FT B4 to FT B4.1

Old 12-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default FT B4 to FT B4.1

Am I really going to notice a big difference between the B4 and the 4.1? I've got the B4 FT kit that came with the softer non carbon chassis. I plan on racing in the stock class for now and hopefully move up to mod at some point, but after being away for so long and racing on-road I haven't been convinced that the 4.1 is that much better. Any input is appreciated.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:05 AM
piper48

Originally Posted by arn671 View Post
Am I really going to notice a big difference between the B4 and the 4.1? I've got the B4 FT kit that came with the softer non carbon chassis. I plan on racing in the stock class for now and hopefully move up to mod at some point, but after being away for so long and racing on-road I haven't been convinced that the 4.1 is that much better. Any input is appreciated.
Dude! Just run the FT B4 since you already have it on hand. You can take the dough that your going to spend on th B4.1 and buy a ton of tires. A couple of the fast 2WD buggy drivers down at TRCR are still running the FT B4. Hope to see you there on sundays. Lem

Old 12-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Alvin,

I had a B4 back in the day. I just recently got the B4.1... The quality of all the materials on the new car is sooooo much nicer. I will bring it to the next Hangar race and you can check it out. Then make your decision.

There is no need to buy a ton of tires, if you are gonna run at TRCR just get gold barcodes with the stock inserts.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Alvin you want JConcepts BarCodes, rear with Epic Bomb One inserts, front with JConcepts rear foam cut down slightly and stuff into the front.

Like Peter said, no need for lots of tires. That is the only tire people run.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Also all the possible B4 vs. B4.1 info you could possibly read is already posted in this thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...eam-forum.html