R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   B44.1 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/441523-b44-1-thread.html)

UN4RACING 03-19-2012 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by MatRE (Post 10485736)
I made up a cover either side of the spur gear,should keep the dirt out.I also noticed in another post that the older b4 has a cutout under the spur to let out those little rocks that might get stuck.

Yeah but the cut out can work both ways...LOL Sounds like your on the right track with the shielding on each side.

rickybobbyxxx 03-19-2012 07:59 AM

Ok thanks guys

UN4RACING 03-19-2012 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx (Post 10487060)
Ok thanks guys

Cheaper than tires....
Tonight when I get to a keyboard I will post up some other ideas that might help. I'm on my phone right now.

-WHEELMAN- 03-19-2012 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by KING_PALM (Post 10486130)
Anyone?

I would try TLR 22 pistons if I were you.

Buckaroo 03-19-2012 06:29 PM

Got my buggy today (ebay special). Better than advertised condition!

The only steering servo that I have is a Savox 1251. Think that'll be enough?

fastchvy 03-19-2012 08:55 PM

Cant wait for the AE big bores to come out, i tried the losi springs over the weekend....The stock ones are 1-1.5 seconds a lap quicker..took the losi springs right back off..they felt very wishy washy...im going to try the kyosho springs very soon...its crazy how much grip Ryan Cavalaries car has and hes running kyosho springs...let you know soon

UN4RACING 03-20-2012 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by fastchvy (Post 10490494)
Cant wait for the AE big bores to come out, i tried the losi springs over the weekend....The stock ones are 1-1.5 seconds a lap quicker..took the losi springs right back off..they felt very wishy washy...im going to try the kyosho springs very soon...its crazy how much grip Ryan Cavalaries car has and hes running kyosho springs...let you know soon

If I could just have one practice night with him....., Lucky duck. Your rolling with the man who has all the answers.:nod:

UN4RACING 03-20-2012 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx (Post 10487060)
Ok thanks guys

You can try the B option Hubs. More rear toe depending on over steering or even zero anti squat. Driving style and finding what to add or sacrifice to make the car quicker is a tough call. Lap times will tell over all. I like more rear toe and run .05 hubs to get some push in the steering when its dry. I run the B option hub with the black anti roll bar and 2 degree camber. If I'm running losi 25 I don't add weight, if I am running AE 25 I add the 87 gram ballast. Your tires may be the least of problems on a dry track.?
Try some set up changes 1st and you may save on tires.
You may find patience to be the only tool on a dry track, throttle control and don't over drive. Dry tracks are hard for even the pros to handle.
Let us know what you end up with.

G SquareD 03-20-2012 08:33 AM

4wd Buggy options...

Been itching to get into 4wd 1/10 buggy. From the research I've done it seems that the top three kits are the B44.1, DEX410 V3 and the Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS2 SP.

Off the bat I'm a bit weary of doing with the DEX410, due to the durability of Durango in general. It seems like a great car besides how fragile it can be. I realize this may be impacted by driver style, but seems that out on the track, even the best drivers have more parts break on the Durango than any of the of other top brands.

The AE and Kyosho also seem top notch. However they seem a bit dated a might be due for a update soon, so don't want to jump into something that will soon be refreshed.

The other major factor that I'm waiting on is to see what Losi TLR brings out to refresh the greatly outdated XXX. I own a 22B and love the darn thing. Been hearing rumors that TLR is designing a 4wd based on the 22 design.

Any input on these buggies is greatly appreciated! :tire::sneaky:

TJMac 03-20-2012 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by G SquareD (Post 10492277)
Been itching to get into 4wd 1/10 buggy. From the research I've done it seems that the top three kits are the B44.1, DEX410 V3 and the Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS2 SP.

Off the bat I'm a bit weary of doing with the DEX410, due to the durability of Durango in general. It seems like a great car besides how fragile it can be. I realize this may be impacted by driver style, but seems that out on the track, even the best drivers have more parts break on the Durango than any of the of other top brands.

The AE and Kyosho also seem top notch. However they seem a bit dated a might be due for a update soon, so don't want to jump into something that will soon be refreshed.

