R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-10-2004, 09:37 PM   #16
Tech Addict

And tower hobbies stuffed there web site up last month. And I got a FT B4 for the same price as a standed one.

I drove my freinds losi and it felt it was harder to drive fast. But I am use to the B4.

But either way. They are both great cars.

Oh and i'm associated man.
Ybakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 09:56 PM   #17
Tech Regular

For sure...
I'm not bad mouthing ae-heck I own ae but...
both cars good

for competion-
Get the Losi!~

for bashing-
AE

I have to check out the ae FTK-so the jury is out for me!
Old 07-11-2004, 12:04 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Tower says they are out of the FT B4
Titan Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 03:49 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Out here the AE cars are king. If parts are easy to get for both, which they should be, see if you can drive them both. The new AE cars are great.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:14 PM   #20
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

threeEwes:

The B4 won the worlds in pretty much stock form against the field.

I will say this though, the losi looks like it has the most innovations over the previous version. But at the same time, makes you wonder why they needed all that?

Like I said, best way just flip the coin or go with the cheaper one, you can't go wrong with either.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:40 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Easton's B4 from the Worlds wasn't stock at all. No company will send their racers to the Worlds with stock cars.

Both cars have their benefits and drawbacks. No one on the internet can decide for you..and every time this question is asked, it turns into a flame war..so please refrain from any more "Losi vs. AE" threads.

That said..I am a Losi guy, and am always available to answer any questions anyone may have about Losi and their products; that's why our team exists, and we're all here to help.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:09 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Looked pretty stock to me, except of course for the super trick custom lead weights taped to the chassis....
Old 07-13-2004, 01:51 AM   #23
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to samd1559
Lightbulb

I think they are both good cars. But I think for some one just starting the rtr B4 is probley the way to go. The ae's are stronger than the losi's thats a plus for someone just starting out . I think for a pro I would say a losi.

Last edited by samd1559; 07-13-2004 at 02:02 AM.
samd1559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:41 AM   #24
Tech Elite

The Associated cars are NOT stronger than Losi's newest batch of vehicles. Both cars have their weak points but the B4 and T4 seem to be prone to breaking in newbie-style crashes.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:33 AM   #25
Tech Legend

Aaron Waldron:

Here is a quote from AE's site:

Quote:
. . . the B4 is the World Champion in near stock form . . .
From what I can tell, it looks like he added titanium turnbuckles for strength and of course the weights for balance I am assuming.

As for B4's and T4's breaking on light hits, I owned a T4 and drove it as hard as I could and I pretty much broke 1 arm and 1 front knuckle. Does the vehicle break, yeah it does but so does the Losi and pretty much any RC vehicle out there if you hit stuff.

And as I said before, its pretty much a flip of a coin between the vehicles. But if you want the vehicle that is closest to the current Factory Team specs but in a regular Team configuration, your best bet is the AE vehicles similar to the B4 that Won the Worlds.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:10 PM   #26
Tech Legend

here is more info from AE on the B4 at the Worlds that easton drove:

Quote:
It was all stock except for the front axles. Billy cut the threads off the front axles, then drilled and tapped the axles so that he could use a button head screw to hold the wheels on
Old 07-14-2004, 02:53 PM   #27
Tech Adept

I saw that AE offers a upgraded or revised front axle that is drilled like Jared did.
Titan Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:15 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah, the threaded front axles are stock on the FTB4 and available as an option, the only real advantage is that they are less likely to snag on pipes, if you were to go for the B4 the only upgrade you 'need' is the titanium turnbuckles, they should be about $20 a set, also remember that the graphite parts that come with the FTB4 are more likley to break in a crash that the plastic which will flex a little before breaking
goodez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:51 AM   #29
Tech Legend

I have also heard that drivers prefer to run the stock plastic chassis in alot of cases. Also, dogbones in the rear seems to be a hot ticket on some tracks.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:02 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by goodez
yeah, the threaded front axles are stock on the FTB4 and available as an option, the only real advantage is that they are less likely to snag on pipes
I guess a lot of B4 drivers switch the front knuckles and axles over to Losi parts...I guess the losi rims run truer than the AE rims. I've notices the rims are cracking on my B4, which is another reason for the swap. Also, you don't have to take the bearings out everytime you wash the tires/rims with the losi setup.

As far as breakage, I've got half a season on my B4, and I haven't broken a single part...knock on wood. Granted, it's not the FT, but it's taken some licks and keeps on tick'en! I had a BK1 previosly, and the only part I broke was a front axle and a rear ball stud, so the XXX is strong as well, in my opinion. I just feel like I'm faster with the B4.
https://www.facebook.com/ShamrockRC/
johnnyshore is offline   Reply With Quote