R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Lrp sxx tc spec 30c lipo 17.5 to tekin rs 30c 17.5 big difference? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/450990-lrp-sxx-tc-spec-30c-lipo-17-5-tekin-rs-30c-17-5-big-difference.html)

mxracer458 11-08-2010 08:33 PM

Lrp sxx tc spec 30c lipo 17.5 to tekin rs 30c 17.5 big difference?

I'm getting a tekin rs to run stock class with Orion 30c and tekin 17.5 I ran this set up with my new v2 tc spec and it was alright,just curious to how much more performance I will get running the tekin rs to the tc spec.

Ostach24 11-08-2010 09:36 PM

Just tunability i would assume, never ran the v2 so idk for sure, the pro runs super cool and has amazing power. From v1 to pro huge diff in stock.

mxracer458 11-08-2010 09:48 PM

Performance with tekin should be alot better then the lrp because th lrp esc is a mod esc?

mxracer458 11-08-2010 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ostach24 (Post 8185258)
Just tunability i would assume, never ran the v2 so idk for sure, the pro runs super cool and has amazing power. From v1 to pro huge diff in stock.

V1 to pro is a huge difference what are you referring to?

Dgee 11-08-2010 10:43 PM

Well the most important question is this... Does your track follow the ROAR rules of no timing in the stock classes or are they allowing you to run ESC timing?

If you aren't able to run advanced timing in the ESC it's really a toss up between the two. Personally I'd say the LRP is going to have a little more bottom end grunt to it and be a little more linear.

Now if your able to run timing in your stock classes obviously the Tekin is going to produce more power. The TC is designed for 4wd off road and TC racing, The timing power profiles are very mellow since were aren't relying on timing to produce massive amounts of power running mod motors.

So, it's really like comparing apples to oranges if esc timing is brought into the mix.

NOW... If you want to compare the SXX Stock Spec to the Tekin... The SXX is going produce just as much power if not more running the timing profiles because this is exactly what the Stock Spec SXX was designed for. But, the LRP is going to be much more linear than the Tekin on all of the profiles and again it'll have that bottom end punch that the Tekin just can't do no matter how much it's tweaked. One thing that I found with the Tekin was that the more timing you added to it the more the throttle felt like a light switch, either on or off... Far from linear.

mxracer458 11-09-2010 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ostach24 (Post 8185258)

Yes we are allowed timing and boost in our stock class

rangerjkb 11-09-2010 04:51 AM

Dgee, covered it all. I ran both of these ESC's and you'll truly like the Tekin over the V2 TC Spec for stock class applications. Hope you get setup and on to racing soon!

mxracer458 11-09-2010 05:09 AM

Thanks for the replies,I was getting out powered on my last race,granted I don't have a high c rated battery but the other guys were so much faster and they all were running tekins.so I'm sure just switching escs right now will make the car alot quicker

Dgee 11-09-2010 07:46 AM

Once you start talking timing its pretty much like racing mod... If you really like the feel of your SXX TC I'd think about picking up the SXX Stock Spec over the Tekin. Right now the Stock Spec is a step above Tekin IMO.

Randy_Pike 11-09-2010 08:07 AM

With the latest 212 software you can tweak the "feel" to mimic any of the esc's on the market today. If you haven't tried your Tekin with 212 you're doing yourself a great injustice.

mxracer458 11-09-2010 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike (Post 8186657)
With the latest 212 software you can tweak the "feel" to mimic any of the esc's on the market today. If you haven't tried your Tekin with 212 you're doing yourself a great injustice.

Thanks,my tekin is on it's way to me