The other major factor that I'm waiting on is to see what Losi TLR brings out to refresh the greatly outdated XXX. I own a 22B and love the darn thing. Been hearing rumors that TLR is designing a 4wd based on the 22 design.

All three cars are more than capable. I'd buy the car with the best local support. A guy I race with used to run the Kyosho and his biggest issue was getting parts when something broke. When I got back into racing last year I really wanted to buy Losi, but the XXX4 never really grabbed my attention the way the XX4 did. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they have in the works.

UN4RACING 03-20-2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by G SquareD (Post 10492277)

The 44.1 is so good I think the only reason AE is testing shocks is because we keep crying for them. Updates are great but I want to compete at the highest level I can and with the most support and parts pricing. If I break my 44 I just walk to the counter buy it and continue my quest for 1st with out stocking 3 kits to keep parts on hand. If you buy the 44 its as simple as build it and race it. Nothing wears out to fast and its a serious threat to any of the competing kits. Matter of fact the comp is chasing it.
If you can hit the track and find each kit and ask to drive it. Don't listen to me or anyone else we all bought the best kit out there...LOL Driving one of each will help but I would say a fool and his money soon part if you don't run the 44. Its all the kits and more in one. I have seen tested and driven them all. I don't have much time with the Kyosho but they are the most fragile.

JEFFs SC10 03-20-2012 01:23 PM

Even though we dont have the classes for them here I plan on picking one up within the next couple of months. These look too fun.

Grouchman 03-20-2012 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10 (Post 10493470)
Even though we dont have the classes for them here I plan on picking one up within the next couple of months. These look too fun.

The traction these buggies have is unbelievable!!!

G SquareD 03-20-2012 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by UN4RACING (Post 10493443)
The 44.1 is so good I think the only reason AE is testing shocks is because we keep crying for them. Updates are great but I want to compete at the highest level I can and with the most support and parts pricing. If I break my 44 I just walk to the counter buy it and continue my quest for 1st with out stocking 3 kits to keep parts on hand. If you buy the 44 its as simple as build it and race it. Nothing wears out to fast and its a serious threat to any of the competing kits. Matter of fact the comp is chasing it.
If you can hit the track and find each kit and ask to drive it. Don't listen to me or anyone else we all bought the best kit out there...LOL Driving one of each will help but I would say a fool and his money soon part if you don't run the 44. Its all the kits and more in one. I have seen tested and driven them all. I don't have much time with the Kyosho but they are the most fragile.

Thanks for the feedback....please keep anymore coming! :D

Jason Turner 03-20-2012 04:47 PM

I had the Kyosho ZX5 FS2 & the B44.1 the Kyosho I never went very fast with and I remember having to grind the arm so it would turn all the way.

Got the B44 and it's competitive right out the box went faster than the Kyosho. For me

Autocratic 03-22-2012 05:23 AM

Was anyone here at the Bigfoot Race @ Mike's Hobby Shop running the 44.1? If so, what was your setup and where did you place.

Thanks.

Tyler Keel 03-22-2012 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Autocratic (Post 10501146)
Was anyone here at the Bigfoot Race @ Mike's Hobby Shop running the 44.1? If so, what was your setup and where did you place.

Thanks.

I just so happen to be able to help you out. Got an e-mail?

I finished 17th in the R-Main, is that ok?

burgboyz 03-22-2012 07:52 AM

Has anyone used a front anti-roll bar?
and if so...
What was the track conditions like when it was beneficial?

Thanks in advance.

UN4RACING 03-22-2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by burgboyz (Post 10501635)
Has anyone used a front anti-roll bar?
and if so...
What was the track conditions like when it was beneficial?

Thanks in advance.

Ooh ooh me pick me. My hand is up. Makes it push and land funny off camber. Its a little unstable on hard landings.
So it sux on a technical layout but is best on high bite smooth and flowing jump tracks. I had to run 22mm ride height to get it to roll in the corners.

