad weather is delaying my test at the track, so I tryed it out at my club on-road track. Not much to say but the FDR was way too short with the 15t pinion.
Then I decided to make some changes before the real test in the dirt. The main thing I wanted to do is placing the ESC in its normal possition. I was worried how could last the ESC fan working vertical in big jumps and bumps.
I had to move the battery holder as forward as possible to make room for the ESC behind. The main problem is a nut which attachs the carbon plate to the main chassis, placed just where the esc must be installed, so the mount gotta clear the nut. The hobbywing esc has an aluminium mount which could be removed if needed. I used a couple of long screws 4 nuts and fuel tube to make the mount a lil flexible.

The ESC is attached with servo tape.

This is the new lay out, closer to other traditional conversions and I think more relailable at the track.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Looks good.

Agama Racing will be releasing the Agama A8e this summer. But conversion kits are the way to go until then. I'm building mine now.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Almost a month since the finishing I´ve been able to test it a lil bit. I´ve been riding a couple of batts in a bashing spot very close to my house. I cant wait to test it in a real track, we have the regionals in two weeks.
The first impression is so good, with the nanotech 4000 4s battery pack the total weight is very close to the nitro ride. The run time is around 12 minutes in a track such as fast as the one where I tested, with a performance which match the fastest nitros. The temps after a full pack are very low (is mildy cold here) 55ºc the motor and 35ºc the ESC.
I´ll keep you updated.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by VPProUSA
Looks good.

Agama Racing will be releasing the Agama A8e this summer. But conversion kits are the way to go until then. I'm building mine now.
Hey, just waiting for new brushless and motor mount and then I to will have some fun. What spur and pinion are you running? Are you using the same diff oil as in nitro?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey man!

With the 2000kv I´m using 45/17, which seems to be fast enough and quite mild temps.
Right now still using the same oils, but gotta try different choices.

This weekend I´ll attend my first race with the car. Will try the current setup in the saturday practice...
Old 02-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hey, how did the weekends racing go?

Originally Posted by mccrash59
Hey man!

With the 2000kv I´m using 45/17, which seems to be fast enough and quite mild temps.
Right now still using the same oils, but gotta try different choices.

This weekend I´ll attend my first race with the car. Will try the current setup in the saturday practice...
Old 02-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Not bad thanks! I´ve been some months without races and I didn´t feel 100% at all.
The car performed quite good, maybe I need a lil bit more of steering with the track changes on sunday racing.
Aweful qualies and finish 7th.
First final rode 3th some laps but a couple mistakes sent me back 5th. 2nd final the same, but finished 4th.
And the last one was weird. The two previus leaders got troubles and me either. So doing the maths at the end sent me back to a final 7th overall.

The video has crap quality, but mainly I´m the one with the fluo red body and white wing.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by mccrash59; 02-07-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Looks like a sweet conversion. I am in LOVE with that body shape too!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Pablo,

Lol, that is a crap video. I couldn't see anything... Thanks for trying though.

Glad you had a reasonable day. The buggy held up okay? I'm use to nitro and there can somtimes be a lot of maintenance between qualifiers. With brushless is it merely a clean with the compressor and change batteries?

The body looks great. Are the three holes enough to keep things cool for the motor and esc?

Nice racing, I wish international deliveries didn't take this long

Keep going agama nation
Old 02-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

awesoem job on the conversion.
What motor mount is that.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

the car looks like a hybrid Xray OFNA Hyper 9 car.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Peff
Hey Pablo,

Lol, that is a crap video. I couldn't see anything... Thanks for trying though.

Glad you had a reasonable day. The buggy held up okay? I'm use to nitro and there can somtimes be a lot of maintenance between qualifiers. With brushless is it merely a clean with the compressor and change batteries?

The body looks great. Are the three holes enough to keep things cool for the motor and esc?

Nice racing, I wish international deliveries didn't take this long

Keep going agama nation
Hey Mark! LOL I fixed it, now you´re able to see the race, not just blurry coloured shadows...
The lack of maintenace is a great plus. We were in a hurry and I haven´t time enought even to change the shocks oil. All I did the whole morning was racing and brushing up the car (no air compressor at the track).
The air vents are enought now in the winter season, but for sure won´t be in a couple of months.

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
awesoem job on the conversion.
What motor mount is that.
The motor mount is from an LRP buggy, you can check the page 1 to see how I did it.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Lol I can actually make out something besides a shadow... Thanks Pablo, track seems cool, but should be punishing on cars. If the conversion can stand up to that its pretty solid.

That bump section seems trick (double then triple). It seems to trip up a few cars. Nice job...
Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Peff
Lol I can actually make out something besides a shadow... Thanks Pablo, track seems cool, but should be punishing on cars. If the conversion can stand up to that its pretty solid.

That bump section seems trick (double then triple). It seems to trip up a few cars. Nice job...
Yeah! The battery tray was a bit damaged due to some crazy drops, but this car is tought man.
In saturday practice I was able to clear the 5 bumps in a row lap after lap, but in the morning the cold drop down the batts voltage and I wasn´t confortable in the whole race there. I was losing almost a second in that section. Anyway I´m happy because I felt consistent with a diff of about a second from the best to the worst lap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.