Wiki Posts
Search

WS-7II or P5

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default WS-7II or P5

Any comments from experience on the two. The cost is about the same around $295.00 .Needing to get another motor and just looking for ideas. Thanks
Old 07-24-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have both. i even have a ws7 and a c5. my favorite is the p5 (i even found an original purple p5 nib that i'm saving for when my top p5 dies). p5 w/ an os t-2050 pipe is an excellent combo, strong bottom end and just enough top end. my ws72 was faster @ the top, but didn't have the same bottom end grunt as the p5. my ws7 though, had more bottom than the ws72, but lacked a little in the top. the p5 has a little of both.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i had a P5 in my old car and it was great on bottom end but lacked top end

in my new car i have a s7 2 it is the same as the old ws7 and it has great no incredible top-end and the bottom end is good also

bottom end power is good for tighter more technical tracks i like the top-end better though because if i want more bottom i can mess with the clutch and its just crazy on the straight but more controllable in the infield

also if traction is low i will be better off with the s7 because the P5 even with the softest clutch i could find was too much

also my s7 2 was cheaper than the P5 i got it for $230 vs $280 i spent on the P5

so i spent the extra money on an odonnell head

either engine is great but i like my s7 better alot better

and my tires dont wear as fast anymore as an added bonus