Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE! >

TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE!

TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Glad you like the LRP, but you can do the same with the Tekin, a laptop is not necessary, just lets you tune even more-kinda like different weight shock oil, and different springs. I have run LRP's before, and they are smooth. But as simple to use as they are, they are limited in the same breath. I let my son run one in his car last winter, but needed more drag brake for our ultra tight indoor track, and just couldn't get enough from the blue box..JMO of course..With a "Hotwire" the Tekin's adjustments are almost endless, and if you run in a 17.5 class (not a blinky), they are far superior..
The Tekin is going to prevail in any stock racing, but I don't run stock, so the LRP does everything I want it to do in a nice convenient smoooooth package, but to each his own.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mellow
The Tekin is going to prevail in any stock racing, but I don't run stock, so the LRP does everything I want it to do in a nice convenient smoooooth package, but to each his own.
I truely understand where you are coming from but once you try the new LRP SS V2 in stock racing you just might change your mind.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MeBeMikey
I truely understand where you are coming from but once you try the new LRP SS V2 in stock racing you just might change your mind.
I'm the one whose for LRP...just saying Tekin has a better overall use, meaning it can be used in Stock AND mod without getting two speedos. Don't get me wrong, the SXX v2 will get the job done in stock, but you really need the stock spec to unleash the beast.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Buy Tekin or buy twice!

The RS has been out for nearly 2 years old and has been top of the line the entire time with simply FREE software updates. We're smaller, smarter, faster.

NONE of the other esc manufacturers can say that!
At my local track, there is right now 19 Tekins with the 1,2,6 and 7(wrong motor selected) fail, I personally had 2 (NIP) RS-pro last weekend going bad on me one run the motor for 3 minutes, the other failed right after TX calibration, all on the same setup, my 4 year old rs-pro worked fine so did my old LRP sphere, on the same set-up.
Sorry tekin, I am out.
Cougar sv with rs-pro and 13.5 x12 lrp
Cat SX3 with rs-pro and 10.5 x12 lrp (no esc at the moment as two failed)
MP9e with RX8 and 1700 kv tekin
SC10 4x4 with RX8 and sc pro 4 pole tekin

Going LRP, too many "wrong motor selected errors"
Old 12-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
At my local track, there is right now 19 Tekins with the 1,2,6 and 7(wrong motor selected) fail, I personally had 2 (NIP) RS-pro last weekend going bad on me one run the motor for 3 minutes, the other failed right after TX calibration, all on the same setup, my 4 year old rs-pro worked fine so did my old LRP sphere, on the same set-up.
Sorry tekin, I am out.
Cougar sv with rs-pro and 13.5 x12 lrp
Cat SX3 with rs-pro and 10.5 x12 lrp (no esc at the moment as two failed)
MP9e with RX8 and 1700 kv tekin
SC10 4x4 with RX8 and sc pro 4 pole tekin

Going LRP, too many "wrong motor selected errors"
Take a toothbrush dipped in Isopropyl (rubbing alcohol), and go over the soldier posts. More often than not, it's because flux was allowed to flow down the post and bridge the connections. It has happened to me on 2 occasions because I use a ton a flux, and high heat. Once I've cleaned them, the problem is solved.

My recent luck with LRP's V2 ESCs has left me a bit gunshy, but the Version 1 stuff is ridiculously reliable.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

If you want to run an LRP, get the TC SPEC v2. Its designed for 4wd applications but runs amazingly in everything, especially STOCK classes, 13.5 and 10.5. As far as software and firmware updates, check here: http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/software-update/