Btw it did launch off jumps higher for me. It may just get you to the flat on that table top.

burgboyz 03-22-2012 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by UN4RACING (Post 10502088)
Ooh ooh me pick me. My hand is up. Makes it push and land funny off camber. Its a little unstable on hard landings.
So it sux on a technical layout but is best on high bite smooth and flowing jump tracks. I had to run 22mm ride height to get it to roll in the corners.

Btw it did launch off jumps higher for me. It may just get you to the flat on that table top.

Well, that's what I was hoping for but I didn't know how much I would suffer in the corners! On a high bite tacky track I would think it may be a benefit but other settings would have to be adjusted to maximize any benefit. Thanks RacerX.

fastchvy 03-22-2012 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by UN4RACING (Post 10502088)

Now go to tje front of the class and get your lolly pop!....lmao

UN4RACING 03-22-2012 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by fastchvy (Post 10502928)
Now go to tje front of the class and get your lolly pop!....lmao

Seems I may becoming the 44 thread post whore with a few others I see on here all the time...LOL. Defiantly my favorite thread. :nod:

STILL NO LRP X20....... :flaming: Back order. Any one else got one yet?

fastchvy 03-22-2012 05:50 PM

My lrp runs kinda hot, thinking about reedy or orion next time around...what do you think?

Buckaroo 03-22-2012 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by fastchvy (Post 10503773)
My lrp runs kinda hot, thinking about reedy or orion next time around...what do you think?

LRPs run hotter than all other motors. The instructions say not to get them over 210*F. Most considder 200*F to be the upper limit on an X12 the same way 180*F is on all other motors.

If you gear an LRP for the 160*F-ish range, you're gonna be dissapointed in the X12 performance. Once you get it hot and into it's 'sweet spot', it run like it's hair is on fire and it's butt is catching.

No idea about the Orion, but the Reedy is super smooth, and runs pretty cool, but doesn't give much temp feedback if it's overgeared until it pops.

UN4RACING 03-22-2012 06:07 PM

I highly recommend the Reedy sonic. In a couple of weeks I may have some Speed Passion input for you guys.
Long story short I had some solder run down on my motor and was arcing and zapped 2 Stock specs last week. One of the local SP guys in part with Burgboyz hounding me to try SP it looks like I will be running SP for a few weeks. In practice it felt pretty good.

It was all on me the LRP Reedy combo was rocking all season till a tiny flipping piece of solder got in between the terminal. burgboyz, AKA Scooby eagle eye caught it. Thanks Scooby.

In I bet 10 years of AE elec. I have never tested there customer serv. So I will let you guys know how it goes.

JohnWinn 03-22-2012 06:08 PM

How long do you guys think the Big Bore shocks will start showing up in kits?

UN4RACING 03-22-2012 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Buckaroo (Post 10503833)
LRPs run hotter than all other motors. The instructions say not to get them over 210*F. Most considder 200*F to be the upper limit on an X12 the same way 180*F is on all other motors.

If you gear an LRP for the 160*F-ish range, you're gonna be dissapointed in the X12 performance. Once you get it hot and into it's 'sweet spot', it run like it's hair is on fire and it's butt is catching.

No idea about the Orion, but the Reedy is super smooth, and runs pretty cool, but doesn't give much temp feedback if it's overgeared until it pops.

Weird. Both motors are opposite ends of the spectrum. I am looking towards the X20. And the new updated board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVzamhQvMT4

Must see!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0La1O...eature=related

UN4RACING 03-22-2012 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by JohnWinn (Post 10503868)

I'm guessing Oct. Or not soon enough.

JakeC351 03-22-2012 06:25 PM

I run Orion motors in both my cars and they stay amazingly cool and make the speedcontrol stay cool also.
HIGHLY recommended !!

Jason Turner 03-22-2012 07:08 PM

I'm lovin the new Orion stuff. I feel like I can actually "drive" a mod buggy for once :nod:

fastchvy 03-22-2012 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by JohnWinn (Post 10503868)

I talked to Ryan Cav and he said along ways away...they have barely started testing them..

burgboyz 03-22-2012 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by UN4RACING (Post 10503863)
I highly recommend the Reedy sonic. In a couple of weeks I may have some Speed Passion input for you guys.
Long story short I had some solder run down on my motor and was arcing and zapped 2 Stock specs last week. One of the local SP guys in part with Burgboyz hounding me to try SP it looks like I will be running SP for a few weeks. In practice it felt pretty good.

