Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

who is runnin te gear diff? any pro's or con's . Should I stay with the ball diff ?

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...te-cln-/Detail
Old 10-22-2011, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

what could be done to settle the car down?

I have another one in mod class and it's harder to drive than it should be, I have to baby it around the track while everyone else can drive strapped:

.75 hexes in the rear
Long Camber links in the rear(in middle hole on hubs)
3.5HRC Rear Plate(only other one I have would be a 3.0LRC or 4.0LRC)
Stock Springs F/R
1 degree of camber in the rear
unsure of the rest of the settings as I haven't began to toy with them yet and I bought the buggy pre-setup
it does have some weights in the rear..and I run a full size lipo not a shorty
Old 10-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default how about one for the 22

Originally Posted by tfrahm
I have a suggestion that comes with a caveat... Download the LOSI manual for the XXX-CR buggy -- in the back (page 19) is a section titled 'Tips and Hints from the Team'... Although the specific details are for the XXX-CR, the theory and explanations of what things affect what aspect of handling are essentially universal. It also helps that the rear hub design is functionally identical to the TLR22 in terms of ballstud locations, etc..

Give it a quick read and see if it helps you filter what you see on the 'net...
Does anybody know if Losi ever printed a tip sheet for the 22?
Old 10-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
what could be done to settle the car down?

I have another one in mod class and it's harder to drive than it should be, I have to baby it around the track while everyone else can drive strapped:

.75 hexes in the rear
Long Camber links in the rear(in middle hole on hubs)
3.5HRC Rear Plate(only other one I have would be a 3.0LRC or 4.0LRC)
Stock Springs F/R
1 degree of camber in the rear
unsure of the rest of the settings as I haven't began to toy with them yet and I bought the buggy pre-setup
it does have some weights in the rear..and I run a full size lipo not a shorty
You really need to try the shorty pack with one pad in the rear, locks the rear end in then all the little tuning aids will become effective.
In my opinion, the long pack will over rotate the car all day long if the conditions are not perfect.
I look at it as being inbetween the rear motor and mid motor configuration when using the long pack, lots of steering while sacrificing rear grip.
Rear motor and short pack for max grip.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default FINALLY!!!

Finally got my 22 to keep the rear end planted and allow me to use full throttle without the rear breaking loose!!! For anyone having the same problem on a smaller indoor clay track I can't stress enough to get a shorty pack and move it all the way forward! Completely changed the handling of the car so all the other adjustments actually work. Was so impressed I also tried the spindles all the way up for some more turn in and it actually worked too! Much happier now that I at least have the buggy in the ballpark.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I need to invest in some shorty packs but I dont want too lol.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Has anyone made a list of the short packs available? Looking to get some but want to check all of the options out there first. Sorry if this has been asked before, tried to search but unsuccessful. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I am trying to find a way to get the rear end of my buggy more planted as it is all over the place on the outdoor hard packed track with loose soil on top. As I read it sounds like the only real way to get the rear end of the car to stick is to use the shorty lipo pack can someone point out a pack for a guy on a tight budget I usually buy the sky lipo packs for around $30 are there any reasonable shorty lipo packs availible
Old 10-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by adubaz7
I am trying to find a way to get the rear end of my buggy more planted as it is all over the place on the outdoor hard packed track with loose soil on top. As I read it sounds like the only real way to get the rear end of the car to stick is to use the shorty lipo pack can someone point out a pack for a guy on a tight budget I usually buy the sky lipo packs for around $30 are there any reasonable shorty lipo packs availible
I run on clay but I noticed the same charactoristic at first.

The Buggy is designed with Mass steering throw. you May want to turn your end points or Dual rate down so the ftron tires don;t trow the rear end out from over steer

Putting the orange springs on the front, the wider rear hexes and turning down my steering Locked in my rear.

Good Luck it's a fun car that react to set up changes nicely

oh yea i'm also sporting the 3.5 rear block w/25wht rear and 27.5 wht frnt
Old 10-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

The 22 guide link in the first post of this thread has a list of the available shorty packs. ProMatch are the most inexspensive i think.

Twalace- are you running it against the front mount with no foam in front? I've been running 1 foam in front and wanting to go further forward, just havent had any track time to experiment lately. My car wheelies pretty easily, seems better to move the pack forward than to add weight to the front. I might even split a foam in half and try that too, gonna leave for the track in a few min so I'll see how it goes.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I just looked at the buggy and made some modifications and was able to make my saddle pack fit side by side it is very tight but fits just like the shorty pack I will try it tonight and let you all know how it works for me.
So far I have fastest lap in my class with a 27.2 and the next fastest by my competition is a 27.7 however his car is much easier to drive and is pretty easy to run 28.0 all night where mine is very unforgiving and small mistakes make for big time loss. I also made 2 other changes last night I will be running tonight allong with the use of saddle pack wich where that I moved my hubs all the way back for longer wheelbase (wich I will probably end up moving back as I think the battery change is going to make a big difference) the other being that I found there was 2mm limiter in the front shocks limiting my amount of weight transfer I removed them as well as unscrewed the front shock ends 2 turns (wich I will also play with if I have any steering issues).
Old 10-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default shorty pac

i just got a 40c shorty pack from surpeior hobbies on ebay for59.99 free shipping
Old 10-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eric Tomczyk
The 22 guide link in the first post of this thread has a list of the available shorty packs. ProMatch are the most inexspensive i think.

Twalace- are you running it against the front mount with no foam in front? I've been running 1 foam in front and wanting to go further forward, just havent had any track time to experiment lately. My car wheelies pretty easily, seems better to move the pack forward than to add weight to the front. I might even split a foam in half and try that too, gonna leave for the track in a few min so I'll see how it goes.
Running the aluminum battery holder mounted in the 2nd position all the way forward. Putting one pad horizontal pushing the shorty all the way forward against the holder.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
You really need to try the shorty pack with one pad in the rear, locks the rear end in then all the little tuning aids will become effective.
In my opinion, the long pack will over rotate the car all day long if the conditions are not perfect.
I look at it as being inbetween the rear motor and mid motor configuration when using the long pack, lots of steering while sacrificing rear grip.
Rear motor and short pack for max grip.
X2. I saw that cuda posted this yesterday about the placement of the battery. I tried moving it back and was def better then having if forward(if ur looking for overall rear bite.)Thanks cuda! Still some things to work out . Not really sure if its driver error or a tweak here or there on the car but after 3 weekends of running it it's getting better each week!!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tadashi
Has anyone made a list of the short packs available? Looking to get some but want to check all of the options out there first. Sorry if this has been asked before, tried to search but unsuccessful. Thanks.
Short list and if anyone knows of any others feel free to add.

Speedzone. i beleive its only $49
Promatch
Reedy now has one
epic/trinity
losi/xceleron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.