Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
battery charging ? >

battery charging ?

battery charging ?

Old 10-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duster_360
I'd pull it off and go run it. Its as fully charged as that 8hr charger is going to get it. The real question is did it help that packs performance? You'll know that when you run it and whether this effort to recondition them did any good or not.

I would continue to charge at 4amps. Just make sure than this smaller pack is not getting too hot. It shouldn't get so hot that you can't hold it, it will be hot, should be 120-125F, but no more. If it is too hot and your charger doesn't let you select peak setting, then the smaller pack should be charged at 2amps - really needs to be 3amps, but thats not a option with your charger.
yea, i pulled it off and im letting it cool. i'll run it and see if theres a difference. yea, it gets warm, but not hot. sometime running it in my rustler it gets pretty warm. after i run the traxxas 3000 pack down and charge it at 4 amps, i''l check the temp when its done. thanks for everyones help!
Old 10-23-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckblood05
ok, im trying to re-cycle my 2 nimh batt's. im using my traxxas 8-hour charger. the first battery im doing is the 7-cell 3000mah traxxas pack. i plugged it in at 5:21p.m yesterday. the light turns red. its been 18 hours and the light is still red. on the charger it says for a 3000mah battery, 8 hours and the light turns green when complete. the pack is only warm, not hot at all. it was cool for hours and hours. then it started to get a little warm a few hours ago. i did run it down quite a bit to re-cycle it. is this ok to keep charging this long? if it takes this long for a 3000mah, its gonna take forever for my venom 5000mah pack next
You are on the right track , and are doing the best thing possible for your packs. After the 8 hr mark it should be restarted since it was almost full and probably didn't get the cells balanced. Another couple of hrs would probably do it. The 5000 will take twice as long. (specs on the charger would help with the math and time)
Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gulio
You are on the right track , and are doing the best thing possible for your packs. After the 8 hr mark it should be restarted since it was almost full and probably didn't get the cells balanced. Another couple of hrs would probably do it. The 5000 will take twice as long. (specs on the charger would help with the math and time)
yea, i think so to. well i did everything stated in the other posts. and i charged both packs at 4 amps after doing all the slow low amp charges. now i gotta see how the packs perform.