R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   B44.1 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/441523-b44-1-thread.html)

offroader 03-27-2012 03:14 AM

hye guys and girls,

i am a stock driver and new to mod offroad. I tried a 5.5 LRP on sunday and came last, I usually do well in stock. I am wondering what are the fast guys running in mod to give best lap times? How do you determine what motor winding is best? do i have to get every winding and try them all to see which gives best laps? How do the fast guys know what to bring on the day?

Thanks and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Jademond

TCarlson777 03-27-2012 03:50 AM


Originally Posted by offroader (Post 10521665)
hye guys and girls,

i am a stock driver and new to mod offroad. I tried a 5.5 LRP on sunday and came last, I usually do well in stock. I am wondering what are the fast guys running in mod to give best lap times? How do you determine what motor winding is best? do i have to get every winding and try them all to see which gives best laps? How do the fast guys know what to bring on the day?

Thanks and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Jademond

It depends on the track you race on. A 5.5 is very hard to control, even for the best drivers. If you move down to a 8.5 you should be more in control, and as you improve you can add some boost for more top end speed on the straights. I ended up with a 6.5.

UN4RACING 03-27-2012 05:45 AM


Originally Posted by fastchvy (Post 10521535)
Any time frame on the lrp x20 motors, anybody know anything?

Mine is still on back order.

UN4RACING 03-27-2012 05:57 AM


Originally Posted by offroader (Post 10521665)
hye guys and girls,

i am a stock driver and new to mod offroad. I tried a 5.5 LRP on sunday and came last, I usually do well in stock. I am wondering what are the fast guys running in mod to give best lap times? How do you determine what motor winding is best? do i have to get every winding and try them all to see which gives best laps? How do the fast guys know what to bring on the day?

Thanks and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Jademond


Originally Posted by TCarlson777 (Post 10521716)
It depends on the track you race on. A 5.5 is very hard to control, even for the best drivers. If you move down to a 8.5 you should be more in control, and as you improve you can add some boost for more top end speed on the straights. I ended up with a 6.5.

When I came back this season I started with a 10.5, then progressed to 8.5 6.5 5.5 and now I am running a 7.5. Carlson is right on it. 10.5 was just not quite enough power. Starting with the 8.5 is a perfect motor to get a grip on the kit.

JakeC351 03-27-2012 07:14 AM


Originally Posted by Jason Turner (Post 10518456)

how'd you get all the blue off??

t0p_sh0tta 03-27-2012 08:11 AM


Originally Posted by JakeC351 (Post 10522287)
how'd you get all the blue off??

How to remove anodizing

fastchvy 03-27-2012 10:32 AM


Originally Posted by UN4RACING (Post 10521966)
Mine is still on back order.

Who did you order threw?

TheHillsPancake 03-27-2012 01:14 PM

just got my b44.1 kit today, so i opened the box and was looking at the carbon fiber packet and noticed there was no front shock tower... i looked for it in the box and its not there.. do i call team associated?

nhraman 03-27-2012 01:50 PM


Originally Posted by TheHillsPancake (Post 10523770)
just got my b44.1 kit today, so i opened the box and was looking at the carbon fiber packet and noticed there was no front shock tower... i looked for it in the box and its not there.. do i call team associated?

That's probably your best bet.

TheHillsPancake 03-27-2012 01:58 PM

thanks and any tips on building the diffs ? anybody ??

Mini8 Menace 03-27-2012 01:58 PM

T-nut washer do you use it
 
i just finished my build and was looking at the spare parts and i noticed the t-nut washer was left over from the diff and it was not in the manual should i use it or not

ALIEN3T 03-27-2012 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by TheHillsPancake (Post 10523770)
just got my b44.1 kit today, so i opened the box and was looking at the carbon fiber packet and noticed there was no front shock tower... i looked for it in the box and its not there.. do i call team associated?

Did you buy it from a hobby store and was the seal intact.

if so just call them, and just be honest and say, there is no shock tower. Don should be able to help you. There open for 2 more hours.

