Default monster truck

which would be better

http://cgi.ebay.com/Volcano-EPX-PRO-...item1e601dc533

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-8-Brushless-4w...item3caf926eaf
Old 12-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Depends on what you're using them for. I would go for the 1/8 scale personally. I think it would be more durable than the 1/10 truck.

Most people on this website don't drive these trucks though. Most guys will tell you to get a brand name truck (HPI Savage Flux, Traxxas Emaxx, etc)

Either way, sooner or later you will break some parts. If you buy either one of these you may have troubles finding replacement parts. If you do find parts it will take a lot longer for your parts to arrive, as opposed to a brand name where you can get parts at most hobby shops alot sooner
Old 12-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'd be worried about parts supply for either of those, that's usually the downfall of something like this, parts are not readily available. Go to your lhs and see what they stock. RC needs good parts support, without parts support, it's a matter of time before its sitting broken somewhere and forgotten.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Volcano is garbage, trust me my brother had one. I have no idea about the other one but it doesn't look any better. your better off spending a little more on a traxxas or something.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

i dont have the 700 to spend on a e-revo or 500 for the e-maxx, so those are pretty much my choices...
Old 12-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Try to buy used it will be alot cheaper! Just make sure your not getting screwed.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

check out the MONSTER TRUCK forum, they might be able to help you better, just letting you know you will be disappointed with those cheap china brands.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

DON'T BUY THESE You'll regreat it a week or two into running it after you smash a tree, cartire and you have a busted bulkhead or a arm and theres no replacement parts available. The 1/8 is prob. a little more durable than the 1/10, but atleast Redcat makes replacement parts that are available through a few online retailers and there site. The other one....Prob. nothing available. I would follow the instructions others replied with. Get a Traxxas, HPI, Associated, Losi, even Duratrax would be a better option than these IMO. If your willing to shell out $250 then get a Stampede, Slash, T4, or go $300 and get a mini Revo, VXL Stampede or the many others available. Go to your local hobby shop and let them possably direct you. Traxxas is a great starting point. Mass amounts of aftermarket parts and there available at most hobbyshops. There durable as H*** and come with basicly everything you'll need to run other than AA batteries for the transmitter. For $250 you could pic up a decent, clean RC here.
But listin to the masses Stay away from Exceed, Redcat and any other "chinese" kits RCs break a good bit and replacement parts and fixing your kits are part of the hobby.