R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   B44.1 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/441523-b44-1-thread.html)

spiro 12-01-2010 02:43 AM

Request:
Does anyone have a blank B44.1 setup-sheet - editable and saveable?

The one on the AE website is editable but not saveable. :confused:

AEDUE 12-01-2010 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by spiro (Post 8282083)
Request:
Does anyone have a blank B44.1 setup-sheet - editable and saveable?

The one on the AE website is editable but not saveable. :confused:

What you want to do is get a pdf printer off of the web somewhere. Here is the link. http://www.pdfforge.org/ This will allow you to print to a pdf and then save and print.

Krispy 12-01-2010 09:33 AM

I've about worn out my 2nd B44 and am happy with them still.

I'm suprised more people aren't excited about the new shocks. Is it just me or doesn't everyone experience the white plastic plate (that you snap in with the Shocky tool) pop out of place and spew oil all over everything??? let alone getting a consistent bleed? I know it can be done with some patience but to get all 4 shocks the same within a reasonable amount of time is difficult.

I've run Losi shocks set to the correct length for quite a while with great success. Glad to see AE change the shocks after, what? 20 years?

Anyone suprised to see they didn't change the spring rates for a Lipo setup? I've found than a small amount of weight and lighter springs for Mod and even lighter springs and no weight for Spec (10.5) is so awesome! Since i have been using Losi shocks i have a spring rate the is slightly softer than stock AE spec.

I'm assuming they went with a 81t spur to get clearance in the new "no slot" chassis. I've allways run the 84 with a 6.5 motor and 18-20t pinion, with a 19 being pretty ideal heat/speed wise. How small of a pinion will most of you guys be running with a Mod motor? Looking at mine i would think you could grind the chassis to fit the 84 without making a hole all the way through the bottom.

Luckily for me the Holeshots work at one of the tracks i drive. Replacing most of the bearings, fresh plastic, a new body, wing, and undertray, not to mention new diffs, outsrives etc....why freshen up a car that's more than a year old when you can get a new one for a few hundred bucks??? I've put $150 into my car twice and have learned to regret it. I keep my old one and use it for parts.

spiro 12-02-2010 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by AEDUE (Post 8282713)
What you want to do is get a pdf printer off of the web somewhere. This will allow you to print to a pdf and then save and print.

Thanks for the input, but no, that's not what I want to do. I want an editable and saveable version. One that can be changed after saving. The method of a pdf-printer renders a non-editable version for archiving. (Or have I missed something?)

OkieJim 12-02-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by spiro (Post 8286736)
I want an editable and saveable version. One that can be changed after saving. The method of a pdf-printer renders a non-editable version for archiving. (Or have I missed something?)

Working on it...will let you know how it goes.
found one...just not allowed to post the link yet..see edit reason...LOL

spiro 12-02-2010 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by OkieJim (Post 8288253)
Working on it...will let you know how it goes.
found one...just not allowed to post the link yet..see edit reason...LOL

Thanks for trying, but that form is first of all for the B44, not the B44.1. Second - you can't save the form filled out. An editable form can be found on the AE site as well.

OkieJim 12-02-2010 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by spiro (Post 8288597)
Thanks for trying, but that form is first of all for the B44, not the B44.1. Second - you can't save the form filled out. An editable form can be found on the AE site as well.

The forms are the same, AE site form says B44 at the top and I'm not able to edit and save the one on the AE site.
I'll use the one I found until AE decides to unshackle the B44.1 sheet. :weird:

TfnG 12-02-2010 07:34 PM

hey i just got my first b44. bought a Pro Tek lipo from A Main that uses bullet style plugs. how are you guys making this work? the lipo is gonna need spaced to the edge of the chassis for the bullet plugs to clear. are there any lipo cradles for that style of battery???

JoeC 12-03-2010 06:46 AM

Dremel the top edge of the bullet connector so you can go straight out the side of it instead of straight in. When you wire and connector are solderd together it will look like a L. Hope this helps. I am using a IP 6000 pack and have no clearance issues.

mrplease 12-03-2010 08:31 AM

does anyone know if the new b44.1 chassis will fit on the b44 with the old body and body tray?

chevydc44 12-03-2010 05:40 PM

so how do you guys like the new b44.1 compared to the old one

bjholz 12-05-2010 12:24 AM

Just got mine in the mail today. Fun build so far! Are you guys using the anti sway's?

kyle3333 12-06-2010 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by bjholz (Post 8298947)
Just got mine in the mail today. Fun build so far! Are you guys using the anti sway's?

I'm going to try the thinner, black sway bar in the rear.

ghost rider 12-16-2010 05:08 AM

alloy

Hey boys

Just bought B44.1
Any building tips??/ or just run it kit???
Do u guys run any alloy etc shock tower mounts,chubs,what shock oils and pistons?????

bjholz 12-16-2010 03:51 PM

Set it up as per the instructions...thats how I raced mine the first time, although I used different tires. Buggy was Dialed!

I used the silver sway bar in the rear, and I had to adjust the shims a little bit in one of the tranny's to get the mesh right. Be sure to loctite the threads that the instructions tell you too.

These buggy's run HOT, well any 4wd car does. Gear low, and cut vents in the body. I don't have alloy parts on it yet..was thinking about getting the center bulkhead and shock tower mounts though.