TheHillsPancake 03-27-2012 02:07 PM

i bought it off tower hobbies i called team associated and they said to email them the receipt and they will send me one so hopefully i get it soon

nhraman 03-27-2012 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My new B44.1 with electronics installed. Thanks to everyone that gave me some ideas.

Mini8 Menace 03-27-2012 02:27 PM

i had no hinge pins or diff balls
 

Originally Posted by ALIEN3T (Post 10523944)
Did you buy it from a hobby store and was the seal intact.

if so just call them, and just be honest and say, there is no shock tower. Don should be able to help you. There open for 2 more hours.

i didn't have all the hinge pins or diff balls and thrust balls and i called TA and they had no problem sending me replacements and i didn't have to send any receipts or anything but its taking a while to get here already missed my first race but they should be here tomorrow and i called them to see where its at but i made the first call thursday of last week

Mini8 Menace 03-27-2012 02:36 PM

diff t-nut washers ??
 
i finished my build and was looking at the parts left over and the only thing i noticed was the diff t-nut washers the plastic washers that were connected to the diff t-nut do you use them or not any info don't want to go run it and blow the diffs out anyone know what to do

nhraman 03-27-2012 03:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by fastchvy (Post 10518605)
Do the kyosho shocks bolt right up? Ate the the 2 wheel or 4 wheel shock? i take it they are big bores?

Here's a couple pics of the shocks bolted up.

fastchvy 03-27-2012 03:19 PM


Originally Posted by nhraman (Post 10524238)
Here's a couple pics of the shocks bolted up.

How did the car handle with them?

TheHillsPancake 03-27-2012 03:19 PM

any tips on building the diffs ??

nhraman 03-27-2012 04:00 PM


Originally Posted by fastchvy (Post 10524251)
How did the car handle with them?

I haven't driven it yet. They rock on the B4.1 so I'm sure they will be fine on this as well. I still have one set of new V2 shocks left I might try.

nhraman 03-27-2012 04:04 PM


Originally Posted by TheHillsPancake (Post 10524252)
any tips on building the diffs ??

I just followed the manual. I did nothing special other than run a surface grinder over the diff rings to make sure they are flat. The gears felt a little tight but I'm sure they will break in fast.

JoshCorti11 03-27-2012 04:26 PM


Originally Posted by TheHillsPancake (Post 10524252)
any tips on building the diffs ??

to make the car a little quiter you can put a couple drops of 50wt shock oil on the diff gears front and back.

nhraman 03-27-2012 04:37 PM


Originally Posted by JoshCorti11 (Post 10524502)
to make the car a little quiter you can put a couple drops of 50wt shock oil on the diff gears front and back.

Yes, I did that.

TheHillsPancake 03-27-2012 04:39 PM


Originally Posted by JoshCorti11 (Post 10524502)
to make the car a little quiter you can put a couple drops of 50wt shock oil on the diff gears front and back.

i put like 2 drops of diff lube or does 50wt shock oil work better ?

fastchvy 03-27-2012 05:03 PM


Originally Posted by TheHillsPancake (Post 10524547)
i put like 2 drops of diff lube or does 50wt shock oil work better ?

Are you running the balast weight?
Do you know how to set the diff and slipper?
What motor are you running?

JoshCorti11 03-27-2012 05:14 PM


Originally Posted by TheHillsPancake (Post 10524547)
i put like 2 drops of diff lube or does 50wt shock oil work better ?

I would say go with the 50 wt shock oil it is thinner and will not make the gears stick at all, it will also keep your tranny nice and free

TheHillsPancake 03-27-2012 05:26 PM


Originally Posted by fastchvy (Post 10524647)
Are you running the balast weight?
Do you know how to set the diff and slipper?
What motor are you running?

i am not running the balast weight yet.. and and i am new to 4wd diff set ups so i am going by the manual, if you have a better way of doing it please tell.. and im gunna put the tekin rs pro with a 6.5 in it.. gunna be racing at WCRC if that helps

fastchvy 03-27-2012 05:29 PM


Originally Posted by TheHillsPancake (Post 10524747)
i am not running the balast weight yet.. and and i am new to 4wd diff set ups so i am going by the manual, if you have a better way of doing it please tell.. and im gunna put the tekin rs pro with a 6.5 in it.. gunna be racing at WCRC if that helps

Heck ya....hit me up, i will help you get it rockin...i run the all orange 44.1...just layed down a 14/5:06 saturday night witch is pretty quick...my car feels sick!...i will pm you my number..

