Wiki Posts
Search

lrp sxx stock spec vs lrp tc spec v2

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default lrp sxx stock spec vs lrp tc spec v2

i used to run 4wd mod and had my tc spec go out due to mech problems,lrp warrantied it and sent me the new version tc spec,well i know run stock truck,so im just curious to how big of a difference the two are in running stock class,right now i have my boost and feel at 9 on the tc spec and it runs good but i heard the stock spec is alot faster.this esc has two race days on it
Old 11-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Anyone?
Old 11-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

After much conversation with the LRP guys, the Stock Spec version is designed to be best with Stock motor applications (preprogrammed profiles are specifically designed for Stock racing and offers best timing advance). The TC Spec V2 does have mild timing advance programing profiles, but not designed to take full advantage of timing advance for stock applications (works great for Modified motors as it's designed for).
Hope this provides some info for you future racing efforts.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well my SXX TC v2 is 10 runs old, yes ten runs and only about 2 weeks old and it turned itself off and will not turn back on... now I have to send it back to associated and wait 1 month or so...
Old 11-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by memyselfandI
well my SXX TC v2 is 10 runs old, yes ten runs and only about 2 weeks old and it turned itself off and will not turn back on... now I have to send it back to associated and wait 1 month or so...
Sorry to hear it~ I have been running the SXX Stock Spec with a Duo 13.5 for a while now settings are 0-2-8-4 and it performs flawless. I just recently switched the Duo for a X12 13.5 and now run 0-1-3-3 and it is even faster. Been using this esc for about 3 months now in 2 wheel buggy.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by memyselfandI
MemyselfandI,
Mine did the same thing...thinking I set it correctly after reading through the instructions. I believe it was the lipo cutoff setting that was the issue. I had it set to the 2S setting and it needed to be on the "off" setting, fixed the problem and had no future issues. Kind of confusing to me at the time. hope it is remedied and they can get you out racing again soon.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default lrp esc shutting off

so ive had this tc spec and read about it. this is about a month old and never gave me issues till last nite, hhahaha i know this thread is old but one thing i read was it would take a month to receive one back from associated? wow that is a long time. i mean tekin would send me a new one within a week or 2. whats up with that? this things are sooooo damn expensive to begin with.

d