Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T4 handling issues...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

I am using a dx3s, and have the exp turned down to 75%...

Well I took the diff apart, and to really no surprise, the ring going around the outdrive, is busted to pieces, as in, in different pieces. and one of the diff balls(just one) is flattened on one side. I suppose I am just gonna get a new diff, to eliminate any issues there are, or will be with this one.

Last edited by dirt_oval; 12-11-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by dirt_oval
I am using a dx3s, and have the exp turned down to 50%...

Well I took the diff apart, and to really no surprise, the ring going around the outdrive, is busted to pieces, as in, in different pieces. and one of the diff balls(just one) is flattened on one side. I suppose I am just gonna get a new diff, to eliminate any issues there are, or will be with this one.
no need to buy a whole diff, everything u listed comes in a diff rebuild kit...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...al-Rebuild-Kit

just add your favorite diff balls

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Diff-Balls-12

i use bfast stuff in both my cars, and really have liked how my diffs have felt.

http://www.bfastrc.com/associated.html
Old 12-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Sweet! I guess I will have it in my cart for when I order a few things after Christmas!

after I see how the diff rebuild does, I will end up getting all the bfast parts. How big of a difference is there between stock and the bfast parts?

Thanks for the links also!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirt_oval
I am using a dx3s, and have the exp turned down to 50%...

Ha! That's not good for sure. Glad you took it apart to check though. I bet all the diff balls have flat spots. All the thrust balls too. You would be doing yourself a favor to just replace everything in there.

btw, you may know but just in case, on Spektrum radios expo is the opposite of what it is on other radios. So neg expo is actually a more responsive beginning to the trigger pull. You want to add Positive on a spektrum to make it easier to drive.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mjk1210
Ha! That's not good for sure. Glad you took it apart to check though. I bet all the diff balls have flat spots. All the thrust balls too. You would be doing yourself a favor to just replace everything in there.

btw, you may know but just in case, on Spektrum radios expo is the opposite of what it is on other radios. So neg expo is actually a more responsive beginning to the trigger pull. You want to add Positive on a spektrum to make it easier to drive.

Yeah, not good at all! I will be replacing it all, then it may be ALOT easier to drive.

And I was told about that at the track when I first went up to the track with it... It was a life changer,, Well not that dramatic, but you get the point
Old 12-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes, once you start, theres no going back, we have been waiting for you neo. That diff must be 80 years old!!! I have cars almost 20 years old and have never seen diff rings in peices.....
Old 12-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by brickshouse
Yes, once you start, theres no going back, we have been waiting for you neo. That diff must be 80 years old!!! I have cars almost 20 years old and have never seen diff rings in peices.....

Oh i know! its crazy. picture the washer, now picture the whole outside edge, about a mm or two from the top, being serrated off, and then broken into pieces...mental picture yet?

LUCKILY, when I was digging through my old stash of parts, I stumbed upon A diff rebuild kit, which saves me money so now all I have to get is some carbide diff balls!