Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless Motor Question? Help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking Brushless Motor Question? Help?

Hey guys! I'm new to the brushless motors and I have a question? My club has a Slash class that runs 17.5 brushless motors. I was told the Novak Havok system was good. With that being said why not Traxxas's own brushless system? Is it faster or not on the same level that they dont use it? Also does any body know of body post use can use on a Slash that are longer so the clips dont rub on the body without going to Aluminum post (body mounts). Any help with these issues would be great!!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Traxxas's own brushless motor is insanely faster than the stock 17.5 motor. It would not be legal for the stock slash class.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bitman63
Hey guys! I'm new to the brushless motors and I have a question? My club has a Slash class that runs 17.5 brushless motors. I was told the Novak Havok system was good. With that being said why not Traxxas's own brushless system? Is it faster or not on the same level that they dont use it? Also does any body know of body post use can use on a Slash that are longer so the clips dont rub on the body without going to Aluminum post (body mounts). Any help with these issues would be great!!
For an insanely competitive combo, I recommend a Tekin RS ESC and a 17.5t Murfdogg Synergy Motor, www.murfdogg.com, which will keep you legal to run in that class and have no issues with the lack of power. If you go this route or have any questions, I'd be glad to recommend Motor & ESC programming setup. Hope you find a suitable setup and have fun racing soon!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Company Representative

We recently began shipping our Havoc Pro SC Ballistic 540 spec systems for 2WD short Course racing. This is an ideal upgrade for the Slash 2WD that features our exclusive, rebuidable Ballistic motor and our timing Havoc Pro SC.

We now offer our Havoc Pro SC paired with both our Ballistic 550s (for 4x4 SC racing) and our Ballistic 540s (for 2WD SC racing.)
Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
For an insanely competitive combo, I recommend a Tekin RS ESC and a 17.5t Murfdogg Synergy Motor, www.murfdogg.com, which will keep you legal to run in that class and have no issues with the lack of power. If you go this route or have any questions, I'd be glad to recommend Motor & ESC programming setup. Hope you find a suitable setup and have fun racing soon!
+1

I did a bunch of research and I found the best combo would be a Murfdog Motor and RS Pro ESC. For a 17.5 though you could just run a standard RS ESC and save some money. Prices are competitive with other motors out there. Plus the support is very nice. Any question you have can be posted on the Murfdog thread, and usually someone can always help you. As well as Mr.Murfdog himself. Which I find is worth a lot.

My second choice was a Novak 540 Ballistic. I have had real good luck with Novak motors and in my opinion are one of the best looking motors as well. And I really liked that with there new Ballistic line, that you can rebuild the entire motor, as well as buying new stators and changing to a different turn motor. Which can save you money. I have a 550 4.5 Ballistic, and bought a 5.5 stator. So I can adjust my motor turn depending on how the track is. Normally I would have to buy a whole new motor which would be to pricey.

I will say though that with pretty much any motor you decide to go with. I would run a RS or RS Pro ESC. With a 17.5 motor, a Standard RS ESC will do the job fine. If you plan to ever run a really low turn motor, or say a 4x4 SCT, I would go with the RS Pro.