Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

B44.1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Okay I am on a keyboard now. If your running a hot mod 30 minutes is going to be a tough time to hit. You might at 120/130 degrees but you will most likely need a 13.5 10.5 geared perfect.
The heat is bad on the motor at high temps and to many thermals will ruin your electronics. And dumping lipos will end up with a bad cell over time. I dump mine down to 7.75 in a 10/15 minute run and keeping peak temp of 120/130 is hard to achieve over that amount of time in race set ups.
If ya pull it off post up your settings and motor gearing.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I guess my setup does qualify for fairly high end. I'll just see how things go and maybe pickup a couple extra sets of batteries. At the moment I'm waiting till monday to call AE to get one of the rear A arm shims that was missing from my kit. On the plus side I've got everything installed short of the shocks and tires.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by forcewave
I guess my setup does qualify for fairly high end. I'll just see how things go and maybe pickup a couple extra sets of batteries. At the moment I'm waiting till monday to call AE to get one of the rear A arm shims that was missing from my kit. On the plus side I've got everything installed short of the shocks and tires.
I'm not much of a wizard on battery specs and the over all math of them, but if you get like a 6000 mah 20c you may be able to reach some 30 minute run times. If you just want to pound the ground with it check out the Gen Ace packs there cheap and I think you can get a lower C with higher MAH. For Bashing. The lower C rating should help it run cooler. The Gen Ace packs are around 40/60 bucks to.
Watch the motor temps and ESC temps get the gearing correct and you will be fine either way.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nhraman
Wow, that was quick!! I was trying to figure out if it was best to run the motor wires over or under the top deck. I'm also trying to find a short sensor cable, any ideas?
TQ Racing sells sensor wires from 50mm to 275mm. I run a 70mm out the back of my R10 to my motor and it fits perfectly. Motor wires are run under the top deck. Plenty of room.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default having trouble with my set up

So i have been having trouble with my 44.1 at the track. it is a medium sized track made of a clay/dirt mix that is washed out pretty badly. it is very hard to jump on this track due to that fact. the jumps are fairly big. its got one double with the landing on a table top and then into another double followed by a big tripple and then one more double. the jumps are bordering on 1/8th scale to be honest.I have upped my shock oil weight to 32.5 in the front and 37.5 in the rear,raising the ride height up to around 27-28 mm with the same effect. I am somewhat of a nube but i know ive got to stay on the throttle when jumping with this beast. I have also got the 87g ballast weight and even put another half ounce right in front of the tower to help combat this problem. and im getting tired of braking stuff. I broke both of my diff housings, front arms and cracked both of my towers trying to figure this out. any advice would I think help.

thanks,

klops
Old 03-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klopsided6r
So i have been having trouble with my 44.1 at the track. it is a medium sized track made of a clay/dirt mix that is washed out pretty badly. it is very hard to jump on this track due to that fact. the jumps are fairly big. its got one double with the landing on a table top and then into another double followed by a big tripple and then one more double. the jumps are bordering on 1/8th scale to be honest.I have upped my shock oil weight to 32.5 in the front and 37.5 in the rear,raising the ride height up to around 27-28 mm with the same effect. I am somewhat of a nube but i know ive got to stay on the throttle when jumping with this beast. I have also got the 87g ballast weight and even put another half ounce right in front of the tower to help combat this problem. and im getting tired of braking stuff. I broke both of my diff housings, front arms and cracked both of my towers trying to figure this out. any advice would I think help.

thanks,

klops
Can you explain the exact problem in more detail?
What motor are you running? gearing?
Most of the setups I have seen run the thicker oil in front not the rear.?.?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by burgboyz
Can you explain the exact problem in more detail?
What motor are you running? gearing?
Most of the setups I have seen run the thicker oil in front not the rear.?.?
sorry about lack of description. my nose dives after taking off of the lip of the jumps causing me to wreck, look like a dumb ass and break stuff.. I dont really mind looking like a dumbass cus im a relative nube but it gets emberrasing . I ran thicker oil in back because of the nose diving problem.I was trying to add a little pack thinking that the nose dive problem was caused by chassis slap. I also laid the shocks down front and rear (inner holes on the towers and outer holes on the armsto try and make more stable.) didn't really want to tweak the front too much as far as oils go. the motor is a hobbywing 9 turn 4300 kv the gearing is 18/84. I accidently bought an 84 instead of an 81 so I will be switching back relatively soon. if there is anything else you need to know let me know. oh yeah I went and bought some mip bypass1 pistons to help cure the problem. I almost actually bought kyosho big bores as well...

thanks

klops
Old 03-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A car itself jump doesn't jump bad. As long as your car is setup properly(nothin weird) it's all about driving. Now it can be an esc setting problem if your brakes or drag brakes are set too high.