It was all on me the LRP Reedy combo was rocking all season till a tiny flipping piece of solder got in between the terminal. burgboyz, AKA Scooby eagle eye caught it. Thanks Scooby.

In I bet 10 years of AE elec. I have never tested there customer serv. So I will let you guys know how it goes.

The motor was the common denominator. I only wish I would have thought to check the rotor on my gauss meter before you sent it in with the esc(s). :sneaky:

AE will be quick with the service... I have "tested" them. Always on point!!

SP stuff is very nice! You were running the Cirtix... their "stock spec esc with a 1st generation motor. Just wait till you try the GT2.0Pro with a newer motor!! Sydor is leaving for a carpet race tomorrow at 1pm so I hope you caught him tonight to pick it up.

UN4RACING 03-23-2012 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by burgboyz (Post 10504735)
The motor was the common denominator. I only wish I would have thought to check the rotor on my gauss meter before you sent it in with the esc(s). :sneaky:

AE will be quick with the service... I have "tested" them. Always on point!!

SP stuff is very nice! You were running the Cirtix... their "stock spec esc with a 1st generation motor. Just wait till you try the GT2.0Pro with a newer motor!! Sydor is leaving for a carpet race tomorrow at 1pm so I hope you caught him tonight to pick it up.

I am picking it up Tuesday. I haven't sent my stuff in. Hopefully I will get time today. I am running the cirtix this weekend.

burgboyz 03-23-2012 12:17 PM

Testing BB's ???

http://events.redrc.net/

TheHillsPancake 03-23-2012 02:46 PM

i just ordered a b44.1 with a tekin rs pro with a 5.5, i am going to race a WCRW and was wondering what pinion i should use and some building tips for the b44.1

UN4RACING 03-23-2012 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by TheHillsPancake (Post 10507462)
i just ordered a b44.1 with a tekin rs pro with a 5.5, i am going to race a WCRW and was wondering what pinion i should use and some building tips for the b44.1

I would start with a 17p. Build the diffs with all 6 shims on the gear side and over grease the diff gear with 5 spots of Ae diff grease. It will break in and free up pretty quick so if it feels tight don't worry. The diff gears will hold up longer with that kind of nuclear power your running. Start with the kit set up and add the 87gram ballast between the packs. Should be all about tire selection from there. If the track is loose then run the B option hub and the inner top deck ball stud hole. Good luck. Keep us updated on the build....

forcewave 03-23-2012 07:11 PM

Turnbucles won't thread properly

My B44.1 kit came in today and I'm having one hell of a time assembling the camber arms etc. The turnbuckles just won't seem to thread for me, and I have no idea what kind of threads they are to purchase an appropriate tap. Any help would be appreciated. I'm stuck on this until I can figure out some way of getting them together. I don't want to screw up my car and hope someone here can help me out. Is there a trick to it I am missing?

Bike racer 03-23-2012 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by forcewave (Post 10508357)
My B44.1 kit came in today and I'm having one hell of a time assembling the camber arms etc. The turnbuckles just won't seem to thread for me, and I have no idea what kind of threads they are to purchase an appropriate tap. Any help would be appreciated. I'm stuck on this until I can figure out some way of getting them together. I don't want to screw up my car and hope someone here can help me out. Is there a trick to it I am missing?

Is it just hard to get them started? If that is the problem then use a drill bit or a body reamer to open up the hole in the end of the ballcup just a little bit so you can get the turnbuckles started threading in. Apply a little grease, or chapstick to lube the threads a little bit.

racer_guy 03-23-2012 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by forcewave (Post 10508357)

note the side with the notch is reverse threads. get some of the shock oil onto the threads and make sure they are str8 and you should be golden

UN4RACING 03-23-2012 08:50 PM

Use a 1/4 nut driver or your shock cap wrench. Hold the camber link with a wrench or pliers.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/...214_201151.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/...323_224310.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/...323_224328.jpg