Wiki Posts
Search

Loosing Signal/Then Resumes

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default Loosing Signal/Then Resumes

Here is my problem. I have a RC8T with a Tekno kit. Using Hyperion 5000mah 45C 2sx2s lipos, hitech 7955tg servo, and sr 3000 rx/dx 3.0 tx. The first issue was the truck would glitch out every so often but remain under control. So I replaced the rx from a sr300 to a sr3000. Now it will completely loose siganl but the truck will remain with power. About 10-15 seconds later, the siganl comes back. I put the sr300 rx into my slash using a dx3e and it had no glitching at all. So i changed the channel on my dx 3.0 from #2 to #4 and everytihng seemed to work until the siganl loses. Also I am using a MMM/1800 setup.
Can it be possible that the esc is the problem. If so I still have a warranty on it. I don't know what else to try now. Can anyone give me some ideas to try out. I also have 2 other trucks on the dx 3.0 and there are no problems at all. That leads me to believe that it is not the tx or rx. I didn't change the servo out yet but it's a fairly new 7955tg. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Terry
Old 12-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

I went thru the same thing, except I had the 2200 MMM. Mine got to the point that it wouldn't even power up long enough to move. I disconnected the servo and it would work fine, so I thought replace servo. Still did the same. Swapped reciever, did the samething. Went to the hobby store and warrantied ESC, did the samething.
At a loss of what to do I went to the internet and I read that Castle MMM systems and Spektrum's aren't to compatible. THe ESC doesn't put out a consistant voltage and the reciever shutsdown and reboots. If you were to watch the green light on the reciever it will flicker or go out completly and then comes back on.
I then borrowed a BEC from a friend and it work flawless. I then installed a capacitor from Spektrum in one of the open ports in the reciever and removed the BEC system. Never had a problem with that at all. Cost about $8.00 to fix a internal problem with Castles. The capacitor stabillized the power going to the reciever. So that's my weeks worth of frustration wrapped up in a couple of sentences. Hope this helps.
Dan J.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Now that I think of it I have read this somewhere else to. I think I will give it a shot. The reboot part is exactly what it seems like it's doing. So a cap in the aux port should fix this. Thanks a bunch for the info. Ordering one right now.
Terry

Originally Posted by Horsebit
I went thru the same thing, except I had the 2200 MMM. Mine got to the point that it wouldn't even power up long enough to move. I disconnected the servo and it would work fine, so I thought replace servo. Still did the same. Swapped reciever, did the samething. Went to the hobby store and warrantied ESC, did the samething.
At a loss of what to do I went to the internet and I read that Castle MMM systems and Spektrum's aren't to compatible. THe ESC doesn't put out a consistant voltage and the reciever shutsdown and reboots. If you were to watch the green light on the reciever it will flicker or go out completly and then comes back on.
I then borrowed a BEC from a friend and it work flawless. I then installed a capacitor from Spektrum in one of the open ports in the reciever and removed the BEC system. Never had a problem with that at all. Cost about $8.00 to fix a internal problem with Castles. The capacitor stabillized the power going to the reciever. So that's my weeks worth of frustration wrapped up in a couple of sentences. Hope this helps.
Dan J.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had the same problem with ALL 3 of my Spektrums, DX3, and 2 DX2's when running my Monster GT, and Turmoil.

I will not use them again. Smashed one, got rid of other and the dx3 I used for parts.