Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 02:48 PM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orangbaligila
WOW.

you'd have better luck buying a tank next time

and nice touch too comparing an actual e-buggy with TWO nitro buggies.
just sell what you have left and buy whatever fancies you. but, a HPI Vorza is never as soft as butter. period.

I've owned, raced, and got stupid with: converted D8, Vorza, converted D8 with Vorza chassis+parts, VE8 (yes, in that order)

like every other kit on earth, if you plan to race it, you have to prep it.
special note on VE8, it's very nimble and potential in the right hands.
if you're just starting out, get a Vorza, prep it with common sense and sensible upgrades (need less than 100 bucks the most). get enough batts, good charger, use the AM radio (no problem, I had completed a whole season of racing with the same version), or buy whatever you fancy when budget allows.
for its price, you won't get a better value anywhere in a ready made package.

stock 'short' shocks are actually better than the longer one (for general use).

- I have yet to break any body mount
- I have yet to bend a driveshaft
- I have yet to bend a hinge-pin
- I have yet to bend rear tower like butter
although,
- I have yet to drive my Vorza off a cliff or from the roof
- I have bent a front tower hitting a pole (for separator fence in a track similarly designed to 2009 IFMAR warm-up track)

- battery tray got nothing wrong with it, one of the best
- does not come under-geared as internal ratio is 4.3:1. unless you are drag racing, then maybe it is
- stock radio is AM, not FM. never run a Vorza indoors when your mum is cleaning the floor, she might get upset. maybe she kicked your Vorza, it wasn't running away... LOL
- the bodies that fit will obviously include VB-1 body by HPI, err.... D8 body fits with some soft-case batteries.
- it is hard to find deans connectors if you live in the Himalayas or under a rock...
- last time checked, rear suspension okay, spring okay, travel okay
- regarding diff oil and shock oil. you should be grateful it is filled with adequate for RTR use silicone oil. some other RTRs add grease in the diff... what's in the 'oh-so-good redcat whatever?'
-stock tires are fine, those are called buggy tires. if high profile tires needed, install truggy or monster tires... crawler also possible, with some effort

hopefully your worship to redcat-ness will gain you some happiness and heavy paycheck... maybe they will win IFMAR world championship in 2012,... wow, imagine... everyone will throw away their up-to-date pro-kit to get a redcat,.. weeeooowww...

I really would like to see your redcat whatever, with mechanical brakes, converted with something, leopard motor, and (what ESC?!), and 2.4GHz super-cool-very-awesome-omygosh controller, crappy yesteryear design chinese made galore up against a prepped Vorza.

sorry, if you say an RC8BE, Losi 8e, Kyosho MP9e, a converted Mugen MBX6, are better, they ARE better (because all are more expensive kits or roller). but not a redcat xyzspwtxz.... a Tamiya TRF 801X is more or less the same quality as a D8 or Vorza, but less parts support, so it's not that good (and more expensive).

and remember, just because it says RTR does not mean that you don't need to check etc. as human who assembled it for you might have a bad day and whatnot.

oh, please explain to me how to SEE durability everytime you see a 801X... I might apply the method next time I need to buy anything.

if everything with the Vorza is a problem for you, throw it away, burn it, and buy a red meow. it is not fair to claim EVERYTHING is problematic with a product when many others are okay with it. maybe you are problematic...

yada yada yada...

ps: I own Kyosho, Mugen, HoBao, and HongNor, as well as tried several other makes. so, yeah... I'm not that biased

Dude.. that is comedy ROTFLMAO

weeeooowww!
Old 11-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

don't get me wrong, but Leopard motor is a not bad copy-cat of a motor (meeoww). until you try a Tekin....

come to think of it, Leopard motors are red and meow as well
Old 02-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default here are my votes

1 - vorza
2 - vorza
3 - vorza
Old 02-01-2011, 03:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikeisawsome90
I just wanted to ask you guys what 1/8 electric buggie is better ve8 or vorza. I was wondering which one is more durable and also better for racing. or if thier are better electric buggies out their that you guys like, like by kyosho or losi, let me know I wanted to get into 1/8 buggie racing for awile now and i am going to sell my e-maxx to get the money.

