R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-17-2004, 09:03 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Post Losi xxx-t/mf/mf2

Hello everyone I am a huge losi fan I have a mini-t and I love it I also have a xxx-s G+. I am thinking about getting an xxx-t maybe the new MF2 can anyone please help me with what model to get I will not be racing it mostly this car will be my fun around the yard in the mountains bashing car I want to jump it a lot but not kill it just a car that can take alot of punishment still keep on going. Also is there a real difference between the MF1 and the MF2???? thanks for your help and I hope this thread starts a great future convorsation all about the LOSI XXX-T
utracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:07 PM   #2
Tech Regular

If you're not going to race it and just going to be playing around then the car's handling isn't that important so that doesn't matter. The MF2 parts are stronger than the MF1 parts, so MF2 has better durability=less breakage.
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:10 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

if you going to bash it at all i would look eleswhere
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:12 PM   #4
Tech Adept

hummm.......why look elsewhere???
utracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:47 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

the MF1 and MF2 trucks have a lot of parts made of graphite. these parts are excellent for racing as graphite makes those components stiffer and lighter than their composite counterparts. but these parts may not be as forgiving in a crash, so i think thats why pballkid says to look elsewhere.

but IMO its ok to use a stadium truck as a basher. they have excellent handling and jump very well and have decent clearance. they wont be able to conquer all terrains like monster trucks, but stadium trucks still hold their own.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 10:23 PM   #6
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I would get a xxx-t rtr truck to bash with.It's durable and not as much money as the MF2.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:38 PM   #7
Tech Elite

No car will take all of the abuse thrown at it. When you crash hard, any car will break.

The redesigned parts on the MF2, graphite or not, will hold up to the most abuse of any electric stadium truck. It will be just fine for bashing around the backyard, and the occasional race.