NEXX 8 Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mgmland View Post
Sounds good, I just put a mmp in it with a Dynamite Fuze 2500kv 550 motor running on 4s it is uncontrollable. I can't wait for my local track to get up and running!
I already have the car with the carbon fiber chassis and carbon fiber top plate and 7075 shock towers, do you have a setup sheet that you can post?

Matt
lol yeah 2500kv is a lot of motor!

I haven't really found any Nexx8 specific setup sheets out there, and I haven't filled one out for my car...but there's a few out there from the Jammin X2 which is where everything on the nexx comes from except the electric chassis. One of the team drivers had posted this setup:

Here is a base set-up guide from Pro-Line Team Driver Chad Bradley for my Jammin’ X2 buggy on indoor clay tracks.

Front:
Piston..................... Associated 1.1x10
Oil........................ 32-40wt Losi oil
Spring..................... Blue
Diff Oil................... 5000
Camber..................... -2
Ride Height................ 26-28mm
Shock Position............. Middle hole on tower; inside on arm
Shock Length............... 101mm (while it's bolted to the car)
Wheels..................... Pro-Line Velocity V2
Tires...................... Pro-Line Suburbs MC

Center
Diff....................... 5000

Rear
Piston..................... Associated 1.1x10
Oil........................ 22.5-27.5wt Losi oil
Spring..................... White
Diff Oil................... 3000
Camber..................... -2
Ride Height................ 26-28mm
Shock Position............. Middle hole on tower; inside on arm
Shock Length............... 123mm (while it's bolted to the car)
rear toe................... -3
Camber Position............ Most inner on tower, middle on aluminum hub or outside on plastic hub.
Hub Position............... Foward, use lower hing pin hole
Wheels..................... Pro-Line Velocity V2
Tires...................... Pro-Line Suburbs MC

I haven't tried all that but the rear toe was a big change in the car for me...As I was worried about getting the car to "rotate" I was weary of going to -3 rear toe plate because I was assuming it was going to make the car do the opposite. After finally trying it out a couple weeks ago I wish I would have gone to it a year ago...

The main changes I am running vs stock are:
- between +1 to +2 front toe out
- -3 rear toe plate
- rear hub spaced all the way forward (somewhat tight indoor track, I would move it back for a bigger outdoor track)
- 5/7/2 diff fluids (or 3/7/2 for a track with a lot of tight 180's)
- Softer front springs (i'm using Hot Bodies D8 gray springs but don't recommend them since the inner diameter is a tad smaller and I had to sand the spring retainers down a hair for them to work ok...)
- Lighter shock oil (I think 35 front and 32.5 rear with stock pistons)
- Alternate front arm holders (I think it's upper and lower set A for less front caster)
- Rearward hole on front ackerman plate for steering links.
- I run shorty packs spaced forward in the battery trays.

I may try to go back to the stock settings for the ackerman (middle hole) and front caster. I went with those 2 changes to get quicker turn in to combat the fact the car didn't seem to want to rotate around the corner. But now that it is getting around the corners like I want with the rear toe adjustment, I feel the quick turn in may be a bit twitchy. I'll probably try it this weekend.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got my Nexx 8 a week ago, took it to the track and was able to keep up with the 8ights, the mugens and all the others during practice, since mine had the stock chassis it bent with almost no abuse, I only chassis slapped a couple times (not lawn darts) but that is all it took, I just installed the 4mm chassis and it's 5X better they even revised it to leave aluminum in between the spur instead of a hole there, before the chassis twisted like a wet noodle, now its like an iron plate.

I did notice that quick switchbacks and turns the car excelled, but at the end of a long sweeper, the car just stuck and pushed, I found it's best to throw the car in and get the rear to slide in the corner. This was on inside clay, so I'm sure this will be different outside, plus this was during the 3mm chassis was installed, I'm sure the 4mm plate will loosen up the rear end.

I will update after raced day- I plan to at least make podium :P
Old 01-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

What brand chassie ( upgrade) are we talking about ?
thanks
Old 01-13-2015, 02:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxmekker View Post
What brand chassie ( upgrade) are we talking about ?
thanks
The 4mm chassis is from Ofna, and it was updated in the later kits after everyone was bending the original 3mm chassis. You can buy it for about $50

http://www.amain.com/ofna-4mm-6061-n...hassis/p188809
Old 02-05-2015, 11:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks . Not read all the post's in this tread, but is there any talk about the
Nexx8-E Truggy here ? I find some video Clips of the fuel vers. But I have a Friend who has some nexx8 buggy's and Truggys for sale. The truggy looks good and seems good for some backyard bashing.
Attached Thumbnails NEXX 8 Thread-35_1529952850.jpg   NEXX 8 Thread-35_333133720.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 01:01 AM
Tech Rookie

any price to me?
I want to sent a gift to my dad
Old 08-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Seems like ofna has discontinued the Nexx8 and parts are getting harder to find. Trying to find shock rebuilds and having no luck. Anybody tried Associated 16mm shocks? Don't want to go to new Ofna 17mm shocks as I have a lot of money tied up in 16mm springs from Ofna and Associated. Anybody tried any other shocks?
Old 09-06-2015, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone still run this thing?

I have one and the motor combo I have laying around is a TrackStar 120A ESC and a 2300kV motor is that combo too small for this buggy?
Old 09-16-2015, 07:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I put an early release Mamba Monster X in mine with a CC 2400kV and on a single 3cell it runs pretty good. I'm running the largest pinion I can fit (with the eccentric motor mount) which is 16th I think. This is on a large outdoor track. This is the 2nd qualifier at our last race (running the black and red body). The esc should be up to the task, not familiar with the motor if it's a 540 sized long can you should be fine. I removed one of the motor side battery tray and put the esc on the chassis. I run a 5000 25c 3cell and only pull 2500-3000mAh in a 7 min race. Motor and esc hardly break 140F.