SC-10

Reply

Old 10-25-2010, 09:12 PM
  #16  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150 View Post
I dont think its going to make much difference at a club level. I have a stock RTR SC10 and have raced and won against Factory Team Sc10's etc etc. You can throw all the money you want at this hobby but at a certain point its all driver speed and consistency, not your budget.
You must be a miracle driver.
FLYING BONES is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:31 PM
  #17  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
T-BirdJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Norwood, OH...and CCRCR and The OhioRCFactory
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FLYING BONES View Post
You must be a miracle driver.
Not really. The fastest guys at ThunderbirdJunkie's track have hacked together Rustler-chassis'd Slashes, one of which set a track record with a stuck shock, and one is running the stock XL5 gear.

All of these guys think ThunderbirdJunkie's SC10 is a miracle machine and an absolute dream to drive.

While they could easily beat their personal bests at the track with ThunderbirdJunkie's truck, a better truck does not a better driver make.
T-BirdJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:32 PM
  #18  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 77
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FLYING BONES View Post
You must be a miracle driver.
+1, factory team is a whole lot better.
j65mustang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:52 PM
  #19  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: RC Nutcase
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FLYING BONES View Post
You must be a miracle driver.
Well I aint one of those people who believe's that someone who is a average driver will get better over night by spending $650 on a FT SC10 with Tekin, Novak, 800C Lipos, a HV Servo that has 300+ OZ of torque in a SC (Ha), and throw in a DX3R (because since the DX3S means "Sport" it must be crap). Ha.

No offense but what I said previously is true. At the CLUB level, you CAN throw as much money at this hobby as you want but if you are not consistent and quick, the $300 difference you paid for the full blown FT package over the RTR is going to be worth nothing.

Now take two good to great drivers and put one with the RTR and one with the FT and you darn right there will be a difference. Like I said previously, Im talking CLUB level. The FT is a better truck based on specs.. I fully agree with that. But the RTR aint a piece of garbage by any means.

Im not a brand fan boy and Im not at all saying Im the fastest man alive by any means. Im just saying spending 2x the amount of money isnt going to make someone fast overnight. I choose not to spend that extra money and for someone just getting into it like the person who first started this thread, he should not feel pressured to buy a FT because a couple people say its "essential" and that the RTR is a POS.
Fleshgearf150 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:05 PM
  #20  
Tech Addict
 
henry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gladstone, MI
Posts: 524
Default

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150 View Post
Well I aint one of those people who believe's that someone who is a average driver will get better over night by spending $650 on a FT SC10 with Tekin, Novak, 800C Lipos, a HV Servo that has 300+ OZ of torque in a SC (Ha), and throw in a DX3R (because since the DX3S means "Sport" it must be crap). Ha.

No offense but what I said previously is true. At the CLUB level, you CAN throw as much money at this hobby as you want but if you are not consistent and quick, the $300 difference you paid for the full blown FT package over the RTR is going to be worth nothing.

Now take two good to great drivers and put one with the RTR and one with the FT and you darn right there will be a difference. Like I said previously, Im talking CLUB level. The FT is a better truck based on specs.. I fully agree with that. But the RTR aint a piece of garbage by any means.

Im not a brand fan boy and Im not at all saying Im the fastest man alive by any means. Im just saying spending 2x the amount of money isnt going to make someone fast overnight. I choose not to spend that extra money and for someone just getting into it like the person who first started this thread, he should not feel pressured to buy a FT because a couple people say its "essential" and that the RTR is a POS.
You bring up great points.

If a racer can't drive very well then it really doesn't matter what they're driving if someone is crashing a half-dozen times in a heat race. The crashes will just be more expensive.

Also, it's darn near pointless to go all out with the Factory Team truck if an individual doesn't at least have a rough idea of how to set the thing up. Money and equipment help but only between comparable decent drivers.

Unless you race at a very big track in a populous area that gets many high-end drivers, usually at a club the guys who crash the least and drive the smoothest do the best.

You can get outspent but more often than not you'll get out-practiced.
henry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:26 PM
  #21  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
D-Rek07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sadly moved to Tennessee
Posts: 815
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150 View Post
Well I aint one of those people who believe's that someone who is a average driver will get better over night by spending $650 on a FT SC10 with Tekin, Novak, 800C Lipos, a HV Servo that has 300+ OZ of torque in a SC (Ha), and throw in a DX3R (because since the DX3S means "Sport" it must be crap). Ha.

No offense but what I said previously is true. At the CLUB level, you CAN throw as much money at this hobby as you want but if you are not consistent and quick, the $300 difference you paid for the full blown FT package over the RTR is going to be worth nothing.

Now take two good to great drivers and put one with the RTR and one with the FT and you darn right there will be a difference. Like I said previously, Im talking CLUB level. The FT is a better truck based on specs.. I fully agree with that. But the RTR aint a piece of garbage by any means.

Im not a brand fan boy and Im not at all saying Im the fastest man alive by any means. Im just saying spending 2x the amount of money isnt going to make someone fast overnight. I choose not to spend that extra money and for someone just getting into it like the person who first started this thread, he should not feel pressured to buy a FT because a couple people say its "essential" and that the RTR is a POS.
Originally Posted by henry View Post
You bring up great points.

If a racer can't drive very well then it really doesn't matter what they're driving if someone is crashing a half-dozen times in a heat race. The crashes will just be more expensive.

Also, it's darn near pointless to go all out with the Factory Team truck if an individual doesn't at least have a rough idea of how to set the thing up. Money and equipment help but only between comparable decent drivers.

Unless you race at a very big track in a populous area that gets many high-end drivers, usually at a club the guys who crash the least and drive the smoothest do the best.

You can get outspent but more often than not you'll get out-practiced.
ABSOLUTELY!!!!! You can't expect to buy a good car a all of a sudden be the best. An rtr is great for a person just getting into it to see if they like it.
D-Rek07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:19 PM
  #22  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,081
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I'll agree, even for the above average club racer, with a good set-up on a RTR vs. a blinged out $1000 FT ride is there really more than about a .5 sec. a lap to be gained. You gotta be pretty good and want it real bad to pay the big bucks for half a second. I see too many guys walk in and see guys like me who have thousands in equipent and think that's what they need to compete, I try to tell them it's not needed and it has very little to do with how I run. I'm not great but would say better than average. In the end you have to be able to drive to make all the fancy stuff make ANY differenece. I often wonder why I spend all the money I do when my names not Ryan or Tebo
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:17 PM
  #23  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie View Post
Not really. The fastest guys at ThunderbirdJunkie's track have hacked together Rustler-chassis'd Slashes, one of which set a track record with a stuck shock, and one is running the stock XL5 gear.

All of these guys think ThunderbirdJunkie's SC10 is a miracle machine and an absolute dream to drive.

While they could easily beat their personal bests at the track with ThunderbirdJunkie's truck, a better truck does not a better driver make.
hey, why you gotta talk about people with rashes??? And yes, your truck drives better then my rash/slush/slandit.... and..... you break less parts.. Although I have NO idea how.... hehe

learn to go fast with a POS, that way, when you have a good ride... you will go that much faster.
meepers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:37 PM
  #24  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
T-BirdJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Norwood, OH...and CCRCR and The OhioRCFactory
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Hey, go do some more donuts on the straight before the main
T-BirdJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:02 PM
  #25  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Athens, Tennessee
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Just wondering if the Factory Team v2 shocks leak like the shocks found on the rtr verison?
Stone Adams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:10 AM
  #26  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,081
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Stone Adams View Post
Just wondering if the Factory Team v2 shocks leak like the shocks found on the rtr verison?
No, they are way better.
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service