Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
SC8E RTR SC Question's??? >

SC8E RTR SC Question's???

SC8E RTR SC Question's???

Old 12-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default SC8E RTR SC Question's???

I just bought a new Team Associated RTR SC8e with the 2200kv motor and the Mamba max Pro. I know the Pro esc is rated to 6s lipo's, but the site's all recommend 4s lipo only.. I'v seen them ran on 5s, Will 6s run fine on this setup stock pinion? Don't want a really hot setup, but would like to run 6s lipo.

Also, what's the best upgrades to start off with, is there anything weak on this truck? Does the extra size over the Slash 4x4 make this a better ride?

Would love to hear quick responses, thanks guys!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BamaInd View Post
I just bought a new Team Associated RTR SC8e with the 2200kv motor and the Mamba max Pro. I know the Pro esc is rated to 6s lipo's, but the site's all recommend 4s lipo only.. I'v seen them ran on 5s, Will 6s run fine on this setup stock pinion? Don't want a really hot setup, but would like to run 6s lipo.

Also, what's the best upgrades to start off with, is there anything weak on this truck? Does the extra size over the Slash 4x4 make this a better ride?

Would love to hear quick responses, thanks guys!!!
The Mamba Max Pro ESC is rated for 6S when used in 1/10 applications but to power a 1/8 vehicle with a Monster 2200kV motor the ESC battery limit is reduced to 4S. If you were to install a Mamba Monster ESC, you could run 6S with no problem.