R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   B44.1 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/441523-b44-1-thread.html)

adir 06-11-2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Big Lee (Post 10845090)
Ok guys, a question from left field. I've been racing the B44.1 for a few months now, Is it comon for the rear suspention in these things to not have a lot of spring back ? I'm still running stock setup, but the ass end sits down, and if you push down on it, it doesn't spring back very high, not even to level arms if it is just sitting there. It handles fine imo. When you brake hard the ass end doesn't try climbing up, it stays pretty level. The front ent moves up and down freely, but the ass end stay's pretty nuetral. Is this fairly common. Just wanna know if I should be trying to fix something, or winding the collars down a bit. What of it's driving characteristics would this be affecting. In my mind, if I got the ass end to be a bit more springy by wind down the collars it might allow for a bit more on power steering before understeer kicks in.

first of all take you'r Wheels and shocks out.
and check thet the Suspension go very freely without any jammed...
if its all free, then check the shocks,Probably you need to change the oil if you didnt do that for few months, the shock oil burn out with alot of dirt in it.
that's make the shock work's not proper.
another thing, Always check the Ride height with ride height gage.

ALIEN3T 06-11-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by zipperfoot (Post 10839518)
Amainhobbies prices:

Losi spring cup set $7.29
Traxxas collars $5.58
Losi springs rear $4.59
Losi springs front $4.59

Equals $22.05

You can convert your shocks now and enjoy the benefits for less than the price of going to the movies!

I take a family of 4 to the movies for less than that, And thats new releases.

Well true for the parts for going BB springs, But some people lookng for big bore shock bodies, and associated is working on full bb shocks kits for the rest fo the 1/10th scale line up.

rigor 06-11-2012 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Big Lee (Post 10845090)
Ok guys, a question from left field. I've been racing the B44.1 for a few months now, Is it comon for the rear suspention in these things to not have a lot of spring back ? I'm still running stock setup, but the ass end sits down, and if you push down on it, it doesn't spring back very high, not even to level arms if it is just sitting there. It handles fine imo. When you brake hard the ass end doesn't try climbing up, it stays pretty level. The front ent moves up and down freely, but the ass end stay's pretty nuetral. Is this fairly common. Just wanna know if I should be trying to fix something, or winding the collars down a bit. What of it's driving characteristics would this be affecting. In my mind, if I got the ass end to be a bit more springy by wind down the collars it might allow for a bit more on power steering before understeer kicks in.

Are you running the ballast weight? I recently took some tuning advise from another local who's car was quite dialed, and I prefer the car w/o it... At least for now, and on my local tracks with lots of jumps.

EvanAZ 06-12-2012 06:26 AM

Anyone have a direct contact to STRC, I have a broken steering rack and only need a single part and don't want to order another complete kit.

It's going on 2 weeks with multiple attempts at contacting on their site and at customer service at strc.com

Still NO REPLY...

rigor 06-12-2012 11:49 AM

Anyone double up the rear shock tower ? Is it even possible with the way the rear the rear shock mount braces into the rear gear box ?

Pretty certain why sustained damage and consequently broke after getting a good hit from a SC driver not paying attention :(

rickybobbyxxx 06-12-2012 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by rigor (Post 10851290)
Anyone double up the rear shock tower ? Is it even possible with the way the rear the rear shock mount braces into the rear gear box ?

Pretty certain why sustained damage and consequently broke after getting a good hit from a SC driver not paying attention :(

Im using the extreme racing carbon fibre towers fr and rear,they are 4 mm and iv never broke one ,they seem pretty solid

toronto_rc 06-12-2012 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx (Post 10851449)
Im using the extreme racing carbon fibre towers fr and rear,they are 4 mm and iv never broke one ,they seem pretty solid

i recently bought Extreme Racing 4mm towers for front and rear.
they're quite thick and look like they can take some abuse.
practiced about 4 days with them and so far so good after some pretty bad crashes.
the only thing is finding them in stock...not sure if they make them anymore.
i had to get them in the camouflage pattern because i couldn't find the normal black carbon fibre anywhere.

rigor 06-12-2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by toronto_rc (Post 10851750)
i recently bought Extreme Racing 4mm towers for front and rear.
they're quite thick and look like they can take some abuse.
practiced about 4 days with them and so far so good after some pretty bad crashes.
the only thing is finding them in stock...not sure if they make them anymore.
i had to get them in the camouflage pattern because i couldn't find the normal black carbon fibre anywhere.

AMain has em all in stock.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...+tower&x=0&y=0

Is the stock AE one not 4mm ? Looks the same to me as the front AE shock tower, which I know is now 4mm with the .1 kit.

rickybobbyxxx 06-12-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by rigor (Post 10852064)

Is the stock AE one not 4mm ? Looks the same to me as the front AE shock tower, which I know is now 4mm with the .1 kit.

YeA i think stock is 4mm fr 3mm rear, iv only broke the rears though, but i replaced both just to be safe and they have survived some bad crashes so far

CT RACER 06-12-2012 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by rigor (Post 10852064)

It's 3mm front and rear for the .1 kit.

rigor 06-12-2012 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by CT RACER (Post 10852168)
It's 3mm front and rear for the .1 kit.

Team Associated's page for the .1 kit says otherwise.
http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a.../Factory_Team/

"New Heavy Duty 3.5mm thick carbon-fiber front shock tower"

So I guess that means the stock AE rear is most likely only 3mm.

zipperfoot 06-12-2012 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dias (Post 10839963)
Can you list the part numbers on this? Just want to be sure I get the appropriate items.

Losi spring cup set $7.29 tlr5095
Traxxas collars $5.58 tra3768
Losi springs front $4.59 part # depends on color Blue tlr5176
Losi springs rear $4.59 part # depends on color yellow tlr5167

I prefer the losi shock bottoms, better quality and fit than the traxxas, but you could save another 7.29 by using only the traxxas parts.

I also take it one step further and use the losi shock eyelets that come with the Losi kit. They seem a little more durable than the AE ones and obviously fit the Losi bottom cups perfectly.

JEFFs SC10 06-12-2012 05:16 PM

If anyone is selling please let me know.

79kmc 06-13-2012 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by EvanAZ (Post 10850098)
Anyone have a direct contact to STRC, I have a broken steering rack and only need a single part and don't want to order another complete kit.

It's going on 2 weeks with multiple attempts at contacting on their site and at customer service at strc.com

Still NO REPLY...

Does the steering rack on the sc10,b4 and t4 fit the b44.1

JakeC351 06-13-2012 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by 79kmc (Post 10854514)
Does the steering rack on the sc10,b4 and t4 fit the b44.1

no it does not fit

Dias 06-13-2012 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by zipperfoot (Post 10852471)
Losi spring cup set $7.29 tlr5095
Traxxas collars $5.58 tra3768
Losi springs front $4.59 part # depends on color Blue tlr5176
Losi springs rear $4.59 part # depends on color yellow tlr5167

I prefer the losi shock bottoms, better quality and fit than the traxxas, but you could save another 7.29 by using only the traxxas parts.

I also take it one step further and use the losi shock eyelets that come with the Losi kit. They seem a little more durable than the AE ones and obviously fit the Losi bottom cups perfectly.

First, thank you for the response

Does the Losi spring cup set include the shock bottoms or is it a separate item?

Also, what oil weight are people using? Im running 35 in front and 30 in rear with stock setup now, how big a difference will it make when I swap to BB springs?

zipperfoot 06-13-2012 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dias (Post 10854875)
First, thank you for the response

Does the Losi spring cup set include the shock bottoms or is it a separate item?

Also, what oil weight are people using? Im running 35 in front and 30 in rear with stock setup now, how big a difference will it make when I swap to BB springs?

Losi spring cups and shock bottoms come together.

Still working on the set up. Cant comment on the difference or the oil. The fact that the bb springs dont rub the shock bodies is worth the price of admission for me. I can tell you the bb springs did wonders for my b4.1 worlds. Stable, more predictable, less hopping and wandering. Very happy with the outcome.

micholix 06-13-2012 10:18 PM

Hallo,

I'm new registrated in this forum.
I just have bougth an old b44, with quite a view FT parts and updates on it.
Is it worth to upgrade to the FT shocks, or do you think, ther will comming soon new BBs from AE, or even a new B44.2?
I reasambled the car now for a rebuild?

PS.: sorry for my bad english, ist quit a long time ago, that i spoke or wrote...:blush:

Dias 06-14-2012 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by zipperfoot (Post 10856525)
Losi spring cups and shock bottoms come together.

Still working on the set up. Cant comment on the difference or the oil. The fact that the bb springs dont rub the shock bodies is worth the price of admission for me. I can tell you the bb springs did wonders for my b4.1 worlds. Stable, more predictable, less hopping and wandering. Very happy with the outcome.

Excellent.

I'll be setting these up on both my B44.1 and my B4.1.

I'll post what I think from my limited experience overall. :)

79kmc 06-14-2012 06:21 AM

Can anyone tell me where i can get the alloy steering rack from for my 44.1, i had a look on the strc site and they only have them for the sc10,b4 and t4 i can't find it anywhere.

ALIEN3T 06-14-2012 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by micholix (Post 10857860)
Hallo,

I'm new registrated in this forum.
I just have bougth an old b44, with quite a view FT parts and updates on it.
Is it worth to upgrade to the FT shocks, or do you think, ther will comming soon new BBs from AE, or even a new B44.2?
I reasambled the car now for a rebuild?

PS.: sorry for my bad english, ist quit a long time ago, that i spoke or wrote...:blush:

You can run BB spring kits liek the people here are. BUt ASSociated is working on a BB kit fo rall there 1/10th scale. When will release who knows.

You should have Version 1 Factory shocks on there, IF you want the newer ones, Should onyl be a shock body change. OR a fewpages back, a member is running Yokomo BB shocks, and a link to where he got them.

micholix 06-14-2012 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by ALIEN3T (Post 10859374)
You can run BB spring kits liek the people here are. BUt ASSociated is working on a BB kit fo rall there 1/10th scale. When will release who knows.

You should have Version 1 Factory shocks on there, IF you want the newer ones, Should onyl be a shock body change. OR a fewpages back, a member is running Yokomo BB shocks, and a link to where he got them.

Thanks for the fast answer, the Yokomo Shocks look realy nice, my LHS have them in stock, but no spareparts and they are quite expensive! 75 euro for the set front and the same for the rear.
Yes, i have the V1 Factory shocks and i will give them a try and wait for the AE BB.
Any tips for the rebuilt, for what i have to look?

beedee 06-14-2012 08:19 PM

what is the overall general consensus on the b44?

about me, im driving a b4.1, usually once a week at an indoor clay track in so. cal. i've raced once, but just enjoy being a weekend warrior more. i came off driving a 2wd sc10, and it was fun, but i do enjoy the finesse and precision of a buggy more.

i've been looking to delve into the 4x4 world, but don't really want to go 8th scale, or 4x4 sc10. driving my b4.1 has taught me how to drive with finesse, and when to dive under someone and when to hold back and not risk a crash. there is just something sexy about a buggy flying across a triple that i really love!

i'm just looking for more reasons to get a b44.1, or reasons not to, lol. are broken a-arms the most common repair with these? do the difs require more maintenance than usual?

P-Air-> 06-14-2012 09:24 PM

Aluminum alloy st for B44.1 steering

79KMC... You can get them on e-bay for 18 bucks... Since I'm a newbie on this forum I can't post the URL. Do a search on e-bay for Aluminum Alloy Steering Assembly for Associated B44. There is a seller with a store called goodsgood that has them in blue, and another named RCDamper that has it in silver at Bargain RC&Toys Store for 16.99. (this store is in Hong Kong though...

blown sv 06-15-2012 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by beedee (Post 10861893)

about me, im driving a b4.1, usually once a week at an indoor clay track in so. cal. i've raced once, but just enjoy being a weekend warrior more. i came off driving a 2wd sc10, and it was fun, but i do enjoy the finesse and precision of a buggy more.

i've been looking to delve into the 4x4 world, but don't really want to go 8th scale, or 4x4 sc10. driving my b4.1 has taught me how to drive with finesse, and when to dive under someone and when to hold back and not risk a crash. there is just something sexy about a buggy flying across a triple that i really love!

i'm just looking for more reasons to get a b44.1, or reasons not to, lol. are broken a-arms the most common repair with these? do the difs require more maintenance than usual?

All the reasons you need are on red rc every day , the AE B44.1 is undoubtably the best 1/10 buggy on the market.
That's all you need to know. :)

79kmc 06-15-2012 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by P-Air-> (Post 10862120)
79KMC... You can get them on e-bay for 18 bucks... Since I'm a newbie on this forum I can't post the URL. Do a search on e-bay for Aluminum Alloy Steering Assembly for Associated B44. There is a seller with a store called goodsgood that has them in blue, and another named RCDamper that has it in silver at Bargain RC&Toys Store for 16.99. (this store is in Hong Kong though...

Thanks for the reply

zipperfoot 06-15-2012 07:14 AM

I spent a fair amount of time with 4wd buggies in the past. Unfortunately the 2wd buggy class is huge in most areas i visit so i spend most of my time racing 2wd, but for me the 4wd 44.1 is a lot more fun. Driving a 4wd is pretty much a point and shoot experience. You can brake hard, take turns on power, and pretty much muscle your way around the track with all that traction. The 2wd is more about finesse. Both are fun in their own way, but If i had to choose, i would pick 4wd over 2wd every time.

I have broken front shock shafts and front arms so keep spares. But since going to the big bore springs i have not broken either. As far as the diff, i service the diff in my 2wd twice as often as i do the 4wd. Pretty reliable in that regard.

ALIEN3T 06-15-2012 08:42 AM

Mine is a b44 but with 44.1 shocks and motor mount. frotn tower, and chassis are the things i dont have. I use mine fo rplay at the track, love how it handles. I am only running a 10.5 but i can clear everything, i have the wrong tires for the track, (but running a sc10, and in charge fo my sons sc10 are usually focused first). but still handles great out of the box. I cna only imagine a good 7.5 good tires, and time spent tunning be even better. I have crashed flipped hit other cars. Only issues i have had are forgot to loctite a set screw in the slipper, and 1 pesky ball cup, and front left wheel nut coming off. this is with about 10 runs fo full battery packs in practice. on a track using 1.8 scale also. and im not a real good driver.

beedee 06-15-2012 03:31 PM

Thanks for all of the feedback guys, it is much appreciated!

zipperfoot 06-16-2012 06:18 PM

I'd like to see how you guys wire up your cars. Here is mine.

B.A. Racer 06-16-2012 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by zipperfoot (Post 10868410)

it might just be me but your it looks like your tires are mounted opposite of each other...

adir 06-16-2012 06:57 PM

Can someone pliz help
Me bait more on this thread ?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ringy-esc.html

I will be grateful ...

TJMac 06-16-2012 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by B.A. Racer (Post 10868471)
it might just be me but your it looks like your tires are mounted opposite of each other...

Good eye!

zipperfoot 06-16-2012 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by B.A. Racer (Post 10868471)

Nope just an optical illusion. I bought the car used and it came with these wheels and tires. Calibers front and rear. It seems to me whoever had the car stuffed oversized foams into the tires. They are about a halh inch taller than any other tires i have. But thats ok i am just using them on dry track until they wear out. I am not racing the car right now, the tires are fine for practice. They seem to be lasting a long time.

Edit: ya your right! Treads are going opposite. Did not notice until i looked at the picture. But like i said practice tires, and they came with the car. I wouldnt race with them.

zipperfoot 06-16-2012 09:04 PM

fastchvy 06-16-2012 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by zipperfoot (Post 10868410)

Looks great....

FACTORYBUTNOT 06-17-2012 07:34 AM

Beedee-I've been racing a B44 variant since it came out...BJ4...BJ4 Worlds...B44...B44.1. The B44.1 is very durable! The only thing I occasionally break are rear end gears...but I run my slipper tight at WC due to the high traction. There has been a 4whl class lately at WC on Sundays and will probably continue until the Nationals in August!

I just added Avid Big Bore springs and Dayum!

STi foreva...

JG

tkge 06-20-2012 11:00 PM

Got a new B44.1 and I'm Lovin' this car, the best handling RC car I have driven in a very long time, if not ever, and I been in this hobby 20+ years. So much fun to drive that it has me pumped about racing all over again!!

Awesome car!!
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/a...-29-47_588.jpg
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/a...-55-26_430.jpg

phaqu22 06-21-2012 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by tkge (Post 10885835)
Got a new B44.1 and I'm Lovin' this car, the best handling RC car I have driven in a very long time, if not ever, and I been in this hobby 20+ years. So much fun to drive that it has me pumped about racing all over again!!

Awesome car!!

Pretty nice! Got my body coming in and it's gonna need some paint. :nod:

transplantlife 06-21-2012 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by tkge (Post 10885835)

Awesome car!!

LOOKING GOOD!!