Wiki Posts
Search

Wanting to pull the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by msedsp
2 slashes, you can race togeather, you can help teach him how to tune, dads truck will always be there in the (rare) case son breaks a part and there's none for sale at the track. Besides the slash can usually hang with any "race" truck out there so you'll still be able to be competetive when racing, and it's always upgradeable.

Oh yea, I forgot - get the 2.4g, there's no good reason not to.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I can't say from my experience that the Slash is indestructible. Both my son and my gf's son started racing Slashes last year. In box stock form there was always something breaking on them almost every race day. Each broken part was replaced with the RPM upgrade which only spread the breakage along to another part. I had a ton of money tied up in them before they were dependable. After winter racing was over(and a Class Championship for my son) I cut my losses, sold them and switched to the Blitz RTR in early spring this year. Still to this day not one chassis part has broken on the Blitz. Not only that but the Blitz handles so much better then the Slash the boys could drive faster and harder yet no DNFs.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I stopped reading all the replies to topics like this, I read YOUR post and will simply say buy 2 Slashes, sell it to wife however you want but in the long run it will be cheaper and is simply better quality than Duracrap. my $1.57
Old 10-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for all the post,,,,just placed the order for 2 Traxxas. Can't wait to see his face at X-mas!!

Thanks again!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgauger
Thanks for all the post,,,,just placed the order for 2 Traxxas. Can't wait to see his face at X-mas!!

Thanks again!!!
Nice part is that you can set it to training mode and he only gets 50% throttle which will help him get the hang of it.

Really gonna make him...and you wait 2 months to play??? you might just be Scrooge not Ol' Saint Nick...rofl
Old 10-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by racer1812
Nice part is that you can set it to training mode and he only gets 50% throttle which will help him get the hang of it.

Really gonna make him...and you wait 2 months to play??? you might just be Scrooge not Ol' Saint Nick...rofl

Yes 50% thottle training mode but just keep an eye out for the brakes for your son, my son is 4yrs old he was not able to use his finger to brakes and reverse , so I used a 4200 Sidewinder BL system and programed the drag brakes at 70% for him , my son has foward control the breaking was hard for him, drag brakes helps the car from hitting him or me
Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgauger

Thanks again!!!
Good choice! I had a Slash and loved it. I personally would of gone with a Blitz because I race, but both are great vehicles.

One upgrade a recommend getting soon. Would be rear carriers from RPM. That was the one part I did break a few times before I went the RPM ones. Plus they have a life time warranty on the RPM parts. I work at a hobby store, and the only RPM parts I have seen break in 2 1/2 years is a wheel, but they replaced it.

Here is a link to the part:
http://cloudclimberhobbies.com/store.../RPM80382%2C-/

RPM parts are the bomb for this truck. If you break a stock part, and RPM has a upgrade of that part. Put it on a most likely you will not break it again.