Vorza is a basher. Ve8 is a racer. The Vorza is a great value for the money. Despite an earlier post, I've heard nothing but good things about it. However, if racing is your bag, then the Ve8 is the obvious choice between the two. Most race grade 1/8th buggies are very good, each with their own plusses/minuses. Some will fit your driving style better than others. I've owned several brands and right now the Ve8 is my favorite.
Durability is sometimes in the eye of the beholder. Some will think my Ve8 is the most durable because I never break anything. That has some to do with my driving style, which is conservative and smooth. I've seen some guys with 8ight's and RC8's that rarely finish races because they push them too hard and have heavy trigger fingers. They are both durable, but that only goes so far in the hands of some maniac drivers.
I've driven an Ve8 and 8ight and both are good. The 8ight is higher quality but more expensive. The Ve8, IMHO, handles better and is cheaper. I just got an RC8Be, but I haven't tried it out yet. I hear they are good as well.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
Vorza is a basher. Ve8 is a racer. The Vorza is a great value for the money. Despite an earlier post, I've heard nothing but good things about it. However, if racing is your bag, then the Ve8 is the obvious choice between the two. Most race grade 1/8th buggies are very good, each with their own plusses/minuses. Some will fit your driving style better than others. I've owned several brands and right now the Ve8 is my favorite.
Durability is sometimes in the eye of the beholder. Some will think my Ve8 is the most durable because I never break anything. That has some to do with my driving style, which is conservative and smooth. I've seen some guys with 8ight's and RC8's that rarely finish races because they push them too hard and have heavy trigger fingers. They are both durable, but that only goes so far in the hands of some maniac drivers.
I've driven an Ve8 and 8ight and both are good. The 8ight is higher quality but more expensive. The Ve8, IMHO, handles better and is cheaper. I just got an RC8Be, but I haven't tried it out yet. I hear they are good as well.
+1 well put
Old 02-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

go with the hyper 9e just got mine and all i can say is WOW this thing is amazing never drove something so smooth and nimble in my whole life and the cornering is like its on rails with the kit you get all the upgraded parts that they had problems with before a new set of a-arms new driveshaft new rear shock tower and new aluminum shock caps everything that they had problems with in the past you get the upgraded stuff with the kit so im just gonna run the stuff they had problems with untill it goes bad then change it out if you get the ve8 might as well plan on getting the new chassis as soon as you order it so its a no brainer IMO hyper 9e all the way
Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

plus most buggies that are out are just nitros converted to electric the 9e is built from the ground up specifically for electric i know the ve8 is as well but the chassis is junk you will not be dissapointed if you get either one but would go with the 9e
Old 02-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blade329
Now this is what we call sensible posting. Me likey
Old 02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brandon1116
go with the hyper 9e just got mine and all i can say is WOW this thing is amazing never drove something so smooth and nimble in my whole life and the cornering is like its on rails with the kit you get all the upgraded parts that they had problems with before a new set of a-arms new driveshaft new rear shock tower and new aluminum shock caps everything that they had problems with in the past you get the upgraded stuff with the kit so im just gonna run the stuff they had problems with untill it goes bad then change it out if you get the ve8 might as well plan on getting the new chassis as soon as you order it so its a no brainer IMO hyper 9e all the way
Now now,... You JUST got your Hyper9...
I have a friend with a 'non-runner' hyper9 currently because of that dreaded center shaft.

And VE8 plastic chassis is not a problem

Is this the common pattern of things?
If you are deciding between an apple or an orange, then the seller offered you grapes instead, that's kinda silly... Not helping with decision at all

Last edited by orangbaligila; 02-01-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

well well the hyper 9e comes with 2 driveshafts fyi comes with the original and the upgraded one so when the first one breaks or goes bad i have the upgraded one to put in thats what i love about it the things that they seen wrong they put the upgraded parts with it you dont see a ve8 comming with a new chassis now do you?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

I didnt know suggesting things was a crime im sorry but im just trying to help out as well, all i know is i have studied like i was taking a exam looked at all the pros and cons of all different kinds of buggy's and ended up with the 9e and i have read about that plastic chassis and how everyone ends up upgrading it i would rather up grade some a arms which the 9e already comes with then a hundred dollar chassis not sure if this is actual price but thats what they typically go for
Old 02-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

well well the hyper 9e comes with 2 driveshafts fyi comes with the original and the upgraded one so when the first one breaks or goes bad i have the upgraded one to put in thats what i love about it the things that they seen wrong they put the upgraded parts with it you dont see a ve8 comming with a new chassis now do you?
If you are so finicky about the chassis (which is brilliant unless you go crazy with it). For the cost of a Hyper9 you could get a VE8 and HHH chassis conversion. How 'bout that?

If budget is not a problem, try MP9e

However, create a new thread for it
Old 02-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by orangbaligila
If you are so finicky about the chassis (which is brilliant unless you go crazy with it). For the cost of a Hyper9 you could get a VE8 and HHH chassis conversion. How 'bout that?

If budget is not a problem, try MP9e

However, create a new thread for it
My thoughts exactly if you gotta buy the new chassis anyway why not go with the 9e that comes with extra upgrades does the ve8 come with 2 driveshafts 2 shock towers 2 a arms
Old 02-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

They have quite a long time ago...
Old 02-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by quixoticboi
They have quite a long time ago...
So they upgraded the plastic chassis for a better plastic chassis that makes sense

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.