Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default on power push

So I just raced my 22 for the first time last weekend, very impressed overall with the handling and took a third place in a very tough field. The one problem that was slowing me down a lot was an on power push comming out of the corner. I'm running the D. Evans roar set-up almost to the T, but running 30wt front and 27.5 rear and 24mm height fr & rear. The track was indoor clay very high grip tried three of the popular front tire choices that the fast guys where using, the best where scrubs, moved the shorty pack all the way forward and added 1/2 ounce of weight over the bulkhead and was able to shave about 3 sec a lap but still had substantially more on power push than anyone else. Any tips that may help this? Camber,anti-squat,shock oil,spring rate, bump steer? Thanks
Old 10-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tipperjackson
So I just raced my 22 for the first time last weekend, very impressed overall with the handling and took a third place in a very tough field. The one problem that was slowing me down a lot was an on power push comming out of the corner. I'm running the D. Evans roar set-up almost to the T, but running 30wt front and 27.5 rear and 24mm height fr & rear. The track was indoor clay very high grip tried three of the popular front tire choices that the fast guys where using, the best where scrubs, moved the shorty pack all the way forward and added 1/2 ounce of weight over the bulkhead and was able to shave about 3 sec a lap but still had substantially more on power push than anyone else. Any tips that may help this? Camber,anti-squat,shock oil,spring rate, bump steer? Thanks
What mm bumpsteer spacer are you running on the spindle?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default bump steer

Running 1mm bump steer on front hub!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You can use shock spacers for the rear arm shimming.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
You can use shock spacers for the rear arm shimming.
Arent the shock shims considerably smaller in diameter?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

3 seconds a lap? Dear god how big is this track lol, you sure you didnt mean .3 seconds?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:36 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Try 1-D rear link in place of 1-B.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

How far forward are you moving the shorty pack?
Is the stop moved to the rear holes in the chassis with the batt. forward?
In this position you are setup for max rear traction.
If so, you can move the stop to the foward holes and add foams on either side to lock it in several positions but I would expect the rear grip to come unglued when the battery gets too far forward.

Scrubs pointing in the right direction? center < facing foward?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Laloosh
3 seconds a lap? Dear god how big is this track lol, you sure you didnt mean .3 seconds?
about 780' raceline, but not how big the track is, it's just that I had that much push slowing me down and it was a bit under 3 sec.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
How far forward are you moving the shorty pack?
Is the stop moved to the rear holes in the chassis with the batt. forward?
In this position you are setup for max rear traction.
If so, you can move the stop to the foward holes and add foams on either side to lock it in several positions but I would expect the rear grip to come unglued when the battery gets too far forward.

Scrubs pointing in the right direction? center < facing foward?
Scrubs are pointed in the correct direction, battery tray is turn around backwards and battery was moved all the way to the front against the battery tray. It did cause the back to get a little loose under breaking but straight line accelleration was great just push comming out of the corner on the gas.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Batt. tray turned around backwards or just moved to the rear holes?

How many pads standing up behind battery? 1 pad behind is sort of full rear position and batt. will be touching the stop in the rear holes. Max traction for me.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Since we're talking batteries, any tips on where to place a full size pack? My car is a bit loose at turn in off power but has pretty good forward bite. Has a mild mid corner and exit push as well.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by madweazl
Arent the shock shims considerably smaller in diameter?
The shock spacers are the same id as the hinge pins. The work for this.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
The shock spacers are the same id as the hinge pins. The work for this.
Maybe I'm thinking ballstuds. One of them was too small but I still had plenty left over from the kit build.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

For those of you who run mid motor, Bloomfield posted his set-up online.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=11083

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.