Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 electric buggy, whats the best

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I actually have the new code that came out for Feb.

011CX

Isn't going to work until you sign up for the super saver club though.

50.00 off.

Another unfortunate is the fact Tower raised the price of the RC8be 10 + bucks since I bought it. So it's like a 40.00 off coupon... but that's still pretty good.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Caster EX 1.5 Pro. No conversion needed.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ok there is one way to put it.
Everyone INCLUDING ME is going to biassed to the car they drive and like, the real question is, what brand do you like? what looks of a car do you like? choose one drive it and love it
Old 02-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HotBodiesVe8Boy
Everyone INCLUDING ME is going to biassed to the car they drive and like, the real question is, what brand do you like? what looks of a car do you like? choose one drive it and love it
very good point, take what everyone says with a grain of salt. take their OBJECTIVE opinion and make your own conclusion.

btw, buy a VORZA
Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Every buggy has good and bad things about it. The main thing I would first decide would be:

1. Will I keep the powerplant I already have ( you say you have a 2200Kv)
2. Do I want to do 1 battery pack or dual packs?
3. Do I need mechanical brakes?

Once you decide that, look at the designs of the vehicles and determine if that looks like a good design to you.

For me, I never was a big fan of the wide layouts most vehicles had with the center diff in the middle and I was not a fan of having to mess around with dual battery packs. The Hyper 9E fit the bill nicely for me and its performance was excellent with a few simple mods. The newer Bump edition should address all that and for the money is not a bad buy. Also fit and finish was great, no real hand fitting of parts.

The other nice thing is that it can fit a 2200Kv motor in it, I ran this motor in a pinch and really enjoyed it. You could even use it on 3S from what I have heard from those who have it and just gear more agressively.

few knocks on the vehicle:

- Motor mount can be a pain at times to access the motor screws
- Regular edition does not include mudguards (you can add them though )
- Body on regular edition is just a nitro one and fits kind of sloppy, letting in dirt and mud. You can go with the VE8 body instead, fits like a glove
- Battery tray is LONG which is a big plus, but a bit snug width wise.

Now, that doesn't mean that is the vehicle for you, but, for me at least, it was.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 on the hyper 9e this thing is amazing but best advice is do some research it took me a while to decide what i wanted take your time and dont rush into things but i tell you what i will never drive anything again after driving this thing
Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikeisawsome90
hi guys i am new to the 1/8 electric buggy scene and want to get the best racing buggy that also has great duriblity so far ive looked at the hpi vorza, hotbodies ve8, ofna hyper 9e and nexx 8 and team associated. thier are so many out their i cant decide . right now i have a mamba monster max 2200kv so a buggy that takes that easily wold be grate. i am selling my e-maxx to get the money.
Well, there is no "best" buggy, it's what's best for you. From what I have seen most are pretty darn good. I think a first step is to see what the locals are running in your area. Think about parts support. If you buy 100% off the web, then it's less of an issue though. If you want to buy parts at your local Hobby store, then it becomes an issue. Your choice will also be influenced by the application. Are you racing, bashing or both? Some buggies are more suited to one or the other. Take the Vorza, for instance. That is a great value for the money, but it is primarily a basher. Others, like the 8ight, are primarily for racing. You don't want to overspend on a buggy for the wrong application. Like shelling out $500+ for an XRay 808e roller for bashing.
Ask a lot of questions and do a lot of research. I have a Ve8 and I'm very happy with it, for racing. I've owned an 8ight and it was a top notch buggy, but pricey.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtracer1
What's wrong with the Losi V4 conversion?
There isn't really anything wrong with it. It just doesn't have the new layout that really makes the other V4 cars good. The V4 Losi has the same balance as the Losi conversion. The motor is way out to the right and the battery is way over to the left. Not much Tekno can do since the input to the rear diff is offset like it is.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the Losi conversion has perfect balance as is, well with what I run anyway.

xcelorin 2100 and 4s 35c 5000 lipo.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

I drove my tekno V4 conversion this weekend and it's bomb. It's much more stable and nimble. It's the best E car I have driven so far.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

cool! i just ordered a V4 for my Vorza!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Great point...all of the top brand platforms are very good and have their pro's/con's.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I'm going to make my bias chime in...

The RC8be instruction manual is very good, detailed, and straight forward.

And, since this car has been out a year, there is minimal guess work in this in your quest to tweak it in.

There are available upgrade parts, but for this car you don't need them.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

HOW BOUT PEOPLE STOP PUTTING INPUT IN ON THERE CAR THEY LIKE. No one is the same, he needs to look at what he likes and choose it
Old 02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default agreed

HOW BOUT PEOPLE STOP PUTTING INPUT IN ON THERE CAR THEY LIKE. No one is the same, he needs to look at what he likes and choose it
I agree but they're just trying to help. For the guy who started the thread, I would go on different companies websites, and go onto you tube. put some hours on the internets!!!!!!!

good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.