Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Strike Aluminum Parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 04:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation Losi Strike Aluminum Parts

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if the aluminum parts for the Losi Strike are worth the price. I heard that these pieces cause other parts in the car to break. Any advice to this would be really appreciated.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paldude
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if the aluminum parts for the Losi Strike are worth the price. I heard that these pieces cause other parts in the car to break. Any advice to this would be really appreciated.
I have a lot of time on my strike. I have all the aluminum on it and it has made the truck better for me. The front bulkhead is important. It takes flex out that tends to break front turnbuckles. I also run Lunsford tie rods with Team Losi 8ight captured ball ends for durability.

I'll snap a pic later...
Old 12-02-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson
I have a lot of time on my strike. I have all the aluminum on it and it has made the truck better for me. The front bulkhead is important. It takes flex out that tends to break front turnbuckles. I also run Lunsford tie rods with Team Losi 8ight captured ball ends for durability.

I'll snap a pic later...
So you have all the aluminum parts on your truck? And also, what motor and gears do you use for your truck, im trying to get the best setup for the truck, so i wont spend more money fixing it over and over again.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm running an Xcelorin sensored brushless setup with a 10.5 motor. I also run the Xcelorin 5000mah 40c battery.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson
I'm running an Xcelorin sensored brushless setup with a 10.5 motor. I also run the Xcelorin 5000mah 40c battery.
is it a brushless motor? because i thought they used kv as a measurement, or did you convert it.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Paldude
is it a brushless motor? because i thought they used kv as a measurement, or did you convert it.
It's brushless. Losi 10.5. You can find it at Horizon Hobby.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

what about the gears on your truck? i dont wanna burn my motor. And what would you say about the esc? i upgrading into a komodo dragon 19t