R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   VE8 ?????????? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/457053-ve8.html)

ae-Dan 11-29-2010 03:49 PM

VE8 ??????????

whats the good and the bad of the ve8?

would a novak 4.5t 550 motor power this buggy?

would like to make the move from sct to 1/8 buggy and alreaddy have the speedcontrol combo in my truck, if it would work that would be great!!

BuggyKing 11-29-2010 03:54 PM

The VE8 is good overall buggy. It is a nimble good handling buggy with good durability. The downside is with the stock plastic chassis buggy is heavy with full electronics. I found that the center shafts wear kinda quickly. It does need a couple upgrades. One is the run the aluminum skid plates and the aluminum servo horn. The parts are not to expensive compared to other buggies but overall a good buggy for racing.

The 4.5 would work but with Novak motors seems to be a hit and miss. I ran the 6.5 and the rotors came apart.

OWTKAST cpt 11-29-2010 03:55 PM

Will it work yes..

We run them on 2s at a dumb indoor track that wont allow over 2s =)

BUT as far as being competitive in most situations except for tight indoors... NO.

Run it on something over 2s and be prepared to lose the motor in a short amount of time...

todb 11-29-2010 04:33 PM

The car does need the Aluminum upgrade chassis braces and a servo saver for the steering servo but I am very happy with my first electric buggy. I rce it hard and without any problems at all. I have never had any motor problems with mine either.

OWTKAST cpt 11-29-2010 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by todb (Post 8275091)
I have never had any motor problems with mine either.

What motor do you run?

ae-Dan 11-29-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by OWTKAST cpt (Post 8275109)
What motor do you run?

+1 are you talking about the 550 motor??? and if so is that on 2s?

ae-Dan 11-29-2010 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by BuggyKing (Post 8274947)
The VE8 is good overall buggy. It is a nimble good handling buggy with good durability. The downside is with the stock plastic chassis buggy is heavy with full electronics. I found that the center shafts wear kinda quickly. It does need a couple upgrades. One is the run the aluminum skid plates and the aluminum servo horn. The parts are not to expensive compared to other buggies but overall a good buggy for racing.

The 4.5 would work but with Novak motors seems to be a hit and miss. I ran the 6.5 and the rotors came apart.

what kind of track do you run on? is it out door vs nitro? and what motor do you have now?

OWTKAST cpt 11-29-2010 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by ae-Dan (Post 8275172)
+1 are you talking about the 550 motor??? and if so is that on 2s?

Yes the 4.5 550 motor on 2s.

I wouldn't use the 550's and expect to be competitive on the majority of tracks though.

bazthecarman 11-29-2010 05:19 PM

aluminum

what are all the parts that (from your guy's experience) needs to be upgraded before you even put the kit together.

Also have hotbodies ever made another 1/8 scale ep buggies.

jmackani 11-29-2010 05:33 PM

You only need aluminum skids and the aluminum servo horn. Some guys are also putting the vorza servo saver on. I have not upgraded the servo saver and I have not had problems all summer. I had all kinds of problems with my motor mount and had to upgrade that also. The stock one kept moving.

bazthecarman 11-29-2010 05:34 PM

servo saver

Originally Posted by jmackani (Post 8275422)
You only need aluminum skids and the aluminum servo horn. Some guys are also putting the vorza servo saver on. I have not upgraded the servo saver and I have not had problems all summer. I had all kinds of problems with my motor mount and had to upgrade that also. The stock one kept moving.

sorry but whats a servo saver?

thanks

goose ae 11-29-2010 05:35 PM

What is the weight of the roller. No motor esc or servo.

BuggyKing 11-29-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by ae-Dan (Post 8275218)
what kind of track do you run on? is it out door vs nitro? and what motor do you have now?

It was an indoor track. I don't run SC anymore. Kind of a waste of time.

OWTKAST cpt 11-29-2010 05:46 PM

SERVO SAVER - its like to cylinder with lobes cut so it enough force is applied the lobes will "slip" allowing your saver to "give" instead of ripping apart your servo gears. Mine got dirty and locked once. Keep it as part of your maintenance schedule to clean it.

NEEDS- aluminum skids
Probably need aluminum servo horn. I have never screwed one up but I swapped to aluminum anyways.

I dont know why guys have problems with the stock motor mount. NO ONE I personally know has issues with them.

ae-Dan 11-29-2010 05:47 PM

is the ve8 competitive with nitro buggys when ran on 4.5 550 with 2s.