Old 10-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

subscribed
Old 10-17-2011, 02:50 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KyleP4
what is the ultimate set up for indoor clay track.

Shocks?
Motor/ESC?
Tires?
Shocks - Get the Low Friction O-rings, and run 27.5wt, 55 piston, bladders cut out front and rear. Mount the front shock 2-middle, and use orange springs. Mount the rear shock 2-inside, and use yellow springs.

Motor - It really depends on the class you are going to race in. For example, Orion make the best mod motors IMO. If you race stock, then opinions will vary widely, but I do not race stock and don't have a strong opinion in any direction.

ESC - Orion R10 Pro. It is easy to use, looks clean, but most importantly has the best "feel" of any ESC. When racing R/C, we don't have the benefit of a "seat of the pants" feel and thus the "feel" of the ESC is the most important attribue IMO. The LRP stuff was the best for a long time, a step above the rest, but now Orion has taken another leap forward with the R10.

Tires - This one really comes down to the exact track. Indoor clay will vary from track to track. I would ask one of the fast local drivers his suggestion, and it will likely put you on the right path.

Originally Posted by skrichter
Matt C./Frant R./Casper -

Considering purchasing a 22. What items are needed outside of the kit, which folks are running today?

From what I heard, the following are must have's:
3.0* rear toe block
5.0* front caster

Nice-to-have:
Low Friction o-rings
Threaded front king pin
Threaded rear hinge pin
Shock tool plastic (don't believe this comes with the kit)

Thx in advance!
I put them in order of importance, IMO.

Must Have:

Shorty LiPos
3.0* Toe Block
5* Front Castor Blocks
Threaded Front King Pin
3.5* Toe Block (depends on track/driver)
Alum Servo Horn

Nice to have:

Low Friction O-Rings
Titanium Shock Mounts
Alum Rear Camber Brace
Alum Battery Brace
Alum Front Pivot
Alum Washer Set
Threaded Rear Hinge Pin
Titanium Turnbuckles
Alum Shock Tools (plastic ones do come in the kit)
Old 10-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I cant wait for my r10 pro! Im still running an lrp motor but think i will slowly switch to the orion motors.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Tire help

I'm going to be buying a tlr 22 on amainhobbies.com and really needing some help on tire choice for a buggy. Track is packed and about 1/8 inch of loose dirt on top.. I want goosebumps on the back and just can't find what to get for the front. Would love to get it all from amain in one large order.. Thanks.!.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thescoobyrs
I'm going to be buying a tlr 22 on amainhobbies.com and really needing some help on tire choice for a buggy. Track is packed and about 1/8 inch of loose dirt on top.. I want goosebumps on the back and just can't find what to get for the front. Would love to get it all from amain in one large order.. Thanks.!.
Dialed.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Tires-Green-2
Old 10-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Thescoobyrs
GBs in rear good choice. Rips up front or flip outs and bar codes up front. I like the second group at my track. Flip-outs are sweet and goose bumps should be the same. Need to glue up my set.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks

Awesome glad I made a good choose with the rear. Been debating on the gb or bow ties.. Gb it was since I like them on my sc10,lol.. But as far as the front went couldn't decide on rips or groovy and groovy sounded to much like groove and Kentucky isn't anywhere close to blue groove or packed tracks with groove all loose dirt on mostly packed clay or something in that nature. But will get them and try it, just wish they had something more aggressive looking,lol...
Old 10-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Bow ties slid too easily for me. I need more side bite for 2wd. Flip outs give that for me. Gonna try GBs this weekend.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Lol

Originally Posted by kstoracing1
Bow ties slid too easily for me. I need more side bite for 2wd. Flip outs give that for me. Gonna try GBs this weekend.
Give them a try and let me in on the details and foam you used or if you taped the inside of the tires, I won't be purchasing the kit till get payed next week. I take it your track is like mine in Ky?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

GooseBumps are great! Theyre perfect for when theres some loose stuff on top that youd otherwise slide on. Theyll put you through a corner crazy good
Old 10-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Yea

Originally Posted by TWRC
GooseBumps are great! Theyre perfect for when theres some loose stuff on top that youd otherwise slide on. Theyll put you through a corner crazy good
Yea I figured they where great since I couldn't find ANY bad info on them other then they wear down quick but I'm willing to sacrifice that for a shirt and plaque,lol.. Just praying groovy will be better then rips for the front of my 22? Fingers crossed.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

I have them mounted to cc proline. Track I run loamy and hard packed in spots. That's why flip outs are the ticket when moist. Wet/soaked FOs cake up and I want to try GBs for when it gets a lil muddy. From what u describe I'll run GBs when wet and FOs when dry.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kstoracing1
I have them mounted to cc proline. Track I run loamy and hard packed in spots. That's why flip outs are the ticket when moist. Wet/soaked FOs cake up and I want to try GBs for when it gets a lil muddy. From what u describe I'll run GBs when wet and FOs when dry.
Good luck with that! I'm going to tape my GB and try a firm foam like the Closed cell you mentioned and hope for the best as well but completely lost at what to do for the front tire bite, going groovy over rips and running them as soft as possible :s rear should hook like none other if I can mount them good. Usually have problems with fingers getting stuck to tires and while trying to remove my thumb or pointing finger from the tire I loose a little skin and tire pulls out costing me a wobbly tire,lol..
Old 10-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Have I assembled something wrong here? Seems like the spindle carrier is binding on the a-arm very early in the down travel. Also seems like there is excessive bump steer throughout the limited travel it does have.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Once you set your camber you'll find that interference is gone. Mine did the same thing during build but is fine with the camber set properly.

CSR

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.