R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-27-2005, 10:01 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroRacerXX
thanks for the help guys i think im going to the the rc10 if i save up some money. some people are telling me to get an evader st though. they say its faster and stronger. would it be worth it to look into one of those?
Anybody that says an evader is stronger than a GT, well those would be the people not to ask for help probably for anything. Just like when/if you get a gas truck, don't let anybody help you tune it. Maybe the hobby shop, or a top racer, but there's more people who think they know how to tune than acutally can do it. Just take the time to learn yourself.

Now I'm not bashing the duratrax truck. I think they are good trucks and buggies. They have awesome customer service and support from what I hear. So good, some people take advantage of it. But they just aren't in the AE and Losi league.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 10:15 AM   #17
Tech Rookie

thanks a lot u helped me make my mind up. i goin with the Gt
NitroRacerXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 12:59 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T-BirdJunkie Send a message via MSN to T-BirdJunkie
Default EVST vs RC10GT

If I were to buy an RTR basher ST right this second, I'd buy an EVST. great engine, not-completely-crappy radio, and it's fairly tough.
it is NOT as tough as the GT (aside from the Traxxas Rustler, no truck is), but it's quicker and handles better in stock form.
However, for your purposes (and the purposes of many others) the GT is simply a superior truck.
best advice i can give you is
READ THE MANUAL
I've met a whoooooooole lotta people that have fried diffs and engines because they didn't do something that the manual told them. they tell me "this truck is a piece of crap, why'd it break"
BECAUSE, you didn't READ THE MANUAL.
[/rant]
have fun with your new rig
Old 03-27-2005, 07:06 PM   #19
Tech Rookie

i dont really care about speed. the rush evo looks nicer then the GT though so thats one reason i kinda like it. u say it not as tuff as a GT but is it close? you said it handles better which i like. i think its going to come down to which one i can get for a better price.
NitroRacerXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:23 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T-BirdJunkie Send a message via MSN to T-BirdJunkie

stock vs stock, it's not QUITE as tough as the GT, but there also aren't the parts for the Rush to bulletproof it like there are for the GT.
Now, the Rush I have is the old Rush, not the Evo, but I've got experiance with the Evo's T15 (i hate it, much prefer the TTR 15 in the GT)
overall, I think the GT is just a flat out better truck.