Wiki Posts
Search

Should I Switch To M11X ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Should I Switch To M11X ?

I currently have an Airtronics MX3-FG. I run mostly 1/8th Scale Electric, but occasionally run my Slash 4x4 as well as my Axial AX-10 Crawler. I race weekly and was just wondering if I switch, am I going to really notice any difference? I know it's got a lot of features that my MX3-FG doesn't have, but am I really going to notice any difference once it's in my hands and I'm running out on the track? If anyone has made the same or similar upgrade, please tell me what benefits you got from upgrading to the M11X. It's obviously not an inexpensive radio, so if I do this, I want to make sure it'll be worth it. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Really, nobody?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

M11x has a lot more features, most of which you'll probably never use. Some might come in handy for your crawler but I don't know much about crawlers so that's up to you. If you're wondering if you'll feel a difference in responsiveness, I highly doubt it. I just went from first gen spektrum
to futaba fasst and didn't notice anything other than not
getting shut down by the guys running m11x. I have friends that run the m11x and have driven their cars and they don't feel any
different than mine.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
M11x has a lot more features, most of which you'll probably never use. Some might come in handy for your crawler but I don't know much about crawlers so that's up to you. If you're wondering if you'll feel a difference in responsiveness, I highly doubt it. I just went from first gen spektrum
to futaba fasst and didn't notice anything other than not
getting shut down by the guys running m11x. I have friends that run the m11x and have driven their cars and they don't feel any
different than mine.
The M11X with the FSSH3 receivers is way more responsive and faster then most anything else on the market. I had a DX3R for a couple of years and was convinced that the M11X would not be faster or more precise, but I was dead wrong. The M11X is kinda large, but honestly after a week or so it is a very comfortable radio. I think it is the best radio on the market...

Plus you can put a Lipo or LiFe in the radio and it drops the weight a bit and makes time between charges much longer.

The Futaba is really nice too, but the receivers are way too big and in some vehicles this can be a real problem.