R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-17-2004, 11:56 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default B4 Question

Ok just got my B4 and got it all put together. Trying to figure out battery placement. I'm or was planning on using my batteries from my TC. So when I tried to install a pack I have to push them into place. The bars are touching on both sides. My problem/question is I thought it was bad for you batts to touch the chassis? I know on my XXX-S there is a thin strip of plastic you place on the chassis where the batts go. If I used something similiar to that however I would have to replace it every other battery cause the bars would easily wear it away.

What you guys do or know that can help?

Thanks
Titan Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:40 PM   #2
Tech Elite

If it is the plastic chassis it shouldn't cause any problems. If you're worried about it (or if it's the graphite chassis) I'd pick up some chassis tape (AE sells sheets), or number-plate backing from the local motorcycle shop, and use it on the rails of the battery area.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:44 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff

Actually, there are two sickers on the sticker sheet that are made to line the inside of the battery slot. They are the two black strips that say "RC10B4 Stealth" These two stips have notches on the bottom that correspond to the notches on the chassis. This isn't in the manual and you see a lot of people mistakenly put them on the body. But like Aaron said...with a plastic chassis you won't have any problems.....

nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:33 AM   #4
Tech Addict

I used a FT b4 on the weekend and one of my packs is very snug. It rubs on booth sides of chassis and you have to force it in and out.

I didn't have any problems with it. Only driver error.
Ybakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:42 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

wat do u think of the car? I'm down in australia, just ordered one from tower hobbies about half an hour ago, can't wait to get my hands on one
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:52 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Hammer your battery bars flat. That allows a comfy fit.
beeoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:54 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by nutfluff
Actually, there are two sickers on the sticker sheet that are made to line the inside of the battery slot. They are the two black strips that say "RC10B4 Stealth" These two stips have notches on the bottom that correspond to the notches on the chassis. This isn't in the manual and you see a lot of people mistakenly put them on the body. But like Aaron said...with a plastic chassis you won't have any problems.....

Ah
That's what those are for!!!
Thanks
beeoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 04:44 PM   #8
Tech Master

Hey Hawker, the only change i'd make to the FT B4 is to change BACK to the plastic chassis.

The car seems more forgiving this way and a little easier to drive.

Glenn
Mr-s413bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 06:09 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

ta for the advice!
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:27 PM   #10
Tech Addict

The factory team is quite good. My other B4 was close to FT anyway so I really didn't notice much difference.

What difference do you find with the plastic chassis. I have only used the other ones. Thanks.
Ybakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:42 PM   #11
Tech Master

Heya Guys.

Well i have both and have run both over the last 3 months or so.

I prefer a graphite car but with a plastic chassis.

The plastic is a little more forgiving, you will gain a little traction especially here on the typically bumpy/slippery tracks we have here in Australia.

Most of the "TEAM" run the plastic chassis these days aswell, and yes there is such a thing as a too stiff chassis.

I find the plastic a little more consistent and a little less knife edged with the handling. It just seems to slow the reactions of the car that tiny bit making it easier to drive fast.

Glenn
Mr-s413bt is offline   Reply With Quote