Your a noob so I'll give ya some advice from a 20 year vet. Driving is 90% of rc. Practice driving... Put the kit setup in your car down to a" T" don't skip anything. Make sure your Esc settings are correct, smooth brakes and throttle and. Just practice driving!!! 4whl is very sensitive to throttle/brake inputs! Throttle brings the nose up/ brakes bring the nose down. Typically letting off the gas too soon on a jump causes the nose to dive in the air.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by aeRayls
A car itself jump doesn't jump bad. As long as your car is setup properly(nothin weird) it's all about driving. Now it can be an esc setting problem if your brakes or drag brakes are set too high.

Your a noob so I'll give ya some advice from a 20 year vet. Driving is 90% of rc. Practice driving... Put the kit setup in your car down to a" T" don't skip anything. Make sure your Esc settings are correct, smooth brakes and throttle and. Just practice driving!!! 4whl is very sensitive to throttle/brake inputs! Throttle brings the nose up/ brakes bring the nose down. Typically letting off the gas too soon on a jump causes the nose to dive in the air.
+ 1. Build it to the T box set up. Then you have some thing to work with. Don't run any drag brake. To much will cause a nose plant. Moving the lower position of the shocks out will make it jump stupid to.

Try the box stock oils first with the 87g ballast. Don't get away from the stock set up other than the oils.
If the track is real bumpy try some losi 25 in the rear with 35 losi in the front. No weights. If your running 25 35 AE run the weights. 87g. If its bumpy then the stiffer oil will make it unstable. Good luck and keep us informed.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klopsided6r
sorry about lack of description. my nose dives after taking off of the lip of the jumps causing me to wreck, look like a dumb ass and break stuff.. I dont really mind looking like a dumbass cus im a relative nube but it gets emberrasing . I ran thicker oil in back because of the nose diving problem.I was trying to add a little pack thinking that the nose dive problem was caused by chassis slap. I also laid the shocks down front and rear (inner holes on the towers and outer holes on the armsto try and make more stable.) didn't really want to tweak the front too much as far as oils go. the motor is a hobbywing 9 turn 4300 kv the gearing is 18/84. I accidently bought an 84 instead of an 81 so I will be switching back relatively soon. if there is anything else you need to know let me know. oh yeah I went and bought some mip bypass1 pistons to help cure the problem. I almost actually bought kyosho big bores as well...

thanks

klops
Are you the only car that is having problems with the nose diving? If the face of the jumps are messed up it can cause the rear of the car to kick up and then nose dive. Are 2WD buggies handling these jumps ok? I would ask some one experienced at the track if they could help you out. Someone with experience could probably pinpoint a problem pretty quickly.

Good luck.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bike racer
Are you the only car that is having problems with the nose diving? If the face of the jumps are messed up it can cause the rear of the car to kick up and then nose dive. Are 2WD buggies handling these jumps ok? I would ask some one experienced at the track if they could help you out. Someone with experience could probably pinpoint a problem pretty quickly.

Good luck.
yes, all the 2wd guys are flying smooth through every part of the track. I have driven a 2wd there that is dialed and it handled great. I know that the 2wd and 4wd are completely different beasts but there is something to learn from watching and asking, and I do, but get silly generic answers as if there not sure or dont want to tell me. I doubt they dont want to help, I think they just dont think they know. I could hit one part of the jump with throttle(the doubble to the table top) and be fine and then ide hit the middle where theres most trafic and it was as if there was no jump and just hit the lip of the able top and roll. all of the short coursers were hitting it no problem.. it was frustrating the hell out of me. and to boot, going through the woops and s turns the car handled great. i didnt understand. my car was soo inconsistant. pissed me off.,
Old 03-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It took me a while to get used to throttle control on my first 4wd car. You have so much control of attitude since you have 4 tires under power and a lot of motor. It is all about throttle control in the air. You can not let off the throttle in the air (especially if you have drag brake) because the nose will drop. You should also not have any trouble getting the nose up by using some throttle inputs.

I would do what others have said on here. Go to the box set-up as it is very good and practice driving it. You might also give your car to an experienced driver and have them wheel it around the track. If they have troubles, then you may actually have a problem, but I don't think it will be the box set-up. It would be more likely to be an ESC issue regarding throttle and brake settings.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Has anyone tried running the Losi or Kyosho BB springs with any success? I'm going to try Losi White rears and Losi Blue fronts to start off with. I also have yellow / green I might play with as well.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nhraman
Has anyone tried running the Losi or Kyosho BB springs with any success? I'm going to try Losi White rears and Losi Blue fronts to start off with. I also have yellow / green I might play with as well.
I did, took them back off, start out with green front white rear..
Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastchvy
I did, took them back off, start out with green front white rear..
I take it you didn't like them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.