Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
build an rc track in yard????? >

build an rc track in yard?????

build an rc track in yard?????

Old 10-26-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default build an rc track in yard?????

i want to build a rc track in my parents front yard. but.....there not so excited about it. now for me to just make a track without jumps and dirt,etc.... they wouldnt care. but to do it how i want it, how you should do it, nope. but just in case they change there minds, im going to take some pics of the yard where it would go. i got a huge deck that would be perfect for the drivers stand. im going to take measurements when it gets light outside. i will post the dimensions and pics here later. i already got a design drawn out. i can scan it and post it also. then any ideas where jumps,etc.... can go will be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

heres some pics. i want it to go along the ditch across to the deck. and from the edge of my driveway to the trees. i will put measurement here soon.
Attached Thumbnails build an rc track in yard?????-picture-003.jpg   build an rc track in yard?????-picture-004.jpg   build an rc track in yard?????-picture-005.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Addict

Default DO NOT DO IT

The cost and effort is better spent on new equipment etc. Find a local track and support them with your efforts and racing. Youll have a ton more fun
Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by uncle everett View Post
The cost and effort is better spent on new equipment etc. Find a local track and support them with your efforts and racing. Youll have a ton more fun
well its funny you say that. i live a few hundred feet from my local traxk,lol. check the pic. i just thought it would be fun for my son and i. i have an electric rustler and he has a 1/18 duratrax mini-quake. the measurements are 43ft. wide,ditch to deck. and 58ft. long, driveway to trees. besides, parents aren't most likely going to let it happen.
Attached Thumbnails build an rc track in yard?????-track-7-11-2010.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im sorry but i have to ask..............do you live at your parents house? uh with your son?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thaghost View Post
im sorry but i have to ask..............do you live at your parents house? uh with your son?
yea for the time being. i've been unemplyed for about a year and 5 months. i used to have an apartment then a town house about 6-7 years ago with my sons mom. but we broke up and went our own ways. i got full custody of our son. its cheaper to live here for now. sorry about all the info,lol.

Last edited by ckblood05; 10-26-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

as for the 6 inch tubing, theres a bunch of that at the track under the drivers stand. its just laying there. the people that own it are moving locations so there not gonna raxe there next year. or maintain the track. so all i would really need to buy is the 12" spikes. maybe i can do one in the back yard. its about 2-21/2 times bigger, plus no one could see it.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 197 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thaghost View Post
Originally Posted by ckblood05 View Post
yea for the time being. i've been unemplyed for about a year and 5 months. i used to have an apartment then a town house about 6-7 years ago with my sons mom. but we broke up and went our own ways. i got full custody of our son. its cheaper to live here for now. sorry about all the info,lol.
STAY AT HOME AS LONG AS YOU CAN... LIVE LIFE BE HAPPY! ENJOY YOUR SON AND RC TILL IT HURTS... LIFE IS SHORT! BUT I AGREE... JUST GO TO THE LOCAL TRACK AND SPEND YOUR $$$ ON A REAL RACER!!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
STAY AT HOME AS LONG AS YOU CAN... LIVE LIFE BE HAPPY! ENJOY YOUR SON AND RC TILL IT HURTS... LIFE IS SHORT! BUT I AGREE... JUST GO TO THE LOCAL TRACK AND SPEND YOUR $$$ ON A REAL RACER!!
lol yea i mean some people might think, god 30 years old and living with mommy and daddy. but i got it good here! pool table, my own room, 2-car garage heated and air conditioned! plus i only pay for my bills, credit cards, car insurance, etc.... and what ever my son needs. but yea, i think i'll just stick with the track thats right around the corner. theres a few people that help keeping it maintained including myself. for what it will cost in just the little things i need to buy to build it, i can finish my rustler and my sons mini-quake.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I agree with staying there as long as you need to if they are ok with it... I had a stint after getting out of the army I lived back at home... my parents are getting on in age so between the monetary and laborious help they loved it that I was there...

I would ask why the front yard over the back... we have a track at our home... and we didnt have a choice as to location as most of our property is in front of our house... but it seems like you may have some behind...

Definately good though that you are considering just helping at the local track... its a good thing to get involved with and your son will benefit with having the ability on going to the track when needed to play...
Old 10-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 506 (100%+)

You're not on several acres right? Seriously, a track in the front yard? You may as well buy an Airstream and park it in the middle of the track....
Old 10-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by orgnoi1 View Post
I agree with staying there as long as you need to if they are ok with it... I had a stint after getting out of the army I lived back at home... my parents are getting on in age so between the monetary and laborious help they loved it that I was there...

I would ask why the front yard over the back... we have a track at our home... and we didnt have a choice as to location as most of our property is in front of our house... but it seems like you may have some behind...

Definately good though that you are considering just helping at the local track... its a good thing to get involved with and your son will benefit with having the ability on going to the track when needed to play...
well, because of the big deck we got. for the drivers stand. but then again, it will probably only be my son and i. and theres trees in the back. but plenty of room to go around. and the dog's bathroom is in the back yard! lol. yup, i always clean up the track, sweep the pit lane, fill in holes,etc... i got a pretty good size amount in the back. yea my son loves these rc cars!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
You're not on several acres right? Seriously, a track in the front yard? You may as well buy an Airstream and park it in the middle of the track....
i wish! naw, no acres at all. i said the only reason i thought the front was because the deck. but right behind our house, theres a good size hill. that would be good to stand on and you can see the whole back yard. my son has a pretty big play set in the back. plus we got a burning pit about 10-15ft. in diameter. and we set up our pool in the back. but im sure i could lay out a cool track if i put my mind to it.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

check out www.oople.com
most tracks in the UK are grass tracks with wood jumps covered in astroturf which would be perfect for what you want to do.
I am also 30 and had to move back to my parents because of lack of work. Went back to college and work part time to pay the bills, no shame in that.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
check out www.oople.com
most tracks in the UK are grass tracks with wood jumps covered in astroturf which would be perfect for what you want to do.
I am also 30 and had to move back to my parents because of lack of work. Went back to college and work part time to pay the bills, no shame in that.
yea, i thought of just putting in some portable like jumps. its just running in the grass heats the motor and wears the batteries faster. i've been driving in the grass to the design i was going to do the track. but i would have to have the grass really short. or maybe once i get my lipos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service