Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I hate my sc10

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default I hate my sc10

After buying my sc10 for bashing here in Sydney on the football field and out the front of house i was at first over the moon, now really pissed and truly hate it. Ive broken the front arms, bent turnbuckle, front c hub, rear hub carrier and the on/off switch dislodged and gone missing, the idler gear melted/stripped. Also had to rebuild the shocks due to being faulty on delivery. Now today after replacing the broken rear hub carrier the esc seems to be cactus . Ive had maybe 2 or 3 trouble free days in 2 months where i could run 3 packs in a day. It close to getting thrown off the 4th floor balcony. I haven't abused it at all the breakages are from it rolling over and tumbling not running into anything. Now i have to wait for more shit to come from Overseas to replace this broken esc. I wouldn't be so pissed off if i could walk into my lhs in Sydney but there all way overpriced and carry nothing in stock. end rant
Old 10-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grundor
After buying my sc10 for bashing here in Sydney on the football field and out the front of house i was at first over the moon, now really pissed and truly hate it. Ive broken the front arms, bent turnbuckle, front c hub, rear hub carrier and the on/off switch dislodged and gone missing, the idler gear melted/stripped. Also had to rebuild the shocks due to being faulty on delivery. Now today after replacing the broken rear hub carrier the esc seems to be cactus . Ive had maybe 2 or 3 trouble free days in 2 months where i could run 3 packs in a day. It close to getting thrown off the 4th floor balcony. I haven't abused it at all the breakages are from it rolling over and tumbling not running into anything. Now i have to wait for more shit to come from Overseas to replace this broken esc. I wouldn't be so pissed off if i could walk into my lhs in Sydney but there all way overpriced and carry nothing in stock. end rant
I'll be nice and simply say it's YOU not the truck, these things don't break on their own, and you say you haven't abused it you almost made me blow beer out my nose.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Poor SC10
Old 10-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Stop chasing dingos through the outback......... you have gotta be beating the shit out of it. My ten year old has one and crashes and has only broken the front bumper support. I have seen kids at the track cartwheel and rollover numerous times,shit one kid flew off the track and still haven't broke like yours.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bajabro
Stop chasing dingos through the outback......... you have gotta be beating the shit out of it. My ten year old has one and crashes and has only broken the front bumper support. I have seen kids at the track cartwheel and rollover numerous times,shit one kid flew off the track and still haven't broke like yours.
A dingo ate my durabilty

I must have just gotta dud. Might just order the ft and start all over again.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Give ya $50 shipped for it

The SC10's been a great truck for ThunderbirdJunkie. The problem is probably that you bought one Ready To Rebuild.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not sure what to tellyou. Just never heard of one breaking up that much. Maybe try a traxxas slash. They seem to be more bashable then the sc10 is.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was gonna say, if you're getting something to pound on, the SC10 is one of the last things I'd have considered.

Shoulda got a Slash. Tough as anvils and if you do manage to break it, you can fix pretty much anything with a screwdriver and a hammer.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
I was gonna say, if you're getting something to pound on, the SC10 is one of the last things I'd have considered.

Shoulda got a Slash. Tough as anvils and if you do manage to break it, you can fix pretty much anything with a screwdriver and a hammer.
Dunno about that, man. There's a reason ThunderbirdJunkie's buddy's Slash breaks more often than ThunderbirdJunkie's SC10.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
Dunno about that, man. There's a reason ThunderbirdJunkie's buddy's Slash breaks more often than ThunderbirdJunkie's SC10.
horseteeth likes how thunderbirdjunkie refers to himself in third person all the time.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

Smokey hates traffic lights.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I doubt its the trucks fail. Operator error??? I have been racing three sc 10's for almost two years. Haven't broken a thing yet.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
I would agree. The SC10 isn't necessarily fragile but it is definitely the least durable SC race truck.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Would not say least durable but bashing and anything sc truck should not be used in the same sentence. Except the Slash, maybe. And if you do bash, buy some parts before hand.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SC10

When I bought a new SC10, didnt have a problem for a year. only front bulkhead broke from racing. thats it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.