Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I want to race! Please help a newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would personally go for the sidewinder sc combo and use the $60 you save for a better servo and radio. I'm so anxious to try out one of those 4 pole cm36 motors. The mmpro is a nice esc though.

Stay away from the traxxas servos. For the same price you can get a really good used hitec. I have had nothing but problems with the 3 traxxas servos I've had. I've never had a problem with my hitecs or futabas.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Go with the TRX 2075. 125oz/in, digital...Cant go wrong. I never had one fail on me yet outta six or seven. But the Hitec HS625MG is a decent analog servo for around $35. I dont know what everyone here will say, but I found these servos ahwile back and have bought a few over the months and there very dependable and come with a 2 year warrenty. http://www.valuehobby.com/products.php?category_id=21 I found these being sold on RCU from a dealer and there excellent. They are fairly smooth, center well and havent had one fail yet.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Servo

Originally Posted by THEPISTONHEAD
So much good info! Thanks for the help......decisions, decisions.

Whats the best servo for the money???
On your servo you want to have a quick and descent amount of torque in which the Hitec 985 is an awesome servo for $60 Trust me the set up I posted on the last pg is the way to go. I tried 2 other systems before that 1 & not to mention all the cash.

On the radio sure you could find something on the bay to get you going but on the truck do it once.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go with the slash. I beat my 4wd one so bad and only thing i did was bent a shock shaft. Ill have to like up the video for my mega jumps.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King Cobra
Go with the slash. I beat my 4wd one so bad and only thing i did was bent a shock shaft. Ill have to like up the video for my mega jumps.
+1 it's "newbie" proof