Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
1/8th Truggy or Buggy? >

1/8th Truggy or Buggy?

1/8th Truggy or Buggy?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 1/8th Truggy or Buggy?

Of the two which would you choose and why? Give example for bashing and for racing....
Old 12-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For bashing the truggy for sure. my main basher is a Losi 8T 1.0 that I converted to electric and its a beast. Ive done completely stupid things with it and its always asked for more.

Now for racing, I really think the truggies are too easy. I mean driving a truggy fast espeically on a big track is as easy as your going to get in this hobby. Its almost too easy if you have came from a more squirly class like 1/10 buggy or 2wd shortcourse. With 4wd and the rediculous track width of the truggies, you will be faster than you ever knew.... because its so easy! haha

The buggies are fun. Real fun. They are definitely not as easy to drive as a truggy at all. They also dont have much ground clearance so they dont make the best bashers. Although they are tough... my Eight 1.0 buggy has again taken a beating and kept asking for more.

If you are not primarily going to be racing and want something that does both race and bash, I say truggy.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I'd choose the buggy. It's plenty large enough to tackle and backyard and can head out to a racetrack, where it's more common to have this class racing, to include setup advice, etc.