Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Help can't decide Associated B44.1 or FT SC10! >

Help can't decide Associated B44.1 or FT SC10!

Help can't decide Associated B44.1 or FT SC10!

Old 10-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Help can't decide Associated B44.1 or FT SC10!

Any thoughts? I know the 4WD has more maintenance but thats ok , don't mind that. And I allready have the RTR SC10 that my son uses. Which do you guys think is more fun?
Old 10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE View Post
Any thoughts? I know the 4WD has more maintenance but thats ok , don't mind that. And I allready have the RTR SC10 that my son uses. Which do you guys think is more fun?
It really depends on what you think is fun. 4wd is very fast and nimble but breaks easier then other classes while the sc10 is not as hooked up but will take a beating and you dont have to drive it as nice. which one are you?

Also if you racing your local track might have more sc then 4wd so if you get the sc it might be a sure thing racing it where the 4wd is hit or miss sometimes.

I would go with the sc so both you and your son can bash when not at the track. but that just my .02 hope that helps.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

With the increasing popularity of electric 1/8th, 1/10 4wd is all but dead but stupid course is growing in popularity everyday (for the life of me I don't understand why!) so I would suggest the sc10 unless you have a strong 1/10 4wd class at your local track, very good driving skill, and a FAT wallet - in this case I would get the b44 because as someone else stated, there fast, nimble, fun, challenging, and break easy.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those are two completely different vehicles. So find someone that has both and see if they will let you drive it and see what you like better. But like both others had said 1/10th 4wd is a small class if any. On the other hand short course is a very popular class.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by msedsp View Post
With the increasing popularity of electric 1/8th, 1/10 4wd is all but dead but stupid course is growing in popularity everyday (for the life of me I don't understand why!) so I would suggest the sc10 unless you have a strong 1/10 4wd class at your local track, very good driving skill, and a FAT wallet - in this case I would get the b44 because as someone else stated, there fast, nimble, fun, challenging, and break easy.
Because SC is FUN FUN FUN!

Get a few SC's on the track and its a day of laughter!

One day we had a bunch of SC's and 1 4wd buggy. Mind you this was just a weekend with no racing on, just practice.

Each time the buggy was nudged, he would go off his head "Cmon CMON learn to drive bla bla bla....."
Old 10-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
Each time the buggy was nudged, he would go off his head "Cmon CMON learn to drive bla bla bla....."
That is why buggies don't race with sc trucks
Old 10-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I say buy both!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
Because SC is FUN FUN FUN!

Get a few SC's on the track and its a day of laughter!

One day we had a bunch of SC's and 1 4wd buggy. Mind you this was just a weekend with no racing on, just practice.

I gotta agree SC is a buncha laughs. I've always called it "mini cooper racing on dirt". The one time I raced my B4 buggy with the SC guys was even more comedy! I learned the hard way never try to rub lexan with a SC when driving an open wheeled car! Ever see a B4 get towed down the straight screamin and kicking by a SC truck?

To the OP. The most logical step is to see what vehicle is more popular at your local track. 4wd is fast as S#!T, and as far as breakage goes, well a 4wd can hit the wall WAAAY faster and harder than an SC truck. Imma look into an SC truck myself for this winter. A new local indoor track is opening up and the SC thing may be the ticket for me.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan Price View Post
I say buy both!
Funny, that crossed my mind Appreciate the comments guys but still undecided. I miss 1/10 touring indoor carpet so Im thinking 4WD Buggy is closer to that
Old 10-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE View Post
Funny, that crossed my mind Appreciate the comments guys but still undecided. I miss 1/10 touring indoor carpet so Im thinking 4WD Buggy is closer to that
besides the fact i want a b44 myself, i looked at your sig for my opinion - you don't have a b44 on there, but already list an sc10

B44.1!!!