MattP 03-27-2012 05:34 PM

Hey guys I just picked up a b44.1 and was wondering what shock oils with the stock springs would be a good all around setup?

fastchvy 03-27-2012 05:37 PM

Front
Silver springs
#2 piston
Ae 35 wt oil

Rear
Green springs
#1 piston
30wt ae oil

TheHillsPancake 03-27-2012 06:09 PM


Originally Posted by fastchvy (Post 10524769)
Heck ya....hit me up, i will help you get it rockin...i run the all orange 44.1...just layed down a 14/5:06 saturday night witch is pretty quick...my car feels sick!...i will pm you my number..

alrite will do man.. thanks for the help cant wait to drive this thing..waiting for my front shock tower to get in cause my kit didnt come with one :flaming:

fastchvy 03-27-2012 06:38 PM


Originally Posted by TheHillsPancake (Post 10524989)
alrite will do man.. thanks for the help cant wait to drive this thing..waiting for my front shock tower to get in cause my kit didnt come with one :flaming:

I will be at wcrc tomorrow if you can make it down to break it in...

Mini8 Menace 03-27-2012 06:46 PM

hey do you use the t-nut spacer
 

Originally Posted by TheHillsPancake (Post 10524547)
i put like 2 drops of diff lube or does 50wt shock oil work better ?

hey i am done with my kit and i just noticed i have t-nut washers to the diffs they look like they would go on the opposite side of the diffs from the t-nut and they were connected to the t-nut in the kit but it says nothing about them???do i use them????

Mini8 Menace 03-27-2012 06:48 PM

hey do you use the t-nut spacer
 

Originally Posted by nhraman (Post 10524538)
Yes, I did that.

hey i am done with my kit and i just noticed i have t-nut washers to the diffs they look like they would go on the opposite side of the diffs from the t-nut and they were connected to the t-nut in the kit but it says nothing about them???do i use them????

TheHillsPancake 03-27-2012 07:13 PM


Originally Posted by fastchvy (Post 10525149)
I will be at wcrc tomorrow if you can make it down to break it in...

i would go down there if i had my front shock tower and my motor and esc but there still on there way :(

Mini8 Menace 03-27-2012 07:24 PM


Originally Posted by TheHillsPancake (Post 10525351)
i would go down there if i had my front shock tower and my motor and esc but there still on there way :(

hey i am done with my kit and i just noticed i have t-nut washers to the diffs they look like they would go on the opposite side of the diffs from the t-nut and they were connected to the t-nut in the kit but it says nothing about them???do i use them????

SpraydbySprague 03-27-2012 07:35 PM


Originally Posted by Mini8 Menace (Post 10525396)
hey i am done with my kit and i just noticed i have t-nut washers to the diffs they look like they would go on the opposite side of the diffs from the t-nut and they were connected to the t-nut in the kit but it says nothing about them???do i use them????

Those washers are dust covers for the thrust assembly on the opposite side of the diff.

Mini8 Menace 03-27-2012 07:49 PM

Ok should I use theM
 

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague (Post 10525460)
Those washers are dust covers for the thrust assembly on the opposite side of the diff.

Should I use them ???

Mini8 Menace 03-27-2012 07:51 PM

Should I use them
 

Originally Posted by Mini8 Menace (Post 10525527)
Should I use them ???

How do they fit do I have to shave off the nubs on them???

EricJ 03-27-2012 08:01 PM


Originally Posted by Mini8 Menace (Post 10525527)
Should I use them ???

They're not necessary, but I use them. They're not specified in the manual.

No, you don't shave the nubs. They slide in just like the T-nut slides in the other side.


